Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forsaken World: How do you like it?

Comments

• SilkravenSilkraven Member UncommonPosts: 74

i'm pretty fussy about my games and i'm kinda enjoying myself so far with this game. my character is mage level 37 at this writing. pet system is interesting part of this game as is the afk experience gains with proper faction exp. purchases. yes it has the cash shop, and i dislike them,but game is so entertaining i'm not minding the investment here and there. best ftp imho.

• jerkbeastjerkbeast Member UncommonPosts: 255

I didn't play the game for very long, but it's mainly due to 2 things. I didn't like the camera control/click to move stuff, and I didn't like creating a male toon that is forced to look, and dress like prince (90's pop singer). What I mean is that I'm 6'4" 220, and the guy I make looks like a little sissy guy that I could beat the crap out of. That isn't very inspirational to me as the hero I want to play in game. Yes there are other races, but you limit your class choices when choosing dwarf, or big rock guy.

• prototypoprototypo Member UncommonPosts: 179

Originally posted by jerkbeast

I didn't play the game for very long, but it's mainly due to 2 things. I didn't like the camera control/click to move stuff, and I didn't like creating a male toon that is forced to look, and dress like prince (90's pop singer). What I mean is that I'm 6'4" 220, and the guy I make looks like a little sissy guy that I could beat the crap out of. That isn't very inspirational to me as the hero I want to play in game. Yes there are other races, but you limit your class choices when choosing dwarf, or big rock guy.

I cant argue about your second opnion because we all have our own taste, but the first comment leads me to believe you didnt even try the game, if you did you would know that it has wasd movement(And if you mean click to move the camera uhm every game pretty much has that besides games that give you no control over the camera). Sorry but if you arent going to even try the game why even make comments like this? (FYI: they have a stoneman race that doesnt look sissy at all and hes pretty much a tank/warrior, beside the elve's just being warriors)

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by ksponge

The world just seems lifeless to me.  

freedom harbor has so many ppl i have to /hide players to avoid massive lags in town (with a good pc)...... that doesnt sound lifeless to me

Yes I know WASD is how you move in game. What I'm talking about is that I would prefer it if clicking the left mouse button while holding the right mouse button would make you move. If you do click with the left mouse button on the ground you move to where you clicked which is click to move, and I don't know how to disable it. As I mentioned before about the stoneman I don't like the limitations of either look cool, and play a class I dont wat to play, or play a class I want to play and look like a female. I did give the game another chance last night, and now I hate world chat. I don't know what you are supposed to do to use it, and it's generally just full of the same random people talking crap about eachother, and guild battles.

Aside from those things the game is actually somewhat fun.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Originally posted by prototypo

I cant argue about your second opnion because we all have our own taste, but the first comment leads me to believe you didnt even try the game, if you did you would know that it has wasd movement(And if you mean click to move the camera uhm every game pretty much has that besides games that give you no control over the camera). Sorry but if you arent going to even try the game why even make comments like this? (FYI: they have a stoneman race that doesnt look sissy at all and hes pretty much a tank/warrior, beside the elve's just being warriors)

I think he was talking about Kindred Vampires, which look like Prince if he dressed like a pirate.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• prototypoprototypo Member UncommonPosts: 179

Yes I know WASD is how you move in game. What I'm talking about is that I would prefer it if clicking the left mouse button while holding the right mouse button would make you move. If you do click with the left mouse button on the ground you move to where you clicked which is click to move, and I don't know how to disable it. As I mentioned before about the stoneman I don't like the limitations of either look cool, and play a class I dont wat to play, or play a class I want to play and look like a female. I did give the game another chance last night, and now I hate world chat. I don't know what you are supposed to do to use it, and it's generally just full of the same random people talking crap about eachother, and guild battles.

Aside from those things the game is actually somewhat fun.

I really admire you for clarifying what you were talking about (Most but not all would have just flamed), and yes i to have pressed on the ground only for my character to move in a position i didnt want him to move in. (I feel your pain). The World chat wasnt that bad until they released the pack whic gave you a chance to get a kool looking mount (Also pet skills & a 10 flutes), what you are seeing is the result of people gambling there leaves for a chance at that mount and getting stuck with flutes they either dont need or want. For the most part though i have whipsered people in the world chat who ask for help so its not all that bad and most of the time i just ignore the troll comments.

