Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New character models are here!!

dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386

As I promised last year, a new patch which upgrades ALL the character models was released last night. Check it out!

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living.
If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

Comments

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

seems like a big deal. No screenshots?

• dsmartdsmart Member UncommonPosts: 386

There are in thew newsletter as well as the QOL dev blog

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Originally posted by dsmart

I looked at that link and the newsletter http://www.alganon.com/newsletters/newsletter_0311.html#1 and don't see any screenies. Am I missing something? I'm really curious what the toons look like now.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148

Originally posted by skeaser

I looked at that link and the newsletter http://www.alganon.com/newsletters/newsletter_0311.html#1 and don't see any screenies. Am I missing something? I'm really curious what the toons look like now.

You could always download the game and take a look for yourself :D

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

You are not the only one.  Maybe someone playing the game will post some pics...... if there are indeed players.

• ArezonArezon Member UncommonPosts: 282

Originally posted by B1mble

Honestly, if the DEVs can't be bothered to post some pics of the new models then I can't be bothered to download the game and try it.

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448

What kind of developer announces that they have updated their game with something as huge as new charater models, and then doesn't even provide a thumbnail of one of them? I might have been interested, but now I am even less interested than I was before... if that's even possible.

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

i was wonderinf the exact same thing..I mean why haven't the devs uploaded some screenies and Mr Smart could post the link here. I am sure he would like to listen to our opinions since many of us(including myself) have tried Alganon before....

UPDATED: I ggogled this matter myself and only found this screenshot http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joystiq.com/media/2011/01/alganon-b4-and-after-models-1295459888.jpg

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

Faction vs faction conflict,where you have to pay real money to be competative. No thanks.

Originally posted by Shadanwolf

Faction vs faction conflict,where you have to pay real money to be competative. No thanks.

Subscriptions are real money as well

• B1mbleB1mble Member CommonPosts: 148

I have played the game and still log in from time to time and I have not come across anything from the cash shop that would give a player an overwhelming edge. 

Coukd you list the items that would give a massive advantage?

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by pupurun

With subscriptions, both people are paying the same amount to play. Neither has the option or requirement to pay more money to get ahead of those that don't.

Same sub fee, same game, same features, same experience.

Not the same thing as what Shadan was getting at.

Try again.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

Originally posted by WSIMike

With subscriptions, both people are paying the same amount to play. Neither has the option or requirement to pay more money to get ahead of those that don't.

Try again.

Subscription plans DO NOT equalise all win/lose factors

Perhaps we should also equalise the following:

Keyboards

Mouses

Mouse pads

Internet Connections

And some other factors , more humane as:

Mobility 

Fatigue

Amount of Free time

Where am i getting at? To the fact that no game can secure equality amongst its player base! Agreed?

So what if a game tries to gain some money by providing an upper hand to those that lack in some of the above factors?

Or do you expect to master a FTP game without paying a dime? It's like asking for free food at McDonalds

And if you think that subbed games are fair , let me remind you some mistakes that make themselves unfair to all gamebases:

GRIND TO WIN GAMEPLAY

EXPLOITS TO RAISE STATS

LOUSY SERVER PERFORMANCES THAT AFFECT PVP RESULT

CLASS IMBALANCES

and to be honest, i personally have never payed a dime on a FTP game.But i don't go around making subscribed games look like the Tooth Fairy and make all FTP(mini shop games) look like the devil. They all try to make money.

And if i want to believe that i can beat you in game by using my wallet ,well, let me think that way .You can try with your extra free time or younger eyes and hands.Nobody is perfect.

p.s.And by YOU ,i don't personally mean you WSIMike.I meant it like a figure of speech.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

"Look guys, we have new character models! But we're not gonna post any screenshots, videos, or anything to show them off."

Makes perfect sense to me. image

• Konner920Konner920 Member UncommonPosts: 295

I remember how disappointing this game was. People talked about it, I tried it during beta. and lol'd.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Try again.

Keyboards

Mouses

Mouse pads

Internet Connections

Mobility 

Fatigue

Amount of Free time

Where am i getting at? To the fact that no game can secure equality amongst its player base! Agreed?

So what if a game tries to gain some money by providing an upper hand to those that lack in some of the above factors?

Or do you expect to master a FTP game without paying a dime? It's like asking for free food at McDonalds

And if you think that subbed games are fair , let me remind you some mistakes that make themselves unfair to all gamebases:

GRIND TO WIN GAMEPLAY

EXPLOITS TO RAISE STATS

CLASS IMBALANCES

and to be honest, i personally have never payed a dime on a FTP game.But i don't go around making subscribed games look like the Tooth Fairy and make all FTP(mini shop games) look like the devil. They all try to make money.

