Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Earthrise: Outlining the Future

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Masthead Studios has released information about upcoming development plans for Earthrise. The team has an aggressive scheduled ahead for the game through April and May. Planned improvements to the game include quest hints, resurrection mechanics, item and vehicle painting and more.

New features for integration in April and May of 2011 include:

• Resurrection mechanics – The first feature chosen in February by the Earthrise community as part of the “Choose your game feature” official forum.

• Quest hints on the minimap – Players will have a clear indicator on the minimap as to where they need to go to work on their quest task.

• Parties will share battle points, levels of contribution and karma from a killed enemy.

• Item and vehicle painting – Crafters will be able to produce paint and sell/give it to other players so they can personalize their armor, weapons and vehicles.

• Guild diplomacy – Guilds will be able to declare war on other guilds and build allies. Guilds at war with each other will be flagged red and the affiliation of their members will not change if they kill each other. Guilds that are allies with other guilds will be considered one entity and all mechanics will work as if they were one guild.

Read more about the game here.

Source: Email press release

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• D_TOXD_TOX Member UncommonPosts: 269

All too late.

• DrDreamDrDream Member UncommonPosts: 237

Originally posted by D_TOX

All too late.

far from it. you shouldnt condem a game just cause it has a rocky start.

• lagerchobglagerchobg Member UncommonPosts: 203

Originally posted by DrDream

All too late.

Agreed but...quest indicator in so called sandbox game?!?! Wtf is that a theme park or what?...it made me laugh so hard.

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683

So they have player vehicles now? And I cant give this game another try until they make weapons sound like weapons, and the projectiles and graphic from weapons look better. Worst part of the game in my opinion, the really bad weapon sounds and animations.

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• lagerchobglagerchobg Member UncommonPosts: 203

You can solve the problem with the sound by disabling it ;) but the animation is something else. It will take em months of coding to solve those problems and so far I've seen no major changes at all. Does anyone know if they solved the problems with the de-sync?

• WarzodWarzod Member RarePosts: 495

Originally posted by lagerchobg

All too late.

Agreed but...quest indicator in so called sandbox game?!?! Wtf is that a theme park or what?...it made me laugh so hard.

SWG - Sandbox (Quest Indicators), EvE Online - Ultimate Sandbox (Quest Indicators) Give it up. As I said before, this is supposed to be a military game... when was the last time a soldier's superior officer told his troops to take a hill and then gave absolutely ZERO indication 'which' hill? Quest indicators are not only a good addition, they just make sense.

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

All too late.

Whether we should or shouldnt dosent matter. MMO's in almost all curcumstances only get 1 shot and its release. There's prenty of good games (Vanguard etc) that had a bad launch but are now good games but it dosent matter they are dead.

Developers need to learn that they must release a polished product. It's better for everyone.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112

All too late.

If you say that I suppose the game has pop < 100

• WepdesignWepdesign Member Posts: 31

All too late.

Thats the problem with new mmo games. The Devs r so naivs that they think the players will stick to a game that doesnt deliver at launch. Ppl will move on why because u'll have new mmo releases all the time (GW2, SWTOR, Warhammer, PS ect.).  What ER should have done was to have a polished game at launch. What I've seen in the forums the game is dead with a low population. I followed this game since 2008. When I saw the beta footage of that horrible gameplay I knew this game would fail and I saved my money to buy a better upcoming mmo.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Originally posted by Wepdesign

All too late.

Thats the problem with new mmo games. The Devs r so naivs that they think the players will stick to a game that doesnt deliver at launch. Ppl will move on why because u'll have new mmo releases all the time (GW2, SWTOR, Warhammer, PS ect.).  What ER should have done was to have a polished game at launch. What I've seen in the forums the game is dead with a low population. I followed this game since 2008. When I saw the beta footage of that horrible gameplay I knew this game would fail and I saved my money to buy a better upcoming mmo.

This. I thought over the past years people would have stopped being so naive and opened their eyes by now.

With the current very very competitive market and economy... you get one shot! One shot! And that's it!

You either deliver at launch........ or you're history!  It's that simple.

We are not in 1999 anymore... nor 2003... with just few MMO's to choose from.

This game launched in basically a pre-alpha state... absolutely a horrible fail! Just like Mortal Online.  They're history! Over and done!

• SandonasSandonas Member Posts: 5

So I just came across this game so should I get it or not?

• describabledescribable Member UncommonPosts: 407

the only way they could save the game, is to create a patch with more changes than this... offer 14 free days. And then give you the chance to buy the game at a discount price with 30 days free.

if you enjoy the new stuff, you'll stick with it.. you don;t... you don't.....

it's the only way.

"nothing actually matters, we're just slightly evolved monkeys clinging to a dying piece of rock hurtling through space waiting for our eventual death." - Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week

• TheBlackSwanTheBlackSwan Member Posts: 14

This game was a utter disappointment, I am thoroughly disgusted with the company for selling this unfinished product and not labeling it as a paid beta. In its current state the game is near unplayable. Biggest waste of $50.

First of all this is not a sandbox game. I guess its preference as far as the term goes because everyone seems to have their own opinion as to what a sandbox is but there’s one key similarity to all of them and that’s content. The game in its current state has no content, there’s two things you can do at the moment and its killing stuff.