Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you staying past the free month ?

Comments

• grunt187grunt187 Member CommonPosts: 956

voted yes and bought 3 month founders sub, i so like this game. image

The following statement is false
    The previous statement is true

• DokemDokem Member UncommonPosts: 18

I will stay at least 3 months and then see. I'm not into the Star Wars universe, but I'm interested in what GW2 has to offer. I also will keep my WoW sub active.

• ArdasnailsArdasnails Member UncommonPosts: 13

Yes. Rift is good game if you enjoyed Vanilla wow then i recommend it. Most people will be staying on. Well at least on my server. I'm in a large guild and i would sya 99% are happy with the game. At the end of the day this game costs $50 i would spend 3 times that on a night out... so unless your jobless or your incredibly tight with your money troll more...

• PossimpPossimp Member Posts: 19

Yes I will stay past the first month.

I absolutely love the game, it is perfect for a casual player.

I am now level 36 and I've played since the pre-launch.

The game is very divers and my class (mage) is very fun to play.

I always play mage in games like these, and it's the first time that I've got the ability to heal. It's fun to do from time to time (in dungeons).

People are very social in game, there are no flame wars, people are helpfull, and the world-pvp is fun on my shard.

Whoever is thinking about buying the game, definately do so! I played WOW for a few years, tried some other MMO's but always quit within 3-5 days because the curve wasn't fun enough. Trust me: Rift will keep you entertained. Do not rush to 50, take it slow, help other people, plenty of new people to learn to know!

Greets,

Sorcerer from the shard Imperium (PVP) :)

• ormstungaormstunga Member Posts: 736

No.

I played a few betas and pre-launch. I'd say its a nice mix of WoW and WAR, I like the graphics of Rift better then WoWs, but I did like the looks of WAR better. The armors, the classes etc. But looks isnt a huge deal for me either, gameplay is. It plays like WoW with the best bits of WAR added and the junky crap left out. But thats part of the problem for me, I played WoW and WAR for the last 6 years and just dont want to get stuck in that again. Also PvP feels abit slow and clunky, altho the versatility of the soul system is quite nice. Some positives some negatives, not enough to keep me hooked and it was always gonna be an in the meanwhile game for me anyways waiting for SWtor. I have 3 RL friends playing Rift, they will be staying at least until SWtor =)

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724

Best mmorpg to date it is, imo so i stay for at least another 3 months....

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I also got the 3 month founders deal. I'm still playing the game many hours a day. Still having fun.

However, I doubt I'll stay past three months, to be honest. The community just isn't there and with out a good community...

Not much they can do about the community, (although I'm wondering if there might be some creative ways to design an MMO to reward community and sociability, with out forcing grouping). However, I DO fault them for launching with out redundant game zones, racial starting areas and a couple alternate PvE paths to 50 for each faction. Alt replayability is very low for the game, which will drive a lot of people out in one to three months.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

Yes, im on a three month billng package.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by pmaura

Originally posted by Gudrunix

Not staying.

Got bored fast, and hate the graphics.  Vastly prefer WoW's and WAR's graphics to Rift's, and that's saying something.  The very thought of WoW bores me, but every time I try another MMO I remember why I wouldn't really play anything else--but not currently subbed to WoW, enjoying League of Legends at the moment.

Won't somebody please put out a decent MMO that isn't a bug-ridden, cliche-ridden carbon copy of all the others?

this is a 100% troll response, why, becuase its not not bug ridden by any stretch of the imagination, also putting out something that doesnt have cliches in it, means you put out nothing, because everthing has been done

Agreed. Wow actually had more bugs in at release. And Wow do have some cliches in as well, and have a lot of similarities with older games. So the arguments beside the art thing aren't exactly rock solid.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Originally posted by coldandnumb

I voted yes I bought a 3 month sub but I doubt that I'll be staying past it when that's up. At the casual pace that I play I figure it will take me like 1 to 2 months to get my current level 24 main up to level 50 by which point I'll most likely be bored enough with the game or disgusted enough at the community to call it quits.

I like the game but there's just something about it that just doesn't "feel" right. I can't really put my finger on what it is though. It seems like a nice ride to level up but I don't see anything in the "endgame" that will keep me playing once I get there.

My thoughts exactly..

• ghaianaghaiana Member UncommonPosts: 106

Staying, 6 month sub. I'll at least level a Defiant and Guardian to 50, but not too fast.   I won't be playing endgame, I never did in any game. By the time there comes an expansion all the tier whatever will be worthless.

• gildarbucgildarbuc Member Posts: 10
    My server is dead already. On a Saturday afternoon there was not anyone doing lvl32 rifts and the warfront ques were 30 minutes long. As other posters have said this is not a pvp game and if nobody is rifting it's not a pve game either
  • strangerdangstrangerdang Member Posts: 233

Im in a toss up on staying or not.

