Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AoC or Rift

NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Which has better end game content Age of conan or Rift?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Comments

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

Well, when I played AoC, it had absolutely no end-game content, either did WoW for that matter.  So maybe someone can step up on AoC, but with Rift, it's comprised of running the same shoe-box pvp lobby-system matches time after time, again and again, and doing the same dungeons on expert over and over to gain a purple item.

I really enjoyed the Journey to max level in all 3 games, WoW, AoC and Rift, but Im not one to pay $15/month for static and redundant non-organic content at level cap.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

I might expand on my problem abit.

Im currently playing AoC (29) and think its an awesome game apart from the fact that the solo content is boring me to death. I long so much for group content. I have no idea about the endgame content or weather i should push on to it.

Im looking into buying rift after the free trial experience, I have a pretty firm idea of what to expect, that is a wow model of engame content. I dont mind dungeon grinds like in the "old days", Just not to the extent world of warcraft has taken it. ie; continuious grinding of a dungoen for points to obtain gear or rep.

I like doing raids, I like running dungeons, I like strong comunity, I like strong group content.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Mellkor

Im currently playing AoC (29) and think its an awesome game apart from the fact that the solo content is boring me to death. I long so much for group content. I have no idea about the endgame content or weather i should push on to it.

Im looking into buying rift after the free trial experience, I have a pretty firm idea of what to expect, that is a wow model of engame content. I dont mind dungeon grinds like in the "old days", Just not to the extent world of warcraft has taken it. ie; continuious grinding of a dungoen for points to obtain gear or rep.

I like doing raids, I like running dungeons, I like strong comunity, I like strong group content.

My tip: stay a few more levels in AoC and do Sanctum when you hit 35. If that doesn't excite you AoC have nothing to offer you but it would be a shame to quit before seeing the first real dungeon of the game, and 6 levels should be pretty quick.

Once you done that you can decide if it is worth staying or if you should go for Rift instead. 

• SalmonManSalmonMan Member UncommonPosts: 192

You find the solo content boring? That's normally considered one of the better aspects of the game. Leveling up to 80 I always found to be fun - plenty of quests and stuff to do. Much better than at launch as well, where it was fairly barren in parts. It can become tedious after the first half dozen or so times, but by then you know all the best ways to level quickly.

One major issue that has been a problem for a while is group content pre-80. After 80 its fine - raids, khitai 6-mans, old world dungeons, etc. But prior to 80 no one seems to want to do the group stuff. You almost never see it advertised for in global. Thier are a bunch of neat instances, but it's much easier to just push on through to 80 where you can start getting T1 gear. Are you in a guild? I always found that in-guild people were way more likely to do some of the sub-80 dungeons. Always someone who wants gear for thier lowbie alts. I have a full account of toons and have played since launch but thier are still some dungeon I've never been in yet. Once you get to 80 just start doing the Khitai dungeons - loads of good blue drops or epic stuff if you crack the hard modes. Raids are also an option - always T1 & T2 pugs going at different times. Some of the big guilds are doing T3 as well, and T4...... well, thats a little broken right now. But, FC says they are getting on to that now that dreamworld is patched in.

One other issue lately is the population levels in AoC. They are a little low right now, mainly because FC stuffed around so much with useless updates (Horse racing? Really?!!). They seem to be getting their act together lately though, with the dreamworld update squared away, and they are starting to pump out new content. Also the movie is coming out later in the year and the next expac they mentioned should help give the number s boost.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by SalmonMan

You find the solo content boring? That's normally considered one of the better aspects of the game. Leveling up to 80 I always found to be fun - plenty of quests and stuff to do. Much better than at launch as well, where it was fairly barren in parts. It can become tedious after the first half dozen or so times, but by then you know all the best ways to level quickly.

AoCs dungeons start at 35 and he is 29. There is a few group quests in Conalls valley before that and a few pretty lame insteances but I am not the least surpised he finds grouping kinda lame and sparse so far.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

My guild keeps telling me to get 30 to do the "blackcastle" dungeon (which i have no idea about)  which has been the single motivation factor for lvling thus far...

I think loke is right, I need to stick with it for a few more levels...

• BefuzinBefuzin Member UncommonPosts: 15

Which has better end game content Age of conan or Rift?

My vote goes for AoC, the main reason being that in that game I actually have to pay attention to what im doing and whats going on around me be it pve or pvp.

• burkoburko Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

Well, when I played AoC, it had absolutely no end-game content, either did WoW for that matter.  So maybe someone can step up on AoC, but with Rift, it's comprised of running the same shoe-box pvp lobby-system matches time after time, again and again, and doing the same dungeons on expert over and over to gain a purple item.

I really enjoyed the Journey to max level in all 3 games, WoW, AoC and Rift, but Im not one to pay $15/month for static and redundant non-organic content at level cap.

Wow had no end game content? there's always been end content in wow.

• GoodAfternoonGoodAfternoon Member UncommonPosts: 252

I'm saying

I enjoyed AoC and Rift.

The combat of AoC and the graphics are nice. Hated the quest and shit but it was decent. Rift is a pretty fun game. I'd go with rift.

Rift