Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you believe in Extraterrestrial life?

13»

Comments

• VercadesVercades Member Posts: 1,065

Originally posted by Badhawk

Originally posted by Chopes

I was in Breckenridge Colorado with my family. It was dark out. Somebody pointed out 3 lights, a red, blue and a white light in a triangle formation. You could faintly see the whole thing and it was solid. There was a light on the outside of it that moved into the middle of the 3 lights and then dissapeared. The 3 lights then streaked across the sky. I was not the only one who saw it, a few other people looking at the sky saw it at the same time. It was not human I can tell you that. I didn't "trick" my mind into it or anything. I know what I saw. Also, how would you explain my dad's very good friend dreaming she got abducted and waking up with a metal chip in her ankle? I'd like to hear a reasonable explanation for that one too.

Well two things seem to be wrong with your story, if you see any professional in pyscology, they will tell you, people's memory of an event slowly weaken over time, the amount of information that you gave me tells me that you really didn't see anything, and you are making this up. If you would like to prove me wrong provide a picture of the ankle and I will appologise to you for the misunderstanding, but until then. My opinion would be that your story isn't truthfull.

Lying makes me much cooler over the intrawebs!!

Seriously, why would I lie about it? I saw it, other people saw it.

Hmmm 3 lights?  I remember one night when Fort Knox was transporting helicopters through our town at night and they all traveled in a single line creating abunch of triangular lights.  COuld have been a high flying military helicopter or a normal one, sheesh I go out there every night and see triangular lights in the sky.  Some times I can find satellites in space.

Only significant UFO sightings to me are the many reported in 2002, from people driving in cars.  There was not much video footage but, I've met a guy that sposedly seen something like a UFO during that time he was my teacher at school.  He passed it off as an reflection in his window but, countless other reports of seeing UFO's during that year boggle alot of scientists.

I saw some encounters recorded on Proof Postive from the scifi channel pretty interesting.

• ChopesChopes Member Posts: 297

Originally posted by Vercades
    Originally posted by Badhawk Originally posted by ChopesOriginally posted by Badhawk
    I was in Breckenridge Colorado with my family. It was dark out. Somebody pointed out 3 lights, a red, blue and a white light in a triangle formation. You could faintly see the whole thing and it was solid. There was a light on the outside of it that moved into the middle of the 3 lights and then dissapeared. The 3 lights then streaked across the sky. I was not the only one who saw it, a few other people looking at the sky saw it at the same time. It was not human I can tell you that. I didn't "trick" my mind into it or anything. I know what I saw. Also, how would you explain my dad's very good friend dreaming she got abducted and waking up with a metal chip in her ankle? I'd like to hear a reasonable explanation for that one too. Well two things seem to be wrong with your story, if you see any professional in pyscology, they will tell you, people's memory of an event slowly weaken over time, the amount of information that you gave me tells me that you really didn't see anything, and you are making this up. If you would like to prove me wrong provide a picture of the ankle and I will appologise to you for the misunderstanding, but until then. My opinion would be that your story isn't truthfull. Lying makes me much cooler over the intrawebs!! Seriously, why would I lie about it? I saw it, other people saw it.
    Hmmm 3 lights? I remember one night when Fort Knox was transporting helicopters through our town at night and they all traveled in a single line creating abunch of triangular lights. COuld have been a high flying military helicopter or a normal one, sheesh I go out there every night and see triangular lights in the sky. Some times I can find satellites in space.
    Only significant UFO sightings to me are the many reported in 2002, from people driving in cars. There was not much video footage but, I've met a guy that sposedly seen something like a UFO during that time he was my teacher at school. He passed it off as an reflection in his window but, countless other reports of seeing UFO's during that year boggle alot of scientists.
    I saw some encounters recorded on Proof Postive from the scifi channel pretty interesting.

