Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tribes Universe: Concept Art Shows Off Blood Eagle

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Hi-Rez Studios has released a pair of concept art shots featuring the Blood Eagle from Tribes Ascend. The art release was to celebrate two major Facebook milestones today with over 2,500 "likes" on the page. Check these out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Awesome.  Thanks for the post.  Looking pretty good, I really hope Hi-Rez can do the Tribes games justice. 

• SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286

Figures... looks just like Global Agenda.

• MNZebaMNZeba Member Posts: 254

Woooo! Blood Eagle! I played Blood Eagle all the time in Tribes 2. I cannot wait for this game.

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914

Originally posted by Asamighost

Sure.... or, you know.. like an new version of the actual faction.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

• Deathwing980Deathwing980 Member UncommonPosts: 80

Originally posted by Asamighost

Uhh.. right.. ok, sure lets say that when you happen to see the original designs which were the same but with a slight color variation... least these guys are adding touches to the armor that actually make the name Blood Eagle make sense (look at the helmets, have eagle features, even the armor and jetpacks have eagle traits)

that aside, awesome concept artwork for the eagles... looking forward to seeing some more concepts and possibly some Assault / Heavy class concepts (unless thats the heavy there... on the top)

• guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350

yawn   same globalagenda textures....congrats.

It..Burns..

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112

Tribes were around before GA even surfaced in someones mind as a concept. Apart of that, I am waiting for something substancial in terms of news.

• Lunny08Lunny08 Member Posts: 120

Originally posted by guy232

yawn   same globalagenda textures....congrats.

This is concept art not a finished 3D model, there are no textures applied.

• NameWasTakenNameWasTaken Member Posts: 132

If this game ends up as Global Agenda with multi-use vehicles, bases and deployable devices... then I'll be happy. I quite liked Global Agenda.

• hebzsterhebzster Member Posts: 16

Wow, I'm astounded by the sheer stupidity of some of the people that use this website:

'yawn   same globalagenda textures....congrats.'

Really?

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

Boy I miss Tribes. I hope they do the franchise right.

• LeoghanLeoghan Member Posts: 607

Not really being a tribes follower, I came in here expecting something more like this kind of blood eagle.

• CopenhagenCopenhagen Member UncommonPosts: 57

It would be hard to distinguish the differnce between these two types of concept art.  I mean one could say that they used the art from Tribes in Global Agenda.  Or, one could say they used the art from Global Agenda, for this.

Six of one half a dozen of the other.    Truth is, all this art always looks the same.  I mean how many different types of Furture, robot-looking, exo-suit concepts can you have?  They all pretty much look the same to me.  Slightly different, but pretty much the same look in general. 

I liked never played Tribes.  I had a buddy that did, he seemed to like it pretty good.   I Played Global Agenda though, it was alright, I liked it.   However, Global Agenda's game play was the same as TF2.   All these First Person Shooters don't make me feel like I'm actually in a conflict.  Most FPS games make me feel like I'm on a 10 man team trying to be the one with the most kills at the end of the game. (Death Match, King of the hill, Capture the flag).

I'd love to see more games like Planet Side come out.   Where you feel like you are actually part of a huge freaking war.  Battles are so intense that you are not sure what you need to be doing.  And the "Game" is never over.  Planet Side is the Only MMOFPS that has captured the art of something other than a 10 vs 10 "Match".

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

Originally posted by Copenhagen

It would be hard to distinguish the differnce between these two types of concept art.  I mean one could say that they used the art from Tribes in Global Agenda.  Or, one could say they used the art from Global Agenda, for this.

Six of one half a dozen of the other.    Truth is, all this art always looks the same.  I mean how many different types of Furture, robot-looking, exo-suit concepts can you have?  They all pretty much look the same to me.  Slightly different, but pretty much the same look in general. 

I liked never played Tribes.  I had a buddy that did, he seemed to like it pretty good.   I Played Global Agenda though, it was alright, I liked it.   However, Global Agenda's game play was the same as TF2.   All these First Person Shooters don't make me feel like I'm actually in a conflict.  Most FPS games make me feel like I'm on a 10 man team trying to be the one with the most kills at the end of the game. (Death Match, King of the hill, Capture the flag).

I'd love to see more games like Planet Side come out.   Where you feel like you are actually part of a huge freaking war.  Battles are so intense that you are not sure what you need to be doing.  And the "Game" is never over.  Planet Side is the Only MMOFPS that has captured the art of something other than a 10 vs 10 "Match".

I agree with you on the art. It looks at least similar. But Global Agenda plays like TF2? Whut?!

• ArchistaArchista Member Posts: 2

Guys... How can you say they are "copying" Global Agenda when Global Agenda blatantly got all it's ideas from Tribes in the first place. Let me remind you Tribes has been around since 1998!

Anyway, that aside, I don't think i'm a big fan of these power ranger features in the armor. A helmet looking like it's got an eagle beak... WTF. Come on we aren't all 14 year old gamers!