Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

XXXXXXXX is a WoW clone

daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

So like, this game....you play it online, and it's fantasy...and like.....you swing swords and do quests.  There are even magic spells! DuuuuudE! This game is a total WoW clone, cause if it's played online and has you know....stuff, it must have taken it all from WoW!

Ur MoM is a WoW clone.

<cough> sorry, had to get that out of my system.

Comments

• IrishoakIrishoak Member Posts: 633

When is it coming out?

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

I also heard that YYYYYYYY and ZZZZZZZZ are WoW clones as well.image

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

AAAAAAAA looks promising though.

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

lllllllllllll and oooooooooo and gggggggg is a wow clone as well they copyed them cuz there fantasy games just like wow

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Originally posted by Robokapp

o...kay.

let's talk about how game XXXXX provides a different experience than WoW. What makes the player say "I havent felt this way ever" while palying your game?

If nothing...then why does it exist?

Do you think only games that  make you say "I havent felt this way ever" while palying"  have the right to exist ????

U must be kidding...hahahahaha

What about shooters? driving games? RPG? Sport games? Strategy games? C´mon get real dude...

You are getting to a point is hard not to laugh.....

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Well, I saw a cop show on tv once, and then this other cop show came out, I didn't watch it because it was a cop show too, so obviously it was pointless since I'd already seen a cop show.  I mean, some people say this one is funnier, but like, they both have cops, and guns, and they catch bad guys, so I was like....LAME, the first cop show ALREADY caught bad guys, so a few minor differences don't matter.  In fact, I never watch TV or movies cause everything that comes out has been done at least once before in one form or another.

• ErstokErstok Member Posts: 523

Man these graphics are such a knock off of WoW, I mean just look at them. Nothing original about this game at all!

When did you start playing "old school" MMO's. World Of Warcraft?

Originally posted by daelnor

So like, this game....you play it online, and it's fantasy...and like.....you swing swords and do quests.  There are even magic spells! DuuuuudE! This game is a total WoW clone, cause if it's played online and has you know....stuff, it must have taken it all from WoW!

Ur MoM is a WoW clone.

sorry, had to get that out of my system.

If it´s online and it runs on a computer must be a WoW clone dude....take it to the doctor...

fast !!   :D

Originally posted by Erstok

Man these graphics are such a knock off of WoW, I mean just look at them. Nothing original about this game at all!

OMG vanilla Naxxramas total rip-off !!!!!!

• karghastkarghast Member Posts: 20

Question is...will WoW fanboi's call Blizzard's next mmo a wow clone? XD

• wolvie3131wolvie3131 Member UncommonPosts: 196

I can dance on a mailbox to annoy others , must be a WoW clone... =)

• Matt_UKMatt_UK Member Posts: 420

Always makes me laugh when people say 'It's a WoW clone'. Wow ripped off all the elements from EQ and DAoC in the first place. If anything all mmos that followed are clones of those two games.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Originally posted by Matt_UK

Always makes me laugh when people say 'It's a WoW clone'. Wow ripped off all the elements from EQ and DAoC in the first place. If anything all mmos that followed are clones of those two games.

I agree.  But I also find it really annoying.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

To explain

It is true, almost nothing about WOW is new, there certainly were games that incorporated some of the features it contains.

But when building WOW, Blizzard took a look at the known universe of game design features available (lets say hypotheically 100) and decided to include 60 of them in WOW (classes, levels, quest based progression. UI  and discarded the rest. (housing, deep involved crafting, forced grouping, downtimes, skill  based, no levels).

Now the problem is most new MMO's under development start by looking at the feature set selected by WOW (lets call it the "standard theme park design model" in order to not offend) and usually vary from it only by a few degrees.

The sometimes go so far as to copy the exact UI mechanics, or quest markers or auction houses or even graphic styles as WOW and publish what many people refer to as a clone.

It is possible to build an MMORPG to not be a standard theme park mmorpg, but most developers don't (most recently see Rift)

And its not to say that a game has to be a sandbox to be different, it is quite possible to build an alternate model of theme park game (some Korean MMO's are like this) but for the most part Western Developers are stuck on the concept of asking themselves, "what would Blizzard do" when making game design decisions (see recent comments by SWTOR Devs)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

This thread is a clone.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

It's a point of reference, a way to describe one thing that people don't understand or haven't experienced to something they probably have. No need to take it personally.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)