Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Out of Games?

rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

I just recently bought a good computer so i could play the recent MMORPG's. Unfortunatley, the game i bought for it was SWG, although i haven't payed monthly yet so im deciding to quit. (i have many reasons why that game isn't good but i don't want to bore you). So now that i'm out of games, could anyone suggest some?

I'm looking for an MMORPG with the following..

1.Good graphics

2.Interesting quests

3.You gain levels, not skills *cough* SWG *cough*

4. Fantasy(not sci-fi image)

5. An interesting and detailed World

Do any MMORPG's come close to that?The only one SWG qualifies under is #1

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server

Comments

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
    Please someone reply or i have to play star wars to eat away my time image.

• elementwarzelementwarz Member Posts: 4
    dark age of camalot, meets most of those,  the leveling system i think rules but my personal opinion, i am waitng for WoW. i play DaoC and CS but counter strike is not what your looking for, battle field 1942 is good also

I've played counter-strike for 3 months it's fun....for a FPS but those games get boring too quick. I kept thinking getting DAoC but it's been out for quite some time, and i always like being one of the best image. But i guess i have no choice since the newest one out is SWG, and i'd rather play DAoC i guess. Does it have any free trials without paying money? I already blew most of my cash on SWG i don't want to waste any more.

• FeneantFeneant Member Posts: 24

You can try Everquest, it has rather poor graphics but hell, with Kunark, Luclin, Velious, Yeksha, Lost Dungeon, Planes of Power, the game has content up the wazoo, thousands of items, hundreds of quests, near half a million players....

If you try it though, make sure to play on the newest server, those tend to be less ruined than the old ones.

Feneant
    20 something paladin
    30 something weaponsmith

• ClownClown Member Posts: 71
    DAoC has been my main mmorpg for 2 years, it has all of those things you mentioned, the quests can be rather in depth in the later levels. i continue to find myself getting increasingly bored with it though ... just playing it until i can get my hands on lineage2 i guess ...

• BentoBento Member Posts: 43
    daoc is decent but lineage 2 wow image

• odinwiseodinwise Member Posts: 79

I just uninstalled Dark Age...I'm pretty sick of it...the game lacks high level content.

Pune!

• ClownClown Member Posts: 71

I know exactly what you mean, i canceled my account about 48 hours ago.

but the major problem still remains, what the hell am i going to play until lineage2 is out image

i've just signed up for the beta test for dragon empires, it says it's already in beta im just trying to figure out how i download it or whatnot. (everquest has too many expansions i'd have to buy)

• DraconusDraconus Freeworld AdminMember Posts: 781
    i liked DAoC for like 3 months...then it got old

• jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

Originally posted by Draconus
    i liked DAoC for like 3 months...then it got oldimage

You bumped this thread from over a year ago.

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Ya holy crap i was like wtf when i saw this. Mainly because everyone was magically suggesting games other than WoW and EQ2... wow that was wierd

Originally posted by jimothypetro

You bumped this thread from over a year ago.

lol.....yeah..was looking at a bunch of old stuff :)

ahhh...the memories

• AdrealAdreal Member Posts: 2,087
    I was thinking about going back to UO, but I'd have to do some research into the deal with the free servers and how to connect to one. No money, of course.image

"Put your foot where your mouth is." - Wisdom from my grandfather
    "Paper or plastic? ... because I'm afraid I'll have to suffocate you unless you put this bag on your head..." - Ethnitrek
    AC1: Wierding from Harvestgain

Originally posted by Adreal
    I was thinking about going back to UO, but I'd have to do some research into the deal with the free servers and how to connect to one. No money, of course.image

there are alot of Free UO servers out there......i have played on a few nice opnes...and with the 30 day free UO trial you can download the game for nothing :)

i was reading over all the old posts....becuase it for one am sick of all the EQ@ and WoW posts :)

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Hello Mods?  Oh where oh where are the Mods?  Where oh where are they?  Please mods, lock this ancient thread and let it die with dignity!

--------------------------------------------

33.333333333333336% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

Killer 100%
    Achiever 53%
    Explorer 33%
    Socializer 13%

--------------------------------------------

• brian72282brian72282 Member UncommonPosts: 783

Originally posted by rathma
    i've just signed up for the beta test for dragon empires, it says it's already in beta im just trying to figure out how i download it or whatnot. (everquest has too many expansions i'd have to buy)

Umm Dragon Empires is dead man. Died months ago.

SOE makes decent games that appeal to nerds. Their customer service is run by jocks who bully nerds. Wonder why SOE sucks so bad...

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Havent you been payign attention to what other people have just said? this thread is over a year old.

• noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274

Lol what an old thread...when i first starting reading it , i was like wtf...??? But then i looked at the date...heh

Originally posted by nooblet

Lol what an old thread...when i first starting reading it , i was like wtf...??? But then i looked at the date...heh

i think i have awoken a sleeping giant :) lol..this is too funny!

• Loco-vedaLoco-veda Member Posts: 117

errrrrrrrrr i like tha kickin FFXI yo that game got some pimp on it fa real