FYI That show has to make money somehow, and oviously they got your attention. This doesn't mean it is true.

http://www.OriginNow.com
    Free File Hosting at Origin Now - 100 Megabyte Max Upload Per File

• j-monsterj-monster Member Posts: 1,060

While i cant say i BELIEVE thats there are extraterrestrials as i havent actually seen one for myself,

Id say theres a 99.9 percent chance that some where out in the galaxy there is another form of life.

• MadAceMadAce Member Posts: 2,461
    A lot of ppl confuse ufo's, crop circles and alledged abductions with alien lifeforms. There is a huge gap between the urban myths and the real thing.
    Almost the entire scientific world is completely shure about the existance of primitive alien life. Most probably in the form of single cells. The real question is about the existance of intelligent life in space. And what exactly is intelligence? Are humans intelligent? Are ants? Chimps? Sure is that the universe is so big ( and with big i really mean fuck'n holy shitty BIIIIG) and diverse that it is probably that there are a lot of possibilities of life.
    The future will learn.
  • ZoremereZoremere Member Posts: 19

I agree that E.T's do exist. Think about the millions of galaxys and the trillions of solar systems. The chances that there is a planet just the right distance away from a star to support life are pretty much 100%. Only really ignorant or religous people think that there is no other life but our own. The chances of bacteria type life forms in our universe are certain, the chances of there being a civilization equal to ours is really good and the chance of there being a more advanced society than ours is probably better than the chances of a civilization being equal to ours. Those are just my views, if I have offended enyone, I'm sorry.

Come to my forums at http://s10.invisionfree.com/Portal_of_Paradise
    Portal Of Paradise I am hiring satff and mods

• drgotsondrgotson Member Posts: 8

first off, there are very many people have say that they have have seen a "U.F.O." but does every1 know what U.F.O. stand for?  it stands for Unidentified Flying Object.   the thing is that there are lots of things that fly and are unidentified. 

have u ever wondered about the new military jets and helicopters.  the first time the public sees them is when the goverment wants them to. and every time the new plane, jet, or heli is unvieled it flies perfectly.  did u just thing some guy just said "O, this looks like a good plan i hope it works and doesnt crash."  no they test out the prototypes. first they do it in a wind tunnel. but the wind tunnels can never match the sky perfectly. evently they have to take them out for a test flight.  mainly during the night. do u know when most of the U.FO. sitings are? they are during the night.  the goverment has actually admitted that they have flown prototype jets and helicopters of cities during the night. so dont u think that some of the "U.F.O." sitings might be goverment prototypes. 

now earlier there was a post about someone seeing three lights in a triangle all of different colors. i have a reasonable explaintion for that. first of all about the colors of the lights. when you are in the dark your eyes have to work harder to pick up what little light they can. when u leave a lit area and go into the dark your pupils have to quickly adjust to the darkness. but since your eyes werent made to do that it can cause you to see things different colors or see spots of color that are actually nothing. but since many people say the lights i can explain that.

a plane has three main points where thier lights are. those are the wing tips and the rear fin.  now those if u dont know for a triangle a little like this     /_  now if your eyes had to look at a plane over 10,000 feet in the air and focus on three little lights in the dark dont u think that that might cause even a little stress on them.  and as i said before the more stress you put on your eyes the harder it is for them to work properly.  so if those three little lights where looked at hard enough dont u think that multiple people would see them and see the same different colored lights.

now lets get off the subject of U.F.O.s and onto life on other planets. many people said that there is life somewhere out there on a different planet. im not going to say that it isnt true. but one thing you have to think about is what defines intelegent life.  the dictionary says that if you can apply and use learned knowledge that it is intelgent life. well wouldnt that make all animals also intelgent life since they learn by what happens to them.  it also says that capable of thought and reason. well do animals think about what they are gonna do. i dont know but proably,  i doubt that they just walk around all day not nowing where anything is because they cant think about what they did the day before and where it is.  but the last one is that the dictionary says rules out almost all animals. reason, can they think that if they see bones of their own kind that they shouldnt go near them, do they think that if they are being shot the should go somewhere else and not stay in the same area, no.  they do what they remember doing.

