Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord of the Rings Online: 1-30 Leveling Guide: The Road to Evendim

Interested in picking up Lord of the Rings Online, but getting frustrated with the low-level grind? Kyle Horner over at the official Community site for LotRO has published a Leveling Guide for just such players! Check it out.

The newest update for The Lord of the Rings Online™ brings sweeping improvements to Evendim, a level 30-40 area within the game, which is great! However, for the many players who are still progressing through LOTRO's first 30 levels, reaching Evendim may feel like a daunting task.

This guide is here to help: Below you'll find tips for questing, and a breakdown of the various quest hubs scattered throughout Bree-land, the Lone-lands, and North Downs – eventually leading you to the newly revamped Evendim area!

Read the whole thing here.

Comments

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

nice guide, but not rlly focussed on the F2P people i would think , not that i am one of those ofc.

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • Oy-jordOy-jord Member UncommonPosts: 44

You can get to 30 in LOTRO in just a few days.  There's really no need for a guide for it.  And the new Evendim content (which I just finished) really does help a lot in getting towards 40.

A guide for 40-65 is MUCH more warranted.  Let's see it!

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

I'm glad any guides are being done for new players. You would be surprised how many gamers really have no idea at all the skills, virtues, and deeds they can be using. I love the new revamped Evendim region. It is 100% better and best of all, no more 'ever-swim'. I also got my new character to kindred status there a lot more easily than before.

• MysticumMysticum Member UncommonPosts: 53

I'm sorry, leveling grind? What? There are about three times as many quests available than you need to go from 1 to 30, and you're force-fed directions to them all. There is no grind. This "guide" is completely pointless. Very weird that they'd make something like this.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

Why is it pointless?  Maybe for people like you who already playing for years and don't bother enjoying the low level content and just powerlevel.

For a new(er) player this is an excellent guide!

If you don't like it, don't read it! And above all, don't bother replying!

Jer

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

great guide. I would say that now that this guide is here, there's one that is very much needed for 40-65 and there is a higher need for legendary items and how they work. It took me thirty searches online and chatting in global chat to find out that i needed to deconstruct a level 31 legendary in order to receive a scroll to switch one of the legacies i had on the legendary i was already using. seriously lacking information on this game. 

• IadienIadien Member UncommonPosts: 638

I just started playing and the guide really isn't needed, Quest hubs are all over and players are pointed to most (if not all) of them.

I didn't play Evendim before the revamp, but it is great after.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

The guide is pointless and if you were already at max level it does nothing for you, this also showing were turbine is aiming at nowadays.

And for those who asked why they wrote this guide it is quite simple. In with the new out with the old.  Net even trying to keep those at max level in game now.

This guide was for the f2p crowd,  to bad it took this many years to write one since that zone been in game for 3.5 years, even though its been reworked.

• MysticumMysticum Member UncommonPosts: 53

Originally posted by JeroKane

Why is it pointless?  Maybe for people like you who already playing for years and don't bother enjoying the low level content and just powerlevel.

For a new(er) player this is an excellent guide!

If you don't like it, don't read it! And above all, don't bother replying!

Jer

New players should want to explore, and in doing so they will find all the quests they could possibly want. I don't powerlevel at all. What on earth made you think so?

• KyllsynKyllsyn Member UncommonPosts: 110

Great guide. Turbine and Sony and really coming along well.

all derp'd out and nowhere to herpaderp.
  • Pro-PainPro-Pain Member Posts: 141

i was a new player just a few months ago and i never had a problem finding quests or content, if anything the game holds your hand too much when it comes to that aspect.  but then again i'm smarter than the average bear (not really)

the struggle to free myself from restraints becomes my very shackles

• crazynannycrazynanny Member Posts: 173

I agree that guide for doing quests is useless. Valid in game tutorial which LOTRO already has explains all basics and NPCs/quest tracker grab Your hand and guide You. If it's still too hard then maybe start with learning how to click mouse and type with keyboard.

Also revamp is too big word on what Turbine does at least compared with what WoW did in Cataclysm, adjust would be better word. Still same quests, same NPCs just more conviniently placed and some quest went thru soloization/level adjustment(making group quests soloable). Don't get me wrong changes to old content is needed and really helpful for all new players, I just don't get the hype and "300 new quests!" ad-like statemants.