Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Video] World in WAC alpha

KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Video from Wizards and Champions Alpha (low budget Indie MMO).  Very basic but it shows seamless world in progress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4US804dzek

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.

Comments

• gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234

Are you looking for testers?

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Always!  There's an informal hadware compatibility test in about a week, and shooting for another beta in May.

Forum is here.  http://www.wizardsandchampions.com/support/

No formal sign-up.  I post a client and set the router to accept connections from outside.  Accounts are made right from the client.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234

ill help however i can!

• skeith138skeith138 Member Posts: 176

wow looks like a nice game.

i do have some questions though: is it going to be u can only be one class(wow) or would we be able to lvup multiple classes like FFXIV?

Classes are torn apart at the moment.  By design it's trinity based with classes that can handle tank, dps, heal and a few classes that can do multiple roles and/or solo.

The conversion to twitch combat (there is no tab-target at all) sort of goofed that up.  Class will still set the usable armor and weapons, but I expect that classes will become more blurred.

To give you an idea...  there are 4 healer classes plus Shaman who can self-heal but not others.

Priest is a clothy, very efficient with mana, great dps, great heal including groups, but weak to melee.

Cleric is in mail.  Reasonably efficient with mana, great melee dps, great heal but not group heals.  Weak to magic.

Paladin is in plate.  Moderately efficient with mana, great melee dps, good heals, very high survivability, weak to magic.

Druid is in leather.  Spec'd as healer is amazing healer, fair at magic dps, moderate survivability but can go bear for armor boost.  Druid can also spec as tank, as melee dps, as caster dps, and as soloability.  Respec is free, he just has to keep 3 sets of gear in the bank :-)

To keep PVP fair, everyone is always weak to something.  Pally for example has no ranged skills that work on players.  A fire mage should be able to rip up a pally, except if the pally can get close... in which case the mage is hosed.

Much of this is up in the air.  Other than limiting armor (I don't want dps mages in plate) I'm hoping to make classes freedom oriented.

=============================================

EDIT:  I didn't show combat in the video.

Ranged combat is ALL aim-based, sort of like the magic in Darkfall.  Bows and projectile spells use this.

Melee is area-of-effect on each swing.  Swinging is automatic (sort of like auto-attack) but you have to be facing your target and close enough to hit it.  I've got a plan for special abilities that grant an extra swing with bonus damage (if they hit) but the engine doesn't do AOE very well so I have to write that.

There is no fancy block-dodge moves.  Players do their own dodging because getting OUT of the other guys weapon range for a split second can keep you from getting hit.  Shield for tanks is done like normal MMOs based on shield skill, levels, etc.

• skeith138skeith138 Member Posts: 176

ty for responding back.

just tired of class restrictions nowadays like rolling a mage from beggining u can only be that class forever.

maybe thats y i'm still playing FFXI/FFXIV because of the classless system they have.

i mean i like the idea that if u want to be a warrior then u can simply equip a melee weapon and ur that class or:

equiping a crossbow will make u a hunter or something similar like that.

(EDIT)

didn't see ur edit respond. i like darkfall and its combat but just don't like the atmosphere and how the graphic are dark   in that game is all.

good luck in ur project and hope to see u in beta

My first game had classes as skills.  You could drop your class at any level, learn another and train it up in a few days (switching back and forth was not suggested since dropping a class lost that training).  That was sort of nice, but the skill system was complex and the new players were constantly goofing up their builds.

Priests wearing plate that gave them NO armor because of DnD style penalties, mages in cloth trying to dual-weild axes... others just running around confused... it wasn't pretty. image