now im not going to say there there isnt or is intelligent life out there because i dont know if there is or not. but what im gonna say is that its highly improbable.  because look at the evolutionist theory. it says that we all came from sludge that just came out of nowhere.  scientists have done the calculations about the chances of intelligent comeing from that sludge. they are over 1,000,000,000,000 to 1 thats saying that every 1 trillion times it happened it only happen once. now the chances of intelligent life occuring on 2 planets if around 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 to 1.  now i dont know about you but to me that looks like a huge number.  now lets see our solar system has 9 planets in it so that means it would take about 9,000,000,000,000,000,000 solar systems for inteligent life to form on both now you also have to take into consideration that our planet is very balanced and mild. now if that other intelgent life if it did appear somewhere else was put on a planet like mars where it is extremely hot and would die instantly or pluto where it would freeze instantly the makes it even less likely that it would happen.

now thousands of people say a day that they have been ubducted. some of them admit to lieing but others are so serious that they go to a therapist.  therapists sometimes use a way of drawing out memories called hypnotism.  but has actually been found out that hypnotism doesnt draw out memories it actually enbeds them into peoples memories.  when people are hypnotized they feel a extremely strong urge to do what the hypnotizer wants.  so after they are hypnotized they create this story about them being ubducted and after they wake up from this hypnotized state the believe the story that they made up.

i may be back later with more info but thats all for now

• CactusmanXCactusmanX Member Posts: 2,218

Now I know that that there may or may not be ETs, but would it really matter if there were, while it is an amusing thought that other life exists in the universe, but I find it hard to see myself caring

Well what would you do if say tomorrow scientist discovered other life forms

Don't you worry little buddy. You're dealing with a man of honor. However, honor requires a higher percentage of profit

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Monty Python's Galaxy Song from "The Menaing of Life"

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
    And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour,
    That's orbiting at nineteen miles a second, so it's reckoned,
    A sun that is the source of all our power.

The sun and you and me and all the stars that we can see
    Are moving at a million miles a day
    In an outer spiral arm, at forty thousand miles an hour,
    Of the galaxy we call the 'Milky Way'.

Our galaxy itself contains a hundred billion stars.
    It's a hundred thousand light years side to side.
    It bulges in the middle, sixteen thousand light years thick,
    But out by us, it's just three thousand light years wide.

We're thirty thousand light years from galactic central point.
    We go 'round every two hundred million years,
    And our galaxy is only one of millions of billions
    In this amazing and expanding universe.

The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding
    In all of the directions it can whizz
    As fast as it can go, at the speed of light, you know,
    Twelve million miles a minute, and that's the fastest speed there is.

So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
    How amazingly unlikely is your birth,
    And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
    'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth. image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

Originally posted by drgotson
    well wouldnt that make all animals also intelgent life since they learn by what happens to them.

why those deer still run in front of cars even though they saw thier mom last week get plastered by a hummer?

the answer to that i also stated. because they lack reason.  they remember things that happen and can think about what they do but that only gives them inteligence.  but without reason inteligence has little help.  they dont reason that if cars go on roads that they shouldnt go near them cause they have seen other deer get hit on roads. they only remember that the person was hit by a car but they dont think not to go near the roads.

here let me explain it in simple terms.  if you took the smartest person in the world and put them in the back alleys of some large city they will know where they are and what might happen but they wont know how to stop it. but if you take a less inteligent person that has great reason they might not know where they are or what might happen but they would know if they get mugged what they should do.

• firemagicfiremagic Member Posts: 878

Originally posted by Razorback
    Monty Python's Galaxy Song from "The Meaning of Life"

LOL. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title! ::::28::

• sbenixsbenix Member Posts: 70

There is definetly intelligent life in the universe. Some years back, my grandpa worked at a military radar. Sometimes, they would see huge flying objects. The objects could stop in mid air, and instantly go faster then any aircraft, or anything. Even faster then the aircraft we have today other then Space shuttles and types.

