Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Geez...these guys emailed me at mmorpg

daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Greetings!

Recently, the problem of account invasion is getting worse and worse which cause enormous playersâ?? equipments and virtual currency stolen. This severely damages the benefits of mass players, also causes our company lose a lot of customers.

Our company has to adopt some measures to safeguard our common benefits in order to strengthen the safety of mass players'accounts, and firmly resist the account to be stolen again. Through our company's research and investigation to xxx customers, we will make the following decisions: we launch a package of updated code strengthen system and dynamic code protection card which can effectively prevent the accounts invaded. We will send this package of code protection system to players free of charge.

Please open this connection:  

If your account passes the check successfully, we will send this package of dynamic code protection card to you in the form of e-mail.

In 3 days after you receiving the e-mail, if you don't submit your information, we have right to freeze your account, every player is obligated to protect the safety of the account. You must work together with us to be determined to crack down all the behaviors of destroying games.

If you had already authenticator your account, please disregard this automatic notification.

Regards,

The World of Warcraft Support Team

Blizzard Entertainment

I took out the weblinks so no one would click on it.  I just got this in my mmorpg.com email.  I never even gave blizz my mmorpg.com email address.  Note the grammar. pfffft!

Comments

• HelternHeltern Member Posts: 193

Hopefully you responded immediately and kept Blizzard from freezing your account! Blizzard is working hard to protect your interests. (rolls eyes)

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135

Scam. Don't reply. I have been getting similar emails and I don't even have a WOW account!

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

Just shows you that people and I use the term people lightly who advocate these scum of the earth gold farming sites are getting desperate and now have moles in our community and many other communities for I imagine so. Look how desperate they have become.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

That's sick.

Hopefully mmorpg.com really clamps down on crap like that. Maybe it would be a good idea to make the message option only available after being member for a certain time and having a certain post count. That would at least prevent quickly recycling new accounts for fishing purposes.

• AliothAlioth Member UncommonPosts: 236

How could anyone fall for that? It's barely english.

• rashherorashhero Member UncommonPosts: 510

Originally posted by Spiider

Scam. Don't reply. I have been getting similar emails and I don't even have a WOW account!

I'm glad you told him it was a scam. I'm sure he was about to reply.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Originally posted by DarkPony

That's sick.

Hopefully mmorpg.com really clamps down on crap like that. Maybe it would be a good idea to make the message option only available after being member for a certain time and having a certain post count. That would at least prevent quickly recycling new accounts for fishing purposes.

I heared MMORPG.com had a breach in their account log system, and that several IPs pertaining to this had been copied for "external use".

Here's hoping that these gold farming scum get hacked for spewing this crap all over our site :3.

Just saying...

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.