Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Sims Medieval.

whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Not sure if anyone will be interested in this but i decided while waiting for swtor (only time i'll mention it in this thread i swear) to pre-ordered The Sims Medieval.

It's basically the sims in the medieval time period, you have several classes of people, they can take on quests, be rogues, and do other various things.

Seeing as the MMO genre is filled with people who play fantasy games, i'd figure i'd throw this one out there to.

Looks fun to me at least form a visual perspective.  Good way to pass the time while waiting for another MMO if thats where you are at in your MMO carrer.

Heres the link: http://www.ea.com/the-sims-medieval

For those that don't feel like digging through all the info heres a trailer for you:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8RaUzvgF8I

Edit: If your more of a type that absorbs info via video then by picture heres a video interview of the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGhVDz37hkI&NR=1&feature=fvwp  Gives a really good rundown of the game and how it plays in my opinion.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

Comments

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Loved Sims 2, hated Sims 3. Sims Medieval sure looks cool. Let's hope it has again more detail like Sims 2.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• Angron117Angron117 Member Posts: 11

I think I will give it a try for shitz and gigglez.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I was kind of hoping for some sort of multiplayer that didn't totally hose the game, but I guess it's not to be with the Sims. :-(

Looks cool though...a blend of Dragon Age, Civilization and the Sims. Alas, no multiplayer!

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by lizardbones

I was kind of hoping for some sort of multiplayer that didn't totally hose the game, but I guess it's not to be with the Sims. :-(

Looks cool though...a blend of Dragon Age, Civilization and the Sims. Alas, no multiplayer!

Teh, so different are tastes. I for myself am happy to have again games where I am alone and NO one interfers with his doings, where I have to make compromises with others and I can just do as I please at my own leisure.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Looks fun, but I'm completely done with EA...

• LeoghanLeoghan Member Posts: 607

I'll probably pick it up. Sims games are fun, kinda like junk food, not that substantial but still oddly satisfying. 

• SfaliaraSfaliara Member Posts: 438

Originally posted by Reizla

Hate them all you want but how can you be "done" with them? They release and will release some of the best and greatest games, fortunately or not...there will come a time when you will really like a game they will release but won't get it due to personal hate of publisher?

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

I'm waiting for Stronghold 3. One more month, methinks...

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by Sfaliara

Originally posted by Reizla

Hate them all you want but how can you be "done" with them? They release and will release some of the best and greatest games, fortunately or not...there will come a time when you will really like a game they will release but won't get it due to personal hate of publisher?

Oh yes, I'm done with EA alright...

• DLC for every game for quite high prices compared to gameplay it gives

• Last I bought was Dragon Age, and as a long-term RPG-player, I haven't touched it for quite some months

• Tried Mass Effect but not my game

• The Sims 3 - same DLC problem as with other games. Not to mention, simulate ppl by simple AI's..? I was so disappointed (same will prolly happen to Medieval)

• Downloaded that Darkspore demo, and deleted in after 15 minutes.

I could go on for quite a bit longer, but bottom line, EA is not making games I like, and their DLC greed has the same bounderies as SOE's cash shop greed: NONE WHAT SO EVER

• MatheodamonMatheodamon Member Posts: 26

I;m sure gonna try this sims medieval... Im interested on it.. I was actually playing sims 2 before and I stopped.. so why not give it a try :D 

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I am sure gonna try the Sims 3! I really liked Sims 1 and 2 but I am still waiting on Sims 3. I like to wait until there are about 3-4+ xpacs before I start playing or the game will feel lacking compared to previous intalments because it doesn't have as much content yet ;)

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Originally posted by fivoroth

I am sure gonna try the Sims 3! I really liked Sims 1 and 2 but I am still waiting on Sims 3. I like to wait until there are about 3-4+ xpacs before I start playing or the game will feel lacking compared to previous intalments because it doesn't have as much content yet ;)

Theres a bug in the sims 3 right now.  Well there were 2 over the course that were kinda game breaking.

Before they had a really bad lag issue, where the sims would freeze but all the animations for like cooking would go, then when it caught up the timer skipped ahead.  This was so bad because it happened every 10 seconds or so.  Fortuantly that got fixed but then another bug came in it's place where if you didn't buy a certain bed, the well rested moodlet would hit and mess up your mood meter, too good of a bed and the moodlet would stack like crazy and that green bar would go all the way up, buy too bad of a bed and it does the reverse, goes all the way down.  There are like 2 beds in the sims 3 that don't do this.  Something luxor bed, forget the name and the vampire bed (though admitly you get slept like the dead so maybe thats why)

That last bug till now as far as i know hasn't been corrected sadly.  So it's kind of a pain.

As for the sims medieval? I see this is as a filler game until something more life sucking comes along.

As for EA? yeah i can understand why some people don't like them, get burned or don't like their practicies, I just don't care as much.  If the game is fun i'll play it.  But thats just me.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

WoW, I thought this was an expansion for Sim 3 but it seems like it's a brand new game! Does this mean that Sims 3 is not getting any more expansions? :O

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Originally posted by fivoroth

WoW, I thought this was an expansion for Sim 3 but it seems like it's a brand new game! Does this mean that Sims 3 is not getting any more expansions? :O

I would imagine that both would run together, the sims medieval comes out, then an expanion for the sims 3 comes out.

It's not in the direct line of sequals like the sims are. Basically this is part of a whole other franchies of sims.

You got yourself the sims (and their expansions) the sims 2 (and their expansions) sims 3 (and their expansions) I see these as one part of a story.

While the sims medieval is part of a completely different line.

They could do sims Medieval (and their expansions) Sim colonal (and their expansions) the sims in the future (cause everything has to be in the future, and of course it's expansions)

Either way i don't think because they start the sims medieval that they will stop the expansion for the sims 3.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

This game has been released already..Did anyone try it yet? o.o

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• shamus252shamus252 Member UncommonPosts: 226

Sims Medieval looks cool, havent tried it yet tho.

Sic semper tyrannis "Democracy broke down, not when the Union
    ceased to be agreeable to all its constituent States, but when it was upheld, like any other Empire, by force of arms."