• nubbinsnubbins Member Posts: 245
    the  mathematical chances of us being alone in the universe are slim to nil , in all probability we are just one species out of billions that inhabit this universe , possibly tens of thousands of species that have established civilizations this includes past , present and future and hundreds that are equal in technological progress or surpass our own at this very moment.  To even suggest that mankind is alone in this universe just shows the arrogance and the stupidity of the human species.

God among men

"Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!"

- Christopher Walken

Originally posted by nubbins
    the  mathematical chances of us being alone in the universe are slim to nil , in all probability we are just one species out of billions that inhabit this universe , possibly tens of thousands of species that have established civilizations this includes past . . . To even suggest that mankind is alone in this universe just shows the arrogance and the stupidity of the human species.

know every1 i would like you to look at this specific qoute "To even suggest that mankind is alone in this universe just shows the arrogance and the stupidity of the human species."  know he admits that the human race is arrogant and stupid.  doesnt that tell you something about what we really are.  we are a race of greedy, attention wanting, power wanting, lieing, and stupid people.  people make things up just so they get attention. they believe anything that is told to them by the media.  people have faked things just so they will be put on tv given money interviewed and all other sorts of thing. 

now i dont know if you see what im getting at but lets see what you think.

• BadhawkBadhawk Member Posts: 203

now earlier there was a post about someone seeing three lights in a triangle all of different colors. i have a reasonable explaintion for that. first of all about the colors of the lights. when you are in the dark your eyes have to work harder to pick up what little light they can. when u leave a lit area and go into the dark your pupils have to quickly adjust to the darkness. but since your eyes werent made to do that it can cause you to see things different colors or see spots of color that are actually nothing. but since many people say the lights i can explain that.
    a plane has three main points where thier lights are. those are the wing tips and the rear fin. now those if u dont know for a triangle a little like this /_ now if your eyes had to look at a plane over 10,000 feet in the air and focus on three little lights in the dark dont u think that that might cause even a little stress on them. and as i said before the more stress you put on your eyes the harder it is for them to work properly. so if those three little lights where looked at hard enough dont u think that multiple people would see them and see the same different colored lights.

OK, I want to clear this up for everyone who is trying to come up with a reasonable explanation for what I saw. Really, none of your arguments hold weight. It was a black triangle with lights on 3 ends, I could faintly see the outline of it too. It was HOVERING there. Not flying. HOVERING. A white line went in them iddle of the triangle and then dissapeared. Then the thing flew off VERY fast. It went from hovering to a thousand miles an hour in nothing flat. It was not a helicopter, and if it was a military plane thats one HELL of a fighter jet. Also, it was making no noise what so ever, so it wasn't a helicopter.

OK, I want to clear this up for everyone who is trying to come up with a reasonable explanation for what I saw. Really, none of your arguments hold weight. It was a black triangle with lights on 3 ends, I could faintly see the outline of it too. It was HOVERING there. Not flying. HOVERING. A white line went in them iddle of the triangle and then dissapeared. Then the thing flew off VERY fast. It went from hovering to a thousand miles an hour in nothing flat. It was not a helicopter, and if it was a military plane thats one HELL of a fighter jet. Also, it was making no noise what so ever, so it wasn't a helicopter.

well bad hawk i think i have the answer for your "U.F.O." siting.  you wanna know what it tis. its called the RAH-66 Camanche.  the U.S.'s newest stealth helicopter.  painted with radar protective BLACK paint.  Has max speeds of OVER 200 mph(very fast) Virtually SILENT.  it has been in tests flights since 1996 expected to be realased 2006.  50 ft long 15 feet wide.
    o yeah and if you where to look at the mathatical approach of if we are the only intteligetn species its over 9,000,000,000,000,000,000(that we are) to 1( that we arent) and its probably even less likely then that.