• carrie01carrie01 Member Posts: 77

I am actually impressed so far. The game has a considerable amount of polish and is designed to be even more user friendly than WoW. For example, I I killed a bunch of a certain type of mob, and later when I received a quest that wanted me to kill x amount of those mobs, my kills previous of acquiring the quest were counted towards my quest objective. Furthermore, quest items auto-loot and junk items are super easy to pick up off the ground, adding quickly to your inventory with one-click of the mouse and the item is labeled as it lays on the ground... No more down time watching your character bend over to loot a corpse... RIFT also has a nice looting system, allowing you to AoE loot, but that is a different game but what I want to say is that I am glad games are going in this direction. I don't know if WoW has addressed this or not in Cataclyms.--Anyway, some strange things are, in Forsaken World, is that you cannot drown or die from jumping off from high platforms. Super easy. When a  window pops up informing you that you have a new skill, you can drag it the skill from the pop up into your hotbar, instead of having to hotkey your skill tab and doing it that way. Not that it was ever a big deal, but its just another example of how FW cuts out a step here or two, providing for a more smooth and easy gameplay experience. Although I like the UI, I still think one should be able to fall to their death and drown and I can see some people b-tching about this. Oh, and female dwarves do NOT LOOK LIKE DWARVES. They look more like hobbits. But hey, the artists can make the FW dwarf look like they want... Fantasy purism aside, I would still rather play this anime hobbit than the bearded lady dwarf in EverQuest 2 =P

I haven't seen all of the game but the soul combat system seems cool and adds some flavor. The combat is fast paced and aesthetically pleasing, but I haven't seen enough to say much more.

The graphics are really nice and I may be pointing out the obvious--but it looks like WoW. It probably looks more like WoW than Allods Online, RoM, 4Story, etc. The reason is the in-game art which is pretty great. Oh, and the zones seem to feel very large and vast like WoW's, and unlike the other games I mentioned. That being said, the game isn't really a WoW clone other than the visuals (and basics that tons of MMORPGs have :P)

So far, it is looking pretty damn good.

Favorites: Vanguard SOH, Final Fantasy XI, Dungeons and Dragons Online

Future:
    Final Fantasy XIV 2.0
    EverQuest NEXT
    Wizardry Online
    Vanguard F2P edition (fingers crossed)

http://vgrpgblog.blogspot.com/

• EllithirEllithir Member Posts: 4

wow, so many negative comments! But I do admit, FW is kinda a disappointment for me.

I think the biggest part lies in its graphics. I was rather suprised about its mediocare graphis compared to PW and BoI, give the understanding this game is from a western dev team and came out later than others. The graphics indeed better than many other games out there, but it is proves to me that the dev team is lazy! Ex, where are those realstic grass? Water effect is a plus though, but repetitively used NPCs avatars is a minus! Ex, for vamps the girl(lamia) that got burned is same as the one who investigate in the zombie fields! Another is laziness is whenever the npc says they r gone, they are still there.....like that Lamia girl got burned, or that village girl who was turning into werewolf, or that werewolf guy goin to escape...i know i am being picky, but all these small things adds up you know.

good thing is at 15, i don't feel the grindiness of the game yet! (beginning though) and the biggest concern for me is the cash shop. I just hope this game doesnt turn out to be one of those that forces you to pay to be good.

Lore is also doing a good, actually excellent job! I enjoy reading everyone of them, and I really like how they made the information into collectable pages. this reminds me, I am annoyed about the limited available inventory size! one of those you have to pay to expand! geez!

Anyways. I was really looking forward for this game, but it turned out to be less impressive than PW and BoI overall.

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

-Cons-

• Combat is definitely lacking. Attacking an enemy doesn't feel fluid (A.K.A, Watching your character chase a slow moving enemy trying to auto attack them, and even though the attack animation plays, no damage is dealt).

• Sound effects stripped straight from WoW. Doesn't even try and hide it. Don't believe me? Go kill a Werewolf or Vampire hunter. Same death sounds >.<

• Not enough character customization options, which is odd considering this is made by the same people who made Perfect World.

• Respawn rates are punishing.

• Characters feel too powerful at some points and not powerful enough at others.

• Quests are boring and don't deviate enough from the norm.

• Classes aren't special. A Kindred (vampire) only class simply called "Vampire" for instance.

• Classes are restricted to race. Given the popularity of Kindred in the game it's detrimental to fixate on fixed race/class combos.

-Pros-

• Not a lot of emphasis on the Item shop (I.E No "Pay To Win")

• The achievement features are interesting and fun to mess around with. Great to collect all the cards and read the back story of areas.

• Quests are well localized, which is usually uncommon for F2P MMORPGs.

• Lore is interesting and fun to get involved in.

• Large world with many people.

• Offers both PvE and PvP options for players.

• Simple and familar formula that's easy to pick up.

That being said, these are my opinions. Please don't take offense to them.

