Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Twitch Based MMO

marks4902marks4902 Member Posts: 133

lately ive been getting older and having less time for playing my mmo's and thinking i really missed the planetside days where i could play for a while and log whenever i needed to .so a few months ago i gave it a shot bc i heard the new one was coming out. then i realised sony was just playing their usual game for more subs. currently im looking for some sort of twitch based mmo wether its in a spaceship or other vehicle or just a fps that is mostly focused around pvp and not so much leveling if there  is anything out there that anyone can recommend it would be greatly appreciated. i just liked the fact that in planetside i could kill someone at max level just as easy as they could kill me at level one. maxing out was just about being more versatile or pretty :)

Comments

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Global Agenda

Fallen Earth

DCUO

All relatively fast to level. Maybe not beating a max level right away, but definitely in a few days, weeks.

Both Fallen Earth and Global agenda are third/first person shooters.

DCUO has sticky and locked targetting and third person (though admittedly a bit wonky) aiming. You can tab, but it is not optimal.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• marks4902marks4902 Member Posts: 133

i guess what im saying is i dont want a game where i have to level its more like it just happens lol 

i dont want to have to sit there and farm for gear or level up to kill something bigger i just want a game foused around team based objectives and pvp .

ive just been so fed up with the wow clones that ive just been playing minecraft for days with my brothers and it seems more enjoyable than half the mmos ive played

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

Originally posted by marks4902

i dont want to have to sit there and farm for gear or level up to kill something bigger i just want a game foused around team based objectives and pvp .

The closest thing i can think of outside of an fps and simply due to the fact you dont want to level up at all is Bloodline Champions.

That game is awesome, its all pvp, twitch and teamwork based. Definitely check it out.

http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/

You dont have to just play one style either, you can switch between characters between matches.

I played in the beta, im not sure how the cash shop effects it, you can either play for free or buy it and play it all as far as i know.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

honestly cash shops is a huge turnoff for any game. but i think im done with the fantasy thing for a while until gw2 comes out and disappoints me lol. i think im still interested in something thats more of a shooter mmo or atleast space combat or dogfighting or something like that just something that requires a little skill to play other than typical button mashing

Just try the damn thing, its exactly what you asked for.

Global Agenda is the closest thing i can think of to the second thing you describe. You do level in it tho.

A.V.A. is a really cool free to play fps.

Genesis A.D.

S4 another cool fps in anime style.

Those are free games.

Bulletstorm is fun as hell and runs a multiplayer co-op only mode for online that does require actual teamwork in order to progress.

Try Bloodline Champions.

Ignoring a great game because it has a cash shop is silly especially when you dont have to even buy anything from it. If you try it and like it just buy it.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.

• esionesion Member UncommonPosts: 5

I can't believe no one has said Darkfall.  DF is a great twitch based fantasy MMO.  It takes talent to run around hack and slash an mob or player...rather than just hitting numbers and standing there.

Check it out.

well i tried bloodline and i tried darkfall a while ago im really not looking to level up i just wish there was a real planetside 2 or something more scifi based or dogfighting 

Theres zero leveling up in Bloodline.

Anyways what about Ace Online? Has leveling.

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

Originally posted by marks4902

lately ive been getting older and having less time for playing my mmo's and thinking i really missed the planetside days where i could play for a while and log whenever i needed to .so a few months ago i gave it a shot bc i heard the new one was coming out. then i realised sony was just playing their usual game for more subs. currently im looking for some sort of twitch based mmo wether its in a spaceship or other vehicle or just a fps that is mostly focused around pvp and not so much leveling if there  is anything out there that anyone can recommend it would be greatly appreciated. i just liked the fact that in planetside i could kill someone at max level just as easy as they could kill me at level one. maxing out was just about being more versatile or pretty :)

Darkfall is the funnest twitch-game because of the bunny-hopping imo but each playing session should be 2-4 hours. The other ones are alright but I mean Darkfall is the funnest if you have people to play with because of how it feels to travel and control your character and its hard to log into other games with so much freedom. Its an MMORPG though so you are looking at long-term progression available but they do have off-line skilling but its really hard and you are talking a few months of practicing at least. There is no end game though really as you can group with anyone and participate in anything from day one.

Have you tried Global Agenda? That one is very role-based and team-work kind of game. I don't like how it feels to play or the combat nearly as much but its pretty fun. I ended up playing every class in that game and had fun.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• NewfrNewfr Member UncommonPosts: 133

Originally posted by Robokapp

does it have to be an mmo? online RTS/shooters provide this level of gameplay.

Actually i agree with Robokapp. PlanetSiege is very unique game and i haven't heard about anything like that. So, online shooters are the best choice you can get. Something like Battlefield series i think.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Vendetta Online

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Haven't been able to try it yet, but Black Prophecy looks pretty decent. No US server yet, and the EU version has IP Block, but there's one coming in the future I think.

Otherwise, I really can't think of any MMO that offers the kind of experience you're asking for. Your best bet would be with RPGs like The Elder Scroll : Oblivion, which, while it has levels, also has Monster Lv. Scaling, so that everywhere around the world, you end up with opponents fitting for your Level (with the exception of Quest Mobs), so there's no need to grind, and your abilities level up as you use them.

But if it REALLY has to be online, has others mentionned: Bloodline Champion. If not, League Of Legends or Heroes Of Newerth.

• nickman1993nickman1993 Member Posts: 287

Global Agenda has everything that you descriped, look into it

• MatheodamonMatheodamon Member Posts: 26

Sci -fi ? hmm Star Wars- the old republic is all I know :D