Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nexon gives out $3 in item mall cash to apologize for server problems

trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

While I suppose they didn't have to do anything, what can you do with $3 in the cash shop?

3 costume boxes, which will probably end up giving you a handful of crystals worth maybe a million in game.

I thought Ndoors was a cheap skate company, but it looks like Nexon is even worse...

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

Comments

• i00x00ii00x00i Member Posts: 243

Originally posted by trancejeremy

While I suppose they didn't have to do anything, what can you do with $3 in the cash shop?

3 costume boxes, which will probably end up giving you a handful of crystals worth maybe a million in game.

I thought Ndoors was a cheap skate company, but it looks like Nexon is even worse...

Yes as opposed to what WoW or any other mmo would have done, given out an apology at most with more expected downtime xD. Be happy that you got anything at all..

Most people go through life pretending to be a boss. I go through life pretending I'm not.

• Zeit_geistZeit_geist Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by i00x00i

Yes as opposed to what WoW or any other mmo would have done, give out an apology at most. Be happy that you got anything at all.

rofl

Aren't you getting that its only a stunt to make you go into the cash shop? Giving a virtual 3$ doesn't cost them a penny, but some of the millions that are going to take a look in the cash shop will end up spending more than that 3$... PROFIT$$$.

You get it now?

Originally posted by Zeit_geist

Yes as opposed to what WoW or any other mmo would have done, give out an apology at most. Be happy that you got anything at all.

rofl

Aren't you getting that its only a stunt to make you go into the cash shop? Giving a virtual 3$ doesn't cost them a penny, but some of the millions that are going to take a look in the cash shop will end up spending more than that 3$... PROFIT$$$.

You get it now?

Hell of alot more for newer players than nothing at all. You could always just take what you got and use your "$3" dollars on petty items and be done with it. People who end up buying more would have ended up buying more anyway. Again, at least it's better than nothing. 

Most people go through life pretending to be a boss. I go through life pretending I'm not.

rofl

You get it now?

Hell of alot more for newer players than nothing at all. You could always just take what you got and use your "$3" dollars on petty items and be done with it. People who end up buying more would have ended up buying more anyway. Again, at least it's better than nothing. 

It just marketing for profit. Turning a bad incident into a money grab. Have fun with your virtual 3$.

rofl

You get it now?

It just marketing for profit. Turning a bad incident into a money grab. Have fun with your virtual 3$.

I'm not denying the fact that there was an alterior motive for their "apology" but the fact remains that most online gaming companies don't give their customers anything for server downtime, it's a part of the online agreement. Especially not F2P games.... it's not like your loosing any money when a non-sub fee game is having server downtime. 

My point is that I simply don't see why anyone would make a big deal out of this. So Nexon is a business out to make money by taking the opportunity to market themselves more. Looks like good customer service while possbly raking in a little more profit. Isn't that what all businesses are about.

In the end Nexon makes a little more money to run the FREE TO PLAY game and "some" people are happy they got a new costume for their character. Your mad they didn't give you a full body asian massage and $500 to spend on a game your paying nothing to play? Really.

rofl

You get it now?

I'm not denying the fact that there was an alterior motive for their "apology" but the fact remains that most online gaming companies don't give their customers anything for server downtime, it's a part of the online agreement. Especially not F2P games.... it's not like your loosing any money when a non-sub fee game is having server downtime. 

My point is that I simply don't see why anyone would make a big deal out of this. So Nexon is a business out to make money by taking the opportunity to market themselves more. Looks like good customer service while possbly raking in a little more profit. Isn't that what all businesses are about.

In the end Nexon possibly makes more money to run the FREE TO PLAY game and "some" people are happy they got a new costume for their character. Whats the big deal.

Yeah, its all good. moving on.

rofl

You get it now?

In the end Nexon possibly makes more money to run the FREE TO PLAY game and "some" people are happy they got a new costume for their character. Whats the big deal.

Yeah, its all good. moving on.

good argument, I guess you get it now.

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Server problems in a Nexon game? No way! Haha..

Sucks for players of this game though, especially those coming from the NA version, it has had a lot of host-side problems over the last few months and I can't see this 'new' rocky start going over too well with them.