Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HELP: international WoW paper to write... PLEASE POST.

so i'm writing a final research paper for my freshman year of college about world of warcraft. i'm just looking for a couple legitimate responses from either 1) americans (southern california residents would be best) or 2) asutralians because the paper has to connect so-cal entertainment to that of another country (but any contribution from a player from any country is appreciated). please let me know where you are basically from, and something about how wow has influenced your life--gaming, marriage, job, school, ***international relations/interactions (with aus. & usa)*** or whatever--whether it be positive or negative and the more specific the better. any information will be helpful so please post your opinions/experiences. if you feel uncomfortable about saying anything via the forums, please e-mail me at [email protected] asap. for those who will post any personal information on the forums, here is some collateral i guess: i'm a 19 year old college student at uc irvine in california. i've had wow for a couple months and my grades have been declining since (help me do well here and post something). i think this game has set a standard in some senses for many games to come and to some extent requires player cooperation for success (5-40 people raid groups). oh, and my girlfriend hates me everytime she hears the log in music. thanks for your help.

Comments

• kernalkernal Member Posts: 106
    hey sweet an interbiew image cheers m8 ill help you :D so ok well my name is Kirill Yablokov i have lived in america for sometime now like almost 10 years but i am a pure russsian :D and proud of it :D anyways i play WoW and love every moment of it :D why? ill tell you why  ( ohh i have 2 characters lvls 30 and 24 :D ) ok so WoW is a game of fantasy and imagination, were people can come together become freinds or enemys >.< i my self try to make freinds :D atm anways well i do admit that WoW is an addicting game in the sense that it is a place were one can escape the real world and hang out somewere on his own think about things and just have fun from reality :D tho id does impact people lifes in sence of people can get addicted so much so that they will stop working, loan money, loose there wife/girlfreinds, real freinds, and do bad in school, or fail college or what not. and get fat, anways for me i did get addicted the first 2 weeks i played 12 hours a day >.< lol my grades started droping and my normal life when to nothing :P so i thought hey if i keep up like these i will be a no one so i froze my account and trying to finish school at the moment :D then i will unfreaze it and im back into the game tho now i have the expireince of self control, i will have to work and things like that, i will play the game but i will also realize that i live in the real world and no matter how much i would like to live in wow hahah i cant so i have to control my self on how much i play and how seriesly i take this game. ( i wont let it take over my life) but yeah thats my opinion and thought. hehe watching lord of the rings and playing WoW i think thats an addict talking image cheers m8 hope this helps a bit image
  • crazykseccocrazyksecco Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by kernal
    hey sweet an interbiew image cheers m8 ill help you :D so ok well my name is Kirill Yablokov i have lived in america for sometime now like almost 10 years but i am a pure russsian :D and proud of it :D anyways i play WoW and love every moment of it :D why? ill tell you why  ( ohh i have 2 characters lvls 30 and 24 :D ) ok so WoW is a game of fantasy and imagination, were people can come together become freinds or enemys >.< i my self try to make freinds :D atm anways well i do admit that WoW is an addicting game in the sense that it is a place were one can escape the real world and hang out somewere on his own think about things and just have fun from reality :D tho id does impact people lifes in sence of people can get addicted so much so that they will stop working, loan money, loose there wife/girlfreinds, real freinds, and do bad in school, or fail college or what not. and get fat, anways for me i did get addicted the first 2 weeks i played 12 hours a day >.< lol my grades started droping and my normal life when to nothing :P so i thought hey if i keep up like these i will be a no one so i froze my account and trying to finish school at the moment :D then i will unfreaze it and im back into the game tho now i have the expireince of self control, i will have to work and things like that, i will play the game but i will also realize that i live in the real world and no matter how much i would like to live in wow hahah i cant so i have to control my self on how much i play and how seriesly i take this game. ( i wont let it take over my life) but yeah thats my opinion and thought. hehe watching lord of the rings and playing WoW i think thats an addict talking image cheers m8 hope this helps a bit image

thanks dude, i appreciate it... that did help. btw, i play on spirestone and gurbashi. my mains on each server are concussion (allicance) and overpowered (horde) respectively. let me know when you unfreeze that account if you need any help, haha.

do u play on the usa servers?

• crazykseccocrazyksecco Member Posts: 3
    yes, so that might be as issue... but, gl with your characters anways. image

well i play on USA survers too since i live in the USA :P but i play on Dragonblight surver :D was thinking of starting a new char on some other surver :D might come and visit you hahaha

give me your ingame name ill msg you if ill start a new char on of the survers :P

• JadiaJadia Member Posts: 62
    Do you need more folks to respond?
  • webBear1000webBear1000 Member Posts: 301

I was gonna read that but you posted it in dark blue.

Muppet!

----------------------------------
    Don't jump off the roof Dad
    You'll make a hole in the yard
    ----------------------------------