Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player help system (issue 20) - I hope other mmos adopt this

NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/04/07/player-help-system-added-to-city-of-heroes/

Players who log on for the first time since the patch launch will see a dialog box with three options -- "Helper," "Help Me!" or "Neither."

The last category is an opt out, but choosing to be a helper gives you the temporary Helper title as well as a golden name.

The brand-new Help Channel has also been added to the global chat channels, allowing players to ask for help and guidance from the City of Heroes community as needed.

---------------

mmos (for me at least) are about community

I dont play COH but I love this addition they have added -- lets you easily identify players who will help others

Comments

• therain93therain93 Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Originally posted by Nadia

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/04/07/player-help-system-added-to-city-of-heroes/

Players who log on for the first time since the patch launch will see a dialog box with three options -- "Helper," "Help Me!" or "Neither."

The last category is an opt out, but choosing to be a helper gives you the temporary Helper title as well as a golden name.

The brand-new Help Channel has also been added to the global chat channels, allowing players to ask for help and guidance from the City of Heroes community as needed.

---------------

mmos (for me at least) are about community

I dont play COH but I love this addition they have added -- lets you easily identify players who will help others

CoH's community tools should be the gold standard every other mmo steals from -- the team/member finding ui, the sidekicking system, and now this.

• OSF8759OSF8759 Member Posts: 284

Star Wars Galaxies had the feature first (I was a Helper in that game pre-NGE), but this is indeed a good improvement for the game.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by OSF8759

Star Wars Galaxies had the feature first (I was a Helper in that game pre-NGE), but this is indeed a good improvement for the game.

I do remember that.

Also FFXI has had the "mentor" system where you can search for people who are mentors to ask them questions whenever you like, and that's been around since Rize of the Zilart in 2003.

I'm pretty sure DAoC had an advisor thing that was very similar and that was back when it launched too.

Really do like the idea of an internal community assistant program.