I chose the wrong faction and the wrong class to take to 50.  Meaning (as someone mention riding the zerg wave while it lasts) im on the recieving end of the zerg wave.  Endgame invasions and world events i usually have to sit out, waiting for the spawn camp to end.  Yes i know its a pvp server and all, but a terribly balanced pvp server, such that guardian cant really participate in these events unless defiant let us, which they dont.

PvP is absolutly terrible, unless your the right class, which im not.

I would normally reroll, but joining the easymode zerg side doesnt appeal to me, neither does going though the same exact content on a new character, since theres only one path to 50.

From what endgame pvp is looking like now, its redoing all the old instances in epic, and a few endgame only instances and raids.

All this negativity aside, i am full aware that there is absolutly nothing else out there at the moment.

Guess i could always reroll a defiant champion though.

• Captain231Captain231 Member Posts: 19

I voted yes.. I have my 6 months sub to figure out how the class / soul / proffession all works in the end. I like this game over all that is out currently. my server is packed with players.. My casual play style works well with this game. Enjoying the enviroment and the community. Until  SWtor comes out sometime in the near future Rift will be filling the void.

Only Rugby releases the stress of Life.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Ouch.  If 46% are leaving after the first month, where will that game be in 6 months ?   Not a scientfic poll but over 600 votes that's a good sample.

• XforsakerXXforsakerX Member UncommonPosts: 124

Well im deffinatly staying past the free month, my server is highly populated even in the 40+ area's and our warfronts were at about a 2 minute que, dunno what was up with your server

AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    6142MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
    Antec Gaming Phenom
    Windows Vista™ Home Premium

• SerenesSerenes Member UncommonPosts: 351

Originally posted by Aguitha

Ouch.  If 46% are leaving after the first month, where will that game be in 6 months ?   Not a scientfic poll but over 600 votes that's a good sample.

From a primarly Sandbox support Forum. I think the game will be doing good =] I'd put money alot of people who never bought the game voted No also.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Originally posted by gildarbuc

My server is dead already. On a Saturday afternoon there was not anyone doing lvl32 rifts and the warfront ques were 30 minutes long. As other posters have said this is not a pvp game and if nobody is rifting it's not a pve game either

I have absolutely no idea what server you are on but my server has not dropped even close to that amount. Sure it went from full pop to high pop, but my queues have been at most 6 minutes. Ever. That was at 1 in the morning on a thursday. There isn't always going to be people doing rifts, in every single area. Usually 4 or 5 open up at a time, you have to go find the rift with people doing it, since they tend to group up at one, and go do the others after that.

• XforsakerXXforsakerX Member UncommonPosts: 124

Originally posted by Panther2103

Originally posted by gildarbuc

I have absolutely no idea what server you are on but my server has not dropped even close to that amount. Sure it went from full pop to high pop, but my queues have been at most 6 minutes. Ever. That was at 1 in the morning on a thursday. There isn't always going to be people doing rifts, in every single area. Usually 4 or 5 open up at a time, you have to go find the rift with people doing it, since they tend to group up at one, and go do the others after that.

yeah that's what im thinking my ques arent instant, but they only last about 3-6 minute;s

AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
    6142MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
    Antec Gaming Phenom
    Windows Vista™ Home Premium

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Your poll can't be correct,

If you did not put a " not playing, would like to just see the poll " option will cause everyone to pic yes or no just to see it, even if they are not playing.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

The typical retention rate of a MMORPG lately after the first "free" month is about 60%, so this pool seems quite accurate.

Game which do better (like WoW and LOTRO) are exceptions.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• DarhammDarhamm Member UncommonPosts: 68

Staying? Heck yeah. Dragon Age 2 might eat some gaming time, but I'm certainly sticking with Rift :)

• deryk_Piratederyk_Pirate Member Posts: 6
    Rift is different. I like the crafting and the classes to a point. They upped the amount of rifts/invasions the final weekend of the last beta...I thought it was a stress test well the game went live and there are constant rifts all over the place. Often times there arent enough people in the area to close all the rifts and if your a solo player or only in a group with another person or 2 good luck gettin the rifts closed and ya die alot. The game quickly lost its fun factor and 12 days later I canceled my subscription. I asked for a refund from trion and they said no you tried it out enough... well everyone kept sayin get higher level so I grinded for the 2 weeks and was worse. The game does have a lot of possibilities but their attitude on a refund was poor... and I choose where I spend my money and it wont be with them.
  • SevenOmaticSevenOmatic Member UncommonPosts: 177

I like to try out different MMOs so im not. Ill stop by from time to time though.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Not really. It didn't have another option, and it is open to manipulation by those who aren't even playing the game. I'd take those numbers with a truck load of salt. In this context, they have very little value.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."