Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The next F2P Korean Grinder?

OnarixOnarix Member Posts: 84

I've played this game until level 31 and its heartwretching to see the experience double almost triple per level which would be unbearable thinking of what this could be at level 50+. The kill quests are completely garbage, kill x worms for venom which has a 10% drop rate. Collect x to give to x.

I think the only reason I didnt stop playing at level 10 was because of the auto router or I would be completely lost. This game does have some strong points.

Nightmare Carnival - Its fun with cool rewards for the whole party.

Gods Trial - Great experience with a x2 exp scroll on which can be easily acquired.

And well, sorry to say thats it. You either stay with the terrible rep mount at 50 which looks like an overgrown ram on steroids or pay 20-30 $ for the eyecandy flashing horse with armor. Upgrading armor past 6/12 is pretty much impossible aswell.

Im trying to play with the most positive attitude I can and would like some of your opinions on the game and what you think of it.

Ona,

Free to play means pay to win.

Comments

• EllithirEllithir Member Posts: 4

Eh...first of all, Perfect World, the game's developer, is based in China.

Second, if you know this developer, you would not complain for its repetitiveness. All of its games suffer this syndrome, and even the interfaces are copied between games.

Forsaken world by far is one of their best graphic games, but it was disappointing becoz i put my hopes too high.

I would think the lore is pretty good and did an excellent job at localizing the game.Anyways, it was mediocre game with some good features.

• ErstokErstok Member Posts: 523

Next F2P grinder? Actually it's just another in a long line of many to come.

When did you start playing "old school" MMO's. World Of Warcraft?

• AzusaNakanoAzusaNakano Member Posts: 19

I prefer to be a quest oriented game.. atleast you know the path you're doing

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

I don't think it matters what country they are from, all F2P games are a grind and a drain on your wallet once you reach a certain point.

Even LOTRO, there's not a XP grind for your character, but it is for your Legednary Items, which basically replaces leveling up your character at high levels (or adds to it).

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• GrammieGrammie Member Posts: 68

Don't know if it relates to being a F2P but this game is definitely a grinder.  Perfect World is better in terms of pure number of quests.  Forsaken has a lot of city oriented quests that are either boring, ultimately cost money or are unintelligible.  Maybe there is something lost in translation from Chinese.  My impression is that they didn't take the time to develop a solid game.  I love their instances but the rest is pretty disapponting.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by Grammie

My impression is that they didn't take the time to develop a solid game.

The game was announced and released in one year time frame, go figure =

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• DarkEnergyDarkEnergy Member Posts: 21

Given the fact that Perfect World are an experienced developers, we do think Forsaken World is a high quality MMORPG. The game is really fun, immersive, complete and beautiful. During this experience, we have not had any problems at all with the client: no crash or lag. It has been a quite good gameplay experience. Free to play is not a feature anymore for me because later on you still spend lots for it.. but at least you have an experience with this game

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by DarkEnergy

Given the fact that Perfect World are an experienced developers, we do think Forsaken World is a high quality MMORPG. The game is really fun, immersive, complete and beautiful. During this experience, we have not had any problems at all with the client: no crash or lag. It has been a quite good gameplay experience. Free to play is not a feature anymore for me because later on you still spend lots for it.. but at least you have an experience with this game

What do you mean by 'we'

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

Everyone which exp in mmo genre and try out different title extensively will know what to expect from forsaken world.

It's not everyone's cup of tea but i respect the company for their efford.

• GrammieGrammie Member Posts: 68

They seem to have solved the problem of crashes but occassionally most everyone gets kicked out.  They do still have glitches, but it seems that one by one, they are solving them...like the money exchange.  I do like the game but again, wish they had more quests.  The focus is on instances, which are fun, but are time consuming for a working player.

• jihashijihashi Member Posts: 136

Originally posted by Grammie

They seem to have solved the problem of crashes but occassionally most everyone gets kicked out.  They do still have glitches, but it seems that one by one, they are solving them...like the money exchange.  I do like the game but again, wish they had more quests.  The focus is on instances, which are fun, but are time consuming for a working player.

They have plenty of quests all throughout the game. If your not completeing them as you go, then your more or less stuck grinding. If you'll notice, alot of the quests that you do are in yellow. Those grant you the most xp for completeing them. My warrior was already ten levels above the normal quests, which I completed anyway, and I still had more to pickup. Also, don't skip the instances, those will net you alot more xp than you can handle.

