Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Allods Online: Spring Patch Preview & Prius Online

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Recently, MMORPG.com's Drew Wood had the opportunity to visit with the Allods Online team to preview the upcoming spring patch. The patch will bring a lot of new Allods into the game, new features and a level cap increase to 47. Drew also spent time learning a bit about the just-announced Prius Online. Check out Drew's impressions of the Allods Online spring update and what he learned about Prius Online. Let us know your thoughts in the comments.

First and foremost, the patch will be raising the game's level cap from 42 to 47. Luckily, the content is heavily present in the patch as well, making for a smooth (but challenging) rise to the top of the heap. First of all, the patch gives you two entirely new, full-sized zones, each one present with new visuals, including some brand new mob designs and some really intricate and well-thought out motifs. The visuals are more striking then ever, as the team seems to have focused on the impressive graphical capabilities of the free-to-download title.

Read more of Drew Wood's Allods Online: Spring Patch Preview & Prius Online.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• EledEled Member Posts: 12

Never was such a potentually cool game done such a diservace by its publishers.

I trult wanted to like this, I mean steampunk rushian styled spelljammer was an aluring coctail.

Shame they got greedy, over monetised and ruined it. 

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by Eled

I trult wanted to like this, I mean steampunk rushian styled spelljammer was an aluring coctail.

Cool, I'm not the only one thinking Allods was a Spelljammer alike MMO ;-)

And yeah, like you I wanted to play it real bad (for the Spelljammer idea), but for once gPotato really got greedy (the developer actually) and that ruind the game completely for me :-(

• prototypoprototypo Member UncommonPosts: 179

Originally posted by Reizla

Cool, I'm not the only one thinking Allods was a Spelljammer alike MMO ;-)

And yeah, like you I wanted to play it real bad (for the Spelljammer idea), but for once gPotato really got greedy (the developer actually) and that ruind the game completely for me :-(

Astrum Nival is the developer

gPotato is the publisher

• savbasavba Member UncommonPosts: 13

I have fond memories of the Euro CBTs for this game. Everything that came after, I'd rather forget.

George W Bush summed up my lasting sentiments of this game and publishers with his infamous speech  about not "Getting fooled again!" or is it the one about "Coexisting with fish?"  bahh!

• LadyAlibiLadyAlibi Member UncommonPosts: 297

I'd been waiting on a NA/English localization of Prius Online, but I am feeling a little sad that it's going to be a gPotato game. I thought Allods had great potential, and I kind of enjoyed Aika for a bit, but between driving off the player base and failing miserably at keeping the gold spammers at bay, I just feel kind of icky about gPotato right now. ( I HAVE played other f2p games that aren't quite so overrun by spammers, so I know it can be done! Get on it!)

• zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242

Add me to the "Not Going Back" list!

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

gPotato is a joke, their inability to control gold spammers in most of their games along with their incessant greed makes them a must avoid for me.  

Personally I think the current method of funding in the f2p marketplace is more of a fad.  Soaking your high end playerbase just gets old fast, most people realize that after level limits are raised and they have to start all over again.

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

The first ss is simply beautiful.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

...can't wait for Prius to start. Ever since I first learned about it, I was hoping it to be ported to the US/EU. Now I can start playing it at the end of April *Wheee!*

One interesting (or hilarious) feature of the game is it's Bounty system.  It was implemented as a tool to counter-act trolling in the game.  You can report a player, or a guild, to an NPC and at the end of the week, the top ten players with the most reports will start to see Wanted posters of themselves around the game.  The whole server can gun for the players, and you actually get money for killing them.

Bhuhahaha! Marvelous in-game option!

• TheFarseerTheFarseer Member Posts: 97

This. I might go back if they stopped it with the fucking money grabbing.

• uncletomauncletoma Member UncommonPosts: 159

Originally posted by prototypo

gPotato is the publisher

No, niet, nada, nein:

Astrum Nival was rthe first developer, now the game is on mail.ru's hands. Mail.ru is both developer and publisher. gPotato is the game hoster for north america and europe, mail.ru is it for russia (and there are more hoster in philippines, south korea and so on)

• TheTrueKingTheTrueKing Member Posts: 427

Originally posted by uncletoma

Originally posted by prototypo

gPotato is the publisher

No, niet, nada, nein:

Astrum Nival was rthe first developer, now the game is on mail.ru's hands. Mail.ru is both developer and publisher. gPotato is the game hoster for north america and europe, mail.ru is it for russia (and there are more hoster in philippines, south korea and so on)

and you sir are wrong too

Mail.ru is the Developer and Publisher for Russia

Gpotato is the publisher for NA +

and what you refered to as "Hosters" are considered PUBLISHERS

Astrum Nival just did a name change almost all of the original people from Astrum Nival are still the development team just now Mail.ru...

sorry its a hard concept for most people to understand but Dev is the person or company who designed and programs for the game the PUBLISHER is the person who has the rights to run the game and provide it to customers.

Publishers are the individuals who setup the Prices, events and so forth for a game and have no say in content or fixes.

Developers are the individuals who program content fixes bug fixes and so forth.

Unless the two roles are the same company or the publisher is given rights to develop their own leased copy of the original developers game.

Now my comments about ALLODS / Gpotato

I love Allods pre Gipat when it seemed there was Value to the hard earned items you gained in the game.

Now there seems to be no value in the hard work you put into the Astral or Heroics making your time feel pointless and a waste.

Plus combined with the knowledge that Gpotato did everything in its power to lie cheat and deceive their player base puts this Publisher on the DO NOT SUPPORT list...