Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard - Best Community

Hello

First some background:

I played Vanguard about 1 and a half years ago and loved it. However i left due to:

1) Fallen Earth was coming out and it looked amazing

2) My crappy computer could not run Vanguard very well

3) I couldnt find anyone to group with....my guild was a bunch of 50-55's

I then went on to play Fallen Earth followed by Eve Online for a looooong time and then to Rift. I was so appauled by the RIft community that i quick even though i liked the game and decided it was time to go back to the game with the best community.....Vangaurd. I am in my 20's now and am completely done with the ADD dps meter max min rageahol generation.

So i sub for Vanguard knowing very well that there are no devs and SOE could pull the plug at any minute.......but at this point i dont really care. I join a guild called Twilyght Song and low and behold there are a HUGE amount of members and there all people of all levels on all the time. I swear like half the server is in this guild. And to top it all everyone is nice and helpful to an extent i have rarely seen in MMO's.

This is my MMO home and i dont see myself going anywhere.

If your sick and tired of playing with raging kiddies and all you want in a nice community and deep pve gameplay please think about joining Vangaurd and the guild Twilyght Song.....you wont regret it.

Finally I am not an officer and was not told to post this.....if you join the guild you dont have to register a web site or any crap like that. Its just a casual guild with a lot of really nice players.

Thanks for reading.

Playing: PO, EVE
Waiting for: WoD
Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

Comments

• bluedragonnnbluedragonnn Member Posts: 118

This is because when a game is on its raggedy edge, and no-one is left but their core/hard core members, most of those people tend to be mature. I'm sure theres still a few asshats, but they probably all play on the pvp server.

Originally posted by Turdinator:
    Wow. So many great points made in that post. You are a fine addition to the Athiest movement my good man. Keep up the good work and post as often as you like. It sounds like you have important/intelligent things to say.
  • AutofireXIIIAutofireXIII Member Posts: 35

Hi there Nether!

I joined Twilyte Song over a week ago. Who do you play? I posted something about this a few days ago, maybe you're a player who read this and joined as a result of that?

I totally agree! The guild is amazing and the community is fantastic! More people should quit whining about what HAS happened and just enjoy it for what it is. If you're the type that is sitting there on the fence, knowing full well you want to play and the lack of people is putting you off - there are more playing than you think and finding a tight-knitt guild really works wonders. If you miss out and don't take a chance, you'll regret it when the day comes and it's taken away :)

Autofire

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

Are there many players in the 15-21 level range?  I have like 4 or 5 toons in that range.  I stopped playing because I could not find people to play with.  I might be willing to give it another try in a few weeks though. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

Originally posted by MMOman101

Are there many players in the 15-21 level range?  I have like 4 or 5 toons in that range.  I stopped playing because I could not find people to play with.  I might be willing to give it another try in a few weeks though. 

I have not really counted but there are certainly players between 15-21 in the guild.

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

• AutofireXIIIAutofireXIII Member Posts: 35

Logged in right now and we have 6 people including myself 14-20 (3 of which are level 14). Also have a friend of mine joining with a level 12 Druid shortly as well who is taking up the game again so there are plenty around that i'd say. Can't imagine you'd be alone much :)

Autofire

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

Thanks, I may look at here in a few weeks when I get more time.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• hail2dathiefhail2dathief Member UncommonPosts: 232

Downloading the game right now, played it a couple of times previously but quit do to just no one being around and no social aspect for me.  Well returing in hopes of finding a guild or some peeps to play with this time around.  I'll let you guys know when i get in game and will edit later with in game name so hope to see you guys soon.

• DecadentiaDecadentia Member Posts: 464

Just bought it and have been playing it, really enjoying it, find it quite immersive/mature. Regret not playing it earlier, look me up in game, love company.

Name: Decadentia on Telon

• hail2dathiefhail2dathief Member UncommonPosts: 232

I'll add to the friends list, my in game name is Mustachio Ride.

My problem is that i bought the game and really didn't want to do the Island since i have done the island a couple times in the past.  So not sure if anyone is gonna be near my hometown or not.  And not really sure if i can rift it to Veskal's or whatever it's called.