Originally posted by nubbins
    the  mathematical chances of us being alone in the universe are slim to nil , in all probability we are just one species out of billions that inhabit this universe , possibly tens of thousands of species that have established civilizations this includes past , present and future and hundreds that are equal in technological progress or surpass our own at this very moment.  To even suggest that mankind is alone in this universe just shows the arrogance and the stupidity of the human species.

Thats basically how Carl Sagan and Stephen Hawking and Me see it...

I know you all think your smarter than me... but are any of you claiming to be smarter than Carl Sagan and Stephen Hawking ?? Have any of you done 10% of the research either one of them have done on this topic ??

The propensity of people to run off at the mouth on topics they know nothing about is inversely proportional to the amount of reading they do on that topic.

Thats my theory of forum behaviour... feel free to use it...

If you want to change your ratio under my theory then read this stuff...

http://bubl.ac.uk/link/c/cosmology.htm

http://starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/StarChild/whos_who_level2/sagan.html

http://www.resa.net/nasa/

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

yeah i looked at that stuff it all talked about evolution. about how we came from sludge or whaterever u want to call it. that we evolved from little organism yada yada yada yada and it goes on and on and on.  but does it ever tell you the chances that we came from the same place as a worm. NO! it says we are right because we have big fancy degrees and every1 else is stupid.

scientists have actually calculated the chances that we came from the same thing as other organisms. they tried it with a monkey.  u ready for this? well whenever they got the results back it said it was physically impossible. now that was done by multiple scientist who had big ol' fancy degrees in all this special stuff.

now how do you like that

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

My last SETI packet contained 'We're about to pwn joo!!1111!!!'.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

yeah i looked at that stuff it all talked about evolution. about how we came from sludge or whaterever u want to call it. that we evolved from little organism yada yada yada yada and it goes on and on and on.  but does it ever tell you the chances that we came from the same place as a worm. NO! it says we are right because we have big fancy degrees and every1 else is stupid.
        scientists have actually calculated the chances that we came from the same thing as other organisms. they tried it with a monkey.  u ready for this? well whenever they got the results back it said it was physically impossible. now that was done by multiple scientist who had big ol' fancy degrees in all this special stuff.
        now how do you like that

Yes your two paragraphs of poorly researched, unsubstantiated nonsense make more sense to me than all the reading i have done in my life!

You have knocked Enistien, Sagan and Hawking down a peg or two... Well done

And the SETI quote imageimageimage now thats funny!

+-+-+-+-+-+
    -+-+-+-+-+-+

• lonelyrobotlonelyrobot Member Posts: 194

It's sort of the same question as "Do you believe in god?" when you really look at it. I'd be willing to bet that 98% or so of the people that don't believe in extraterrestrial life believe in god (That's fine if you don't, I'm just making a point).

I believe in extraterrestrial life. I'm not so sure I believe in flying saucers, Area 51 and all of that nonsense but I most certainly believe in life away from earth.

• MenwMenw Member Posts: 38

Do I believe in extraterrestrial life forms? Yes. Some people think that the possibility of any ET life in space is nonsense just because there hasn't been any proof to backup the idea. People, people, people, please use some common sense! There is more outside our own Milky Way. Yes, we humans may be the only breed of intelligent life in OUR galaxy, but there's about an infiniti left to be discovered.

By the way, the Mars trips have been useful as astronauts and scientists have uncovered fossils of ancient mollusk and bacterial life forms. There is proof of that. Just do a little bit of net surfing.

Personally I think it's ignorant for someone to think there are no E.T.s out there. Come on now. There can be aliens on Earth this very moment for all I know. Has anyone ever brought out positive, trustworthy information about Area-51? Not that I know of. The government can be lying, making society think one thing, when it's actually something else. After all, it is the government.

Aliens/E.T.s can be far more advanced than present day humans that they have remained undiscovered up to this point. This is why we need to keep an open mind ALL THE TIME. Keep an eye out for those unexpected, strange situations/occasions cause' it very well could be a sign of alien life among us. image image