Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aerrevan: Gone Gold and F2P

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

CubeForce Media has announced that its premier title, Aerrevan, will be officially in gold release status on April 19th. In addition, devs are adopting a free to play model due to "changes in the MMO landscape".

On April 11th, 2011, CubeForce Media will host a final beta test and give away 5000 final beta access keys! In addition, all 5000 final beta participants will be given free premium game accounts! Further details on how to obtain these keys will be released at a later date.

Lastly, CubeForce Media announces that due to changes in the MMO landscape, Aerrevan will adopt the free-to-play payment model! A premium account option as well as an all new item mall will replace the current subscription-based payment model. Current subscribers will recieve premium subscriptions for free, as well as $20 worth of CubeForce Points to spend in the Aerrevan item mall. The CubeForce store has been closed in preparation for this conversion, and will re-open on April 19th, 2011.

Read more at the Aerrevan site.

Thanks to Jergis for the tip.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 802

When they changes in the MMO landscape, do they mean that they've finally come to terms with the fact that they've created a terribly inferior product when put up against almost any other game that is currently released, or being released?  If so, yeah.  I agree with them.  I feel bad for the people who paid up front for this game.  As far as I'm concerned this game was a scam, and still is.  I don't really understand why people buy into this kind of crap.

I like to complain about games.
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

Dont know for this game.

But i can tell you that P2P ship has sailed away. Bye bye. Didnt like you anyway :P

• KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252

I am kinda looking forward to try out this game! Games like this are not as WoW, but still I like those, just because these games allways have a "cozy" feeling and very often a good community.

Games like this one are candy in my eyes, while WoW and RIFT starts being an eye candy, but then become a "I have to play even if it is no fun!"

I will try it and hopefully it is good...or else I just search for "the one". I think that everyone should try this, even if you like it or not!

• versulasversulas Member UncommonPosts: 288

Not surprised... It looks like EQ1 w/ a bloom effect =P

Could be a good game, but it won't sell anything looking like that.  At least f2p gets people in the door...

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by versulas

Not surprised... It looks like EQ1 w/ a bloom effect =P

Uhm... EQ1 looks better, A LOT BETTER ;-)

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

im sorry but was this supposed to orignially be a P2P game? I mean I understand it is indie or what have you, but this even qualifies as a low-quality F2P.. Even Xsyon has better design than this.. I mean, people are bound to try it as a F2P but with it looking and performing similar to Knight Online, it probably will not attract many..

In this heavily heavily saturated industry, titles like this have no room tbh..

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

You can get one of the final beta access keys that will turn into a free premium account when the P2P change happens here: http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/event/Aerrevan

There's 998/1000 keys left as of this posting.

Steam: Neph

• KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252

Thanks for the info! 

"Remember, these keys will be converted to Premium Account keys....so don't miss out!" -Aerrevan Admin

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Originally posted by sladden27

Thanks for the info! 

"Remember, these keys will be converted to Premium Account keys....so don't miss out!" -Aerrevan Admin

They should also be on mmosite.com according to the Aerrevan forums. 

Steam: Neph

• huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Dont know for this game.

But i can tell you that P2P ship has sailed away. Bye bye. Didnt like you anyway :P

me too , f2p is now and the future, it depends on how they handle the cash shop be item based or content based.

Edgar F Greenwood

• crazynannycrazynanny Member Posts: 173
    If this is one of the future F2P genre MMOs then I'm glad I prefer that dying P2P...
  • trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Bloom lighting is the worst thing to happen to gaming graphics.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there