Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is Real Love?

nessedsnesseds Member Posts: 31

If any one word is more misused and misunderstood today it is the word LOVE. There are more marriage ceremonies performed with couples who do not love each other than there are that do. Lives are wrecked because of a wrong understanding of love. image

This link may help you what's the meaning of Real Love: http://www.brandonweb.com/gbt/sermonpages/john11.htm

Comments

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

love is such a over used term these days.

this is a real story.

One of my EX's sister is the most screwed up person ill ever meet.

i was giving them both a ride(their twins) and My ex's sister is engaged to a boyfriend at the lower end of the state about 6 hours drive away(they dont see each other much). So she started talking about how this whole summer was her bachlorette party and she could have fukbuddies(her words not mine).

mind you she doesnt think having Fukbuddies constitutes cheating.

but she is so relationshiply screwed up, i avoid her as if she carried AIDS as a air spread virus.

im scared of women like that who use men and have no morals.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253
    Does she need any new buddies ?image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• rbh1138rbh1138 Member Posts: 13

You never know you have "Real Love" until you lose it.  I'm so jaded, but anyway I was with this one chick and we were friends at first then we just hooked up and I started to enjoy everything alot more, it's like drugs but free, anyway I would have done anything for her but shit happens and we parted and I still think about her from time to time, if it wasn't real love I wouldn't have even remebered her name or anything well maybe her name but you move on alot faster when it's not real love. My friends had to fucking get me out of the house for me to even try hanging out with other women after her. I can still remeber the way she would smile at me in the mourning and the way her hair would smell after she got out of the shower. We weren't married or anything, But I would have to say marriage isn't for everyone.

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

Originally posted by Vampyr

LOL, you must be kidding me right ? It's high time if you ask me ;). Kidding ! Seriously though, I see no problem with sexual freedom, so long as both partners know the true extent and nature of the relationship and in turn be decent and safe to and for each other. Anything other then that is really sleezy but you have to admit, men and women have been doing this to each other for years and years, it's nothing new.

As for love, IMO it's a highly relative term. My idea of love may or may match with that of my boyfriend for example, but thats when caring for the other person comes into play is that your willing to attempt  to definine our feeling between each other. Love is just a word we try to throw at an emotion, nothing more.  

On the other hand, real love is when your boyfriend crawls into bed after having played a full sunday of football without taking a shower and you think... hmmm not all bad..

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

this is a real story.
    i was giving them both a ride(their twins) and My ex's sister is engaged to a boyfriend at the lower end of the state about 6 hours drive away(they dont see each other much). So she started talking about how this whole summer was her bachlorette party and she could have fukbuddies(her words not mine).
    but she is so relationshiply screwed up, i avoid her as if she carried AIDS as a air spread virus.

Is there anything right with you? I mean, you are the most negative and cynical person I have ever met on these boards.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• AxalaAxala Member Posts: 65

Love is so hard to pin down because just about noone knows the definition of love. Oh you think you do and you try to characterize this emotion various ways, and noone can really agree. And of course that is the problem. Love is not an emotion. Never has been. We use the term to describe a set of various emotions we feel and so people get confused. Love is simply an intense personal relationship characterized by compassion, joy, and overall good will; although many other emotions slip into that relationship.

One would think that the opposite of love is hate. This is also not true and causes many a confused mind. Hate is an intense personal relationship characterized by strong emotions (sound familiar) but with overall ill will. That is why we find many love-hate relationships because at times we wish them well and at other times we wish they'd step in front of a bus. The opposite of both of these is indifference; the total lack of emotion toward someone or something.

Now that love has been properly defined maybe some closer can be had in your lives. Oh and by the way; the topic "What is Real Love?" is soooooo gay, especially to bring up on site like this.image

• VercadesVercades Member Posts: 1,065

Immoral acts of people only give love a bad name.  God forgave us but, it doesn't mean you shouldn't be ashamed of the things you did wrong. 

Marriage is real love, only thing that makes me wonder is how do people still make it past marriage and still don't realize the entirity of the ceremony..

Untill then, I'll just wallow in self misery and study my way out rather then ask a few friends to take me out and oogle the first girl I see that's hot.

