Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Lord of the Rings Online: Overhauling Evendim

2»

Comments

• black_isleblack_isle IstanbulPosts: 238Member Uncommon

Now i want them to do the same thing to Angmar and we can have a steady road to Moria. I am level 38 with my toon now and gonna wait for this patch to hit. Mid 30s was a struggle to find quests and support my leveling. I had to mix skirmishes and tasks and whatnot. Kudos to Turbine for acting on this.

• seabass2003seabass2003 Medina, WAPosts: 4,144Member

Originally posted by mCalvert

How is it someone has not yet mentioned this zones real name? EVERSWIM! If they would just add a canoe you could ride, this zone would be complete.

They added a boatman. Although it just takes you through a loading screen but at least you don't have to swim it.

To the people complaining about the combat, have you tried the game since the combat revamp? Personally I don't see what you see wrong with the combat. It is near identical to all other mmos that I have ever played. Did you know you could turn of auto-combat to make your skills more responsive?

Oh, well. I'm enjoying the game and that is all that matters. Plenty of people running around doing the same. Nice to see them going back and continuing to revamp things.

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

• JohnnyMotrinJohnnyMotrin Charlotte, NCPosts: 439Member

Evendim may have been the worst zone created in the history of MMO's during Lotro's 1st couple of years.  Let's create a zone where the only land will boarder the map, then we'll put a huge pool in the middle of the map with a couple of islands sprinkled in.  Then we'll force anyone wanting to quest in this zone have to swim from one side of the map all the way to the other.  Let's have them swim for 15 real life minutes so they can talk to an npc who sends them back to the original npc for another 15 minute swim.  We'll have them do this until the player can take any more, then we'll give them a ring for their time.

Now this ring won't be any better than what they should already have, but if this ring is a part of a set, then it'll be far greater than what they have.  Oh and for them to complete the set, we'll send them to 4 other NPC's who'll have them swimming back and forth across the lake for the next 4 - 5 hours of their lives!  Whichever chumps actually dedicated their time to complete the set will then be given a special quest sending them into one of the better dungeons we've created in the entire game.

Yes I exaggerated a little but only to prove a point.  I know they added boats, but only after Evendim's reputation got so bad that it's now virtually a waistland.  Evendim has some very good group quests and a very nice jewelry set, but even with the boats it's virtually impossible to experience because you can't find anyone to do the good stuff with.

Maybe with the new crop of players from f2p, Evendim will become populated again.  I for one would recommend questing in Evendim now that they have boats.  The Tomb of Elendil may be the best dungeon f2p'ers will ever experience in the game.

• itgrowlsitgrowls newport news, VAPosts: 2,951Member

actually i love this game for many reasons. 1 they went free to play. 2 they changed a number of the deeds making most of them easier. 3 they are changing volume 2 very very soon to be ALL soloable content, thats been a big thorn in my side since i first played. 4 they gave us the ability to gain points for store items without having to pay for them. 5 they cleaned the classes i like up so they make more sense do a little more damage. My favorite all time class in this game is LM and since coming back to it this class is fantastic! This is great news for Evindem, my warden is stuck there right now. I would love to see them finish revamping the classes before doing anything with the zones or maybe doing both similtaneously. The warden class could totally get a make over because there are too many minor healing skills that make it very confusing as to which to use and when early on. It's like having a huge number of combos on a warrior all of them practically doing almost the same thing mid level (hes not end game so i have no idea what that is like for wardens).

• mCalvertmCalvert Tallahassee, FLPosts: 1,283Member

Originally posted by seabass2003

Originally posted by mCalvert

How is it someone has not yet mentioned this zones real name? EVERSWIM! If they would just add a canoe you could ride, this zone would be complete.

They added a boatman. Although it just takes you through a loading screen but at least you don't have to swim it.

To the people complaining about the combat, have you tried the game since the combat revamp? Personally I don't see what you see wrong with the combat. It is near identical to all other mmos that I have ever played. Did you know you could turn of auto-combat to make your skills more responsive?

Oh, well. I'm enjoying the game and that is all that matters. Plenty of people running around doing the same. Nice to see them going back and continuing to revamp things.

Well, you can use the boatman unless you first swim across. I think you may also need rep and to complete a quest. Then you need high rep to use it to Annuminas. If it were realistic you could span a canoe and go wherever you want. I dont think Aragorn would swim across in full plate mail.

2»