• 190100190100 Member UncommonPosts: 52

Originally posted by DarkEnergy

Blatant shill for the company.

Client crashes for everyone , client lags even on the fastest cpus/gpus due to garbage 8 year old angelica engine.

As with all PWE/Wanmei games it's a quickly produced scheme from the China MMO Factory to make money with minimal costs to themselves, whose updates primarily revolve around ways to get you to spend more, with little regard to how the ingame economy is affected.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

f2p p2p its all the same  check wow you reach level 85 final can go to rage of fireland oups you got to get 150 point time 2 to unlock both side etc etc etc

in the end the only diff is who make the game.at least in f2p the cost is acceptable

• asj18asj18 Member UncommonPosts: 86

Wow the point of a free to play game is to get you to spend money on the game although i disagree about perfect world games always trying get you to spend money on there item mall I play jade dynasty I do not put much money at all into the game because it is not needed I do it because i want to not becuase i need to,

I admit after you ascend it is hard to get anywhere without putting a little money into the game but it is possible. it is still not a need.

Games I will be playing are: TES V, SWTOR, ME 3, TSW

pw maker could do a system like guild wars in some of their title buy a skill pack if you dont want to go grab it in game <

all the other stuff guild wars do.f2p could be similar but they just make more money doing it this way and in their country player are happy !so i bet the other country just come as a bonus,they really couldnt care less about the rest of the world .china alone as 400 million potential gamer lol

• obocoboc Member UncommonPosts: 189

So glad I got to see the real PWI team before I ever really considered playing this game. I got in the first cb , played for a bit, then they opened Legend of Martial Arts. So I moved over to that game. Wow let me tell ya, nothing but mass failed promises.

Loma was a outstanding game, but sadly, the community wasen't big enough. So what did they do? 

Offer a update ? 

Yes, one that was "right around the corner" , never came .

Do even one maintenance to clean up the game and update leaderboards ?

Nope, not once to the day after that "big update promise".

Even bother to offer any information what so ever on forums ?

Nope ! The GM/ whatever he was even stoped with copy and paste of the "No maintenance" post each week.

Now the forums are freely talk and do whatever you dam well please. Sad.

All this proves to me that, this company alone , dosen't give two flying farks about it's community, nor it's paying player base.

Simply put, give us you're money, keep giving us you're money, and both ways , still go fark yourself.

I wish I could put this point of view in everyones head, but I can't. I know PWI is happy for the fact there is a chump born everyday! 

i am not sure of the grind yet but so far the pace from 1 to 26 isnt the way wow works but it iend up about the same pace

if you include the money it would cost to play wow and put it in here i believe forsaken world leveling is actually faster.

i am still learning to play diff tho cause you have to learn ,the way toon turn in fw is very smart but player have to get used to it ,there is not such thing as xp item in wow or at least i dont think isaw them.in forsaken world it is the first thing you need to think about ,be it in crafting,grinding ,leveling etc YOU NEED THEM!it isnt a mandatory thing it is req .there are ton of way to get them .somer item will be needed to boost say weapon and armor but it is a forginving system.i bet at end game it is another thing needed.but i aint sure if it is a game breaking thing yet.since i am only level 25

this game is really picking up.tried french,usaeast pvp server and it is pretty much on the same squedule as wow

(after work)

so far i love forsaken world

all game have grind these days yes even wow .try the daily in rage of fireland and you ll see.

so in the end forsaken world is just better for me(like i say at least till 26 )later?we ll have to see later!

• jihashijihashi Member Posts: 136

Ok, let's not troll about WoW, and compare every single MMO out there as though WoW was perfect, because it's not.

I will agree that PWI has made alot of mistakes, if anything, they bit off more than they could chew. Either way you slice it, wether P2P or F2P, there's going to be grinding, no matter what. Leveling will always be different from game to game. Hell, I'm just waiting to see if any of these companies come out with a system where you just go around answering questions. Ok, dumb idea, but it would still be something new.

of topic jusst a bit:to previous poster:i think i recall a serie or movie or whatever the people in it played a game and they only had to press one big red button(maybe it was a tube on youtube)anyway everybody was playing the stupid thing to be the highscorer

lol .one big button to push lol.was so insane an idea i couldnt believe it .