• GungerFangGungerFang Member Posts: 68

True love is simply a chemical reaction within your brain triggering a response and emotional feelings

• CactusmanXCactusmanX Member Posts: 2,218

the phrasing on all those points on the web site are kind of hard to read ( in a grammatical sense )

Don't you worry little buddy. You're dealing with a man of honor. However, honor requires a higher percentage of profit

• StupidFoxStupidFox Member Posts: 9

Love is feeling more comfortable with someone than you do with your family.
    At least, that's the way I see it...

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    My parrents is real love. Not only that my family is real love, it even comes down to my dog and my cat.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by Kiamde

Is there anything right with you? I mean, you are the most negative and cynical person I have ever met on these boards.

. . . pointing finger huh...  I want my TRIX man..

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• grimweepergrimweeper Member Posts: 2,047

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

. . . pointing finger huh...  I want my TRIX man..

hahahahahahahahaha you are funny funny Rikimaru_X         -           man i really wish i was serious

anyway to be on topic   love hurts and its what usually causes people to commit suicide becouse they just broke up or couses people to go into depression.

this is a real story.

yes i eat healthy and work out, other then that im totally nuts.

but a healthy amount of insanity in Society is required. And i am that healthy amount.

anyway most the people i know are worse(or less sucessful at not getting caught).

insanity+genius=me

otherwise i would have been locked in a room with rubber walls long ago.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• arealregjoearealregjoe Member Posts: 15

I LOVE this thread! ;)

• BlurrBlurr Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

Love is sleeping on the wet spot..

No seriously, lol, anyways. It's been proven that the chemical Oxytocin is responsible for making you feel like you're in love. When girls have sex they produce this chemical in abundance, make your own assumptions about that.

Philosophically? Love is when you feel like jumping into someone for the person, and you don't care what happens because you can be with them.

Or something.

"Because it's easier to nitpick something than to be constructive." -roach5000

• GoldenblackGoldenblack Member Posts: 38

There are two loves: there is false love and true Love.

False love is mixed in with fear, with jealousy, with judgement/anger/hatred, with disdain. False love blames and hates the other person for their imperfections that cause you to choose to stop loving them for a while, subcionsciously. False love is about gratifying one's neediness, about demanding what you want from the other person, about owning the other person, and thrashing them if they ever indicate that they are not -your- possession.

True Love is unconditional. True Love recognizes that within each, growing, evolving person there are threads of pure strength, pure beauty, pure diverse interesting-ness, etc. True Love has loving compassion for all people who suffer in the human condition. True Love does not limit love merely to one's sexual romantic partner, nor merely to one's family, but spreads it to all of one's neighbours, and even to all of one's enemies. In that, there is sacredness, and divinity, and truth.

True Love cannot exist concurrently with fear or anger. Thus, one must deal with one's issues and fears, and undo them before Love can blossom permanently and transform all of life into a sacred heaven-on-earth. The Masters of True Love can maintain heavenly feelings even in the worst of circumstances--they have transcended pain, and the human condition.

It is said also that when armageddon comes (which should be within the next ten years, culminating at 2012), that whether one is Loving or fearful will be the difference between those who get to experience heaven on earth, and those who will miss out on that.

The mystics know that unconditional Love is the key to awakening psychic abilities, increasing one's capability to sculpt the future of reality with one's thoughts, and to mental communication with God and the heavenly host.

-Golden

wait wait wait what about pyschic abilities.....

so i have to be flippin mother teresa to get mind powers that totally blows.....

i also will call you out on the fact that i dont think anyone can ever permanently resolve things like anger. sure you can resolve it on one particular subject or such, but you can never resolve them.

and who said the world is going to end in 2012????? i didnt get that memo but i would like to know for tax purposes.....

and if what you are saying about true love MAYBE 1/1000 have true love........

i sure as hell will never, and i can overcome there pyschic powers with lots and lots of ammunition.......

• fortunefaderfortunefader Member Posts: 51

What is Real Love? Its a song by John Lennon and the Beatles.Check out the Beatles Anthology 2 disc 1 of the Anthology audio set.

I know what you mean.I just can't help butting in coz i really love that song.