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • gundamwinggundamwing Member Posts: 49

Originally posted by Miles-Prower

-Cons-

• Combat is definitely lacking. Attacking an enemy doesn't feel fluid (A.K.A, Watching your character chase a slow moving enemy trying to auto attack them, and even though the attack animation plays, no damage is dealt).

• Sound effects stripped straight from WoW. Doesn't even try and hide it. Don't believe me? Go kill a Werewolf or Vampire hunter. Same death sounds >.<

• Not enough character customization options, which is odd considering this is made by the same people who made Perfect World.

• Characters feel too powerful at some points and not powerful enough at others.

• Classes aren't special. A Kindred (vampire) only class simply called "Vampire" for instance.

• Classes are restricted to race. Given the popularity of Kindred in the game it's detrimental to fixate on fixed race/class combos.

-Pros-

• The achievement features are interesting and fun to mess around with. Great to collect all the cards and read the back story of areas.

This!

Its a typical fantasy MMO, but it is one of the better free to play games out there. The only other free to play game that I enjoy is Allods Online and yes the cash shop is a lot better than before!

The only thing I would add to the "Cons" list is the graphics engine that Perfect World Entertainment is using in their games. It is outdated and instead of it using your graphics card it will use your CPU more. The game only cares about raw CPU power and barely even uses the graphics card. Not only that but the game engine is just poorly optimized all together. Even with my i7 990x hexacore CPU, 6GB RAM, GTX 570 1.2 GB Superclocked FTW edition GPU the game still has issues running at max settings. I can run any other MMO, WoW, Lotro, AoC, FFXIV, Allods Online, Aion, DCUO, CoH/V, etc. and single player games like crysis at max with no issues.

But it is free to play and if you are interested in it than you should download it and try it for yourself. The nice thing about f2p game sis that even though the game might suck atleast I did not have to pay to play it.

Games playing: Lotro,Fallen Earth,Star Trek Online.
    Games playing casually: CoX,Guild Wars,FFXIV,Champions Online,DDO.
    Games Played: WoW,DR,L2,RoM,FFXI,Earthrise,EQ2,DAoC,WAR,Rift,Alganon,EVE,G&H Rome Rising.
    Waiting for: Guild Wars 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic.
    PC Specs: Intel i7 990x 3.5ghz, 6gb ddr3 Ram,EVGA GTX 570 SC FTW,EVGA x58 Classified 4-way SLI MB, 2TB HDD 7200rpm, 60GB Intel SSD: OS Drive, Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, Westinghouse 21 in. 1680x1050.

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

-Cons-

-Pros-

An honest review, IF you where comparing it to freaking WoW instead of reviewing it..

Originally posted by zellmer

-Cons-

-Pros-

An honest review, IF you where comparing it to freaking WoW instead of reviewing it..

I wouldn't suggest being up in arms about someone comparing a game to WoW, and complaining that it isn't a review when you haven't offered anything to the contrary. If you think he reviewed it in an unfair way then why don't YOU go ahead and write your own review? One line attacks on other peoples reviews isn't a review in itself. I look forward to reading what you have to say IF anything at all.

• RainBringerRainBringer Member Posts: 150

I do not like this game.

I got a CB1 invite for FW and I must confess, I hardly logged into the game after the first few hours and never really did any "testing".

The FW client downloaded pretty fast without incident, even though it was a torrent file...long as it DLd fast and worked fine I dont have any complains about it.

Once I got into the game, I found the character customisation very, Very restrictive. I played their PWI from when they launched it back in 2008 and I cannot really believe that the same company would take a step backwards on their new "flagship" MMO and resort to premades instead of user defined character models.

The gameplay itself was way too chunky. My first character was a Stoneman or whichever race it is. And he moved like he had calcified joints, painful calcified joints for that matter. Animations werent anything spectacular, graphics were cartoonish, so were the mob models, also the mobs spawned way too fast, I had to battle a bunch of giant snakes early on and even with a massive 4v1 gank the fight was very bland and not memorable. I got bored of that class when I fell down a cliff and struggled to kill an overgrown dragon mob, whereas a same level cleric was curb stomping them and hardly breaking a sweat. I might have been doing something wrong with that class or if its just that imbalanced, I dont care to ask.

For my second class I tried out a female kindred vampire. First impressions, I felt like the devs dint just jump to the decison to make female kindred(all female?) characters look like they had breast implants, but even concluded to give them silicone ass implants. Some might like them, but for me "forced" (since bust or hips arent user defined) Airbag models kill any little realism a game has to offer. As for the gameplay on that character, nothing special. I did turn into a bat once which was fun, but it was in a little closed circuit cave and I couldnt continue in batmode outside that cave. I moved along and ended up speaking to some vamp kiddo NPC asking me bout his bride or such like I got nothing better to do than hunt runaway brides, and thats when I logged out and the FW client was soon deleted a couple of days later when I just couldnt find myself wanting to go back and try out the Forsaken World ever again.

All in all, to me, it felt like a F2P WoW clone and nothing else. And I dont even like WoW for that matter, so I cant care less about WoW clones.

End of the day, I would give PW a higher score over FW and the truth is I stopped playing PWI back in early 2009. A game geting launched in 2011 with same old gameplay is atmost worth 5/10 and nothing more, in my humble opinion.

This is my very brief experience from late CB1. Granted I DID NOT test any instances or pvp or any real endgame part of FW, it is only my early game impressions, but the early game did not convince me to stay and play. To each his own and this is my review/opinion/POV or whatever you want to call it, about FW. Its a F2P anyhow so try it and you may or may not like it, but atleast you dont end up paying unless you really want to.

• DecadentiaDecadentia Member Posts: 464

It's meh. It's free so I try to keep an open mind but...my issues with it

1. The movement: It is far too slow, this must be changed, or I imagine most people will drop it.

2. Graphics/Visuals: Incredibly dated, muddy art

3. Performance: High traffic areas will be very laggy (regardless of system, I have a very good one), instead of fixing this (from what it seems) a tooltip comes up on how to turn off features (like graphics, or showing other players) to me this is  a huge huge problem. The fact they are getting you to turn off other players etc because it cannot handle the traffic?

4. Not very immersive, I find myself just going from quest to quest, clicking on the auto-run to next quest giver/location etc

5. Quests die out

This is free though, so beyond my criticism im sure it will provide entertainment for some.

• StarlightJunStarlightJun Member UncommonPosts: 56

It is ok for f2p game. I have a vampire hooker lv 11 now. I like the auto find for quest and npc becaouse if i didn't have that i get lost a lot! I am going to play some more but I am not sure how long.

• obocoboc Member UncommonPosts: 189

Well, I'll say. This game is about as good as the company running it . A BIG STEAMY PILE OF DOG SHIT . I pray this game fails along with the whole PWE company. This was by far the worse GM staff and support I've seen in 12 years of gaming, BY FAR !

So people, play it ,have fun and  waste some time. BUT DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE ANY MONEY.

Go spend you're cash on things like food . You'll get much more out it . :)

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Originally posted by StarlightJun

It is ok for f2p game. I have a vampire hooker lv 11 now. I like the auto find for quest and npc becaouse if i didn't have that i get lost a lot! I am going to play some more but I am not sure how long.

Are you seriouos about the hooker?  Can you really do that in the game?

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Originally posted by afhn2110

Of course not, but kindred females have the biggest breasts of any race in the game (possibly several games).

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• StarlightJunStarlightJun Member UncommonPosts: 56

No I was joking about my character looks like a hooker.

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767

Trying to enjoy it but the movement is pissing me off. One thing I wish all mmos would copy from WoW is the responsive movement.

• sazabisazabi Member UncommonPosts: 389

random asian grindfest.

im rather surprised this thread got so many reviews and people who said they bought something from the cash shop.

• adryanmihaiadryanmihai Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by oboc

Well, I'll say. This game is about as good as the company running it . A BIG STEAMY PILE OF DOG SHIT . I pray this game fails along with the whole PWE company. This was by far the worse GM staff and support I've seen in 12 years of gaming, BY FAR !

So people, play it ,have fun and  waste some time. BUT DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE ANY MONEY.

Go spend you're cash on things like food . You'll get much more out it . :)

+1000000000

F2P but P2W !!!

• XenratheXenrathe Member Posts: 24

Incredible grind.  Perhaps most telling are the Henry quests and the instance A God's Trial, two of the most important sources of exp for levelling up (possibly even THE two greatest).

Henry quests involve running errands around the game's single capital city Freedom Harbor.  The game doesn't even hide this fact - honestly that is your dialogue option when taking them "I'm just running errands."

A God's Trial is an instance that involves killing 60 mobs that mostly don't even fight back.  Which ends in a boss that is basically tank n spank (at level 35, so far every single boss of every single instance is just tank n spank).

I would definitely not recommend this game.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

No I was joking about my character looks like a hooker.

well, they kind of do. But the best type of hooker! high priced, high concept!

I've tried the game and kind of like some of the over the top artistic concepts. Like the vampire hookers and the totally '80's bards.

I'm going to see how high I can get without the need to buy anything from the cash shop.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo