Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift Coin locker

godzilr1godzilr1 Member UncommonPosts: 550

Comments

• DmyankeeDmyankee Member UncommonPosts: 135

I like the idea. I think that it is a different version of the Authentication.

Artorus Giltanus - Ranger EQ1 Retired
    Arturien - 90 Deathknight WoW

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

0_0

So simple, yet so smart ...

Unless your entire email account has been compromised of course, but it is genius nonetheless. Those who get hacked by keyloggers are much more safe this way I bet. Every mmorpg could use this system.

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154

I wonder what they consider a "significantly different locations?"  I may have to give this a check since I have two IPs thirty miles apart.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • RiftFanRiftFan Member Posts: 239

I like the idea. Although they are still going to use you as a spam bot and get you banned. It is a really interesting concept.

• eowetheoweth Member Posts: 273

Authenticator (which they seem to be getting) is really all you need. Well, that and non stupid users, but nothing can be done about that I guess. :)

• feiritedfeirited Member Posts: 57