Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Keyboard movement - turning, not strafing?

trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

I really don't like moving by clicking. I like using the 4 arrow keys on the keyboard (I use my mouse lefthanded). 

You can do this, but you can't seem to be able to turn left or right, only strafe. Am I just stuck with strafing?

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

Comments

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

I don't play Forsaken World but i take it you've tried Q & E or Z & C for turning?

Check the keybinds in game as it will be there if it's possible. I usually just prefer strafing with the keyboard and right mouse button for turning.

• glaglablargglaglablarg Member Posts: 35

The keyboard movement is quite weird; WASD/Arrow Keys causes the character to run in that direction (No strafing or backpeddaling) and you need to hold down the Right Mouse button to turn. I'd say that the game was designed to be played with the mouse for movement, with WASD being thrown in as an afterthought.

• menasuremenasure Member Posts: 75

does this mean that you can not customize the key bindings in this game?

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

If I didn't remember wrong, you can hold your right mouse button, and turn, it will be stafting instead of turning

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• jihashijihashi Member Posts: 136

The most I can suggest here is to check your keyboard options. Toy with those a bit, and you'll be able to move normally just like in any MMO.

• malroth67malroth67 Member UncommonPosts: 66

Originally posted by jihashi

The most I can suggest here is to check your keyboard options. Toy with those a bit, and you'll be able to move normally just like in any MMO.

Do you know how to fix it to where you can turn though?  That is one thing that is really bugging me in this game, not a real big deal but definately bugging me.  I haven't found anything in the keybindings to suggest turning, or camera turning, or a camera follow option,  so I assume I am missing something here.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

it isnt really straffing,the mecanic is real life move.like try running full speed and turn 90 degres in real life you wont you ll strife

this is it!so if you stop going forward then turn and start running again you will have turn 90 degre it take getting used to but once you got the hang of it it actually make sense!saw some player do this in pvp and i was like how the eck did he turn 90 degre he just played with the w key a bit and continued whatever he was trying to achieve in pvp it was hilarious to whatch lol.