And if i want to believe that i can beat you in game by using my wallet ,well, let me think that way .You can try with your extra free time or younger eyes and hands.Nobody is perfect.

p.s.And by YOU ,i don't personally mean you WSIMike.I meant it like a figure of speech.

Classic, textbook example of strawman argument.

The comparison is between F2P where you pay the devs more money to get ahead or flat subscription fee that cannot be increased/decreased to get IG advantages.

The fact that there are other factors that gives one player the edge is completely irrelevant. In your example only identical twins, having the exact same hardware/software would be equal. A nonsensical argument as then no sport, game or competition would ever be considered fair.

It would be like saying: Hey lets allow doping in sports because there are so many factors in play making the competetition un equal anyway. image

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Originally posted by Yamota

Try again.

Keyboards

Mouses

Mouse pads

Internet Connections

Mobility 

Fatigue

Amount of Free time

GRIND TO WIN GAMEPLAY

EXPLOITS TO RAISE STATS

CLASS IMBALANCES

The comparison is between F2P where you pay the devs more money to get ahead or flat subscription fee that cannot be increased/decreased to get IG advantages.

The fact that there are other factors that gives one player the edge is completely irrelevant. In your example only identical twins, having the exact same hardware/software would be equal. A nonsensical argument.

Even identical twins have the chance of having different capabilities. Had one been intrigued by games and played all along, whereas one had no interest and had never played, the prior would still have the advantage.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by Yamota

Try again.

Keyboards

Mouses

Mouse pads

Internet Connections

Mobility 

Fatigue

Amount of Free time

GRIND TO WIN GAMEPLAY

EXPLOITS TO RAISE STATS

CLASS IMBALANCES

The fact that there are other factors that gives one player the edge is completely irrelevant. In your example only identical twins, having the exact same hardware/software would be equal. A nonsensical argument.

Even identical twins have the chance of having different capabilities. Had one been intrigued by games and played all along, whereas one had no interest and had never played, the prior would still have the advantage.

Which makes this strawnman argument even more pointless.

"It would be like saying: Hey lets allow doping in sports because there are so many factors in play making the competetition un equal anyway. image"

You have no idea how many multinational giant companies would love that idea and are already pushing it forward...image

Seriously what have you got to say about this:

"And if i want to believe that i can beat you in game by using my wallet ,well, let me think that way .You can try with your extra free time or younger eyes and hands.Nobody is perfect."

Do you disagree?You mean it's ok to beat a mini shop fan with your extra time but it's not fair the other way around?

I may want to spend 200$ on a game that you are willing to spend 200 hours more than i will.It's unfair both ways imo.So any game that is time consuming should NOT be played by people with limited free time?

My whole point was that NOTHING can be exactly fair in modern mmos.So its just a matter of choice.Not of wrong doing.

I do personally prefer subscription over FPS but i reall cannot agree with  all the hate some people create about the so called "FREE" to played games.

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Questions regarding the assumed pay-to-win factors of the revenue model were asked by players (in a thread you started), many by me, personally, and they were all addressed by the devs.  I'm reasonably satisfied that the model isn't pay-to-win. If you'd read your own thread, you'd see the same questions and responses I did.

~Ripper

Originally posted by Arezon

Originally posted by B1mble

Honestly, if the DEVs can't be bothered to post some pics of the new models then I can't be bothered to download the game and try it.

...and yet, here you are.

Fact is, the models were discussed in the blog link that I posted. Maybe you missed it. They're like, pictures, of characters. Brightly colored and everything. Mentioned them again, in another blog post from the same link.

They are mentioned in the newsletter, but no images are embedded in it.

Since the newsletter goes out to subscribers, I think that the very mention of something that was frequently requested and more than a year in the making, means that anyone who cared, would simply load the game and update it.

Anyway, the pictures don't do them justice. They have to be seen in-game in order to full appreciate how much of a difference they make, compared to the previous versions that were in the game.

That notion is false. But if you had actually played the game, you'd know that.

Seriously...I searched the dev blog and found no links with screenshots.There were links to certain pages of Alganon Forum.Is it too hard to just post a direct link to some screenies?

p.s. I also got the monthly update e-mail and there was NO screenshot of the new models nor any links.

Seriously...I searched the dev blog and found no links with screenshots.There were links to certain pages of Alganon Forum.Is it too hard to just post a direct link to some screenies?

p.s. I also got the monthly update e-mail and there was NO screenshot of the new models nor any links.

uhm, wait, wot!?!? If you go to the first link in my previous post, half-way down, in the middle of the page are the shots.

Weird that you're not seeing them.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Ok, I see the human models and how they improved, but what about the other playable race's models?  What about mob NPC models?  I don't see any pics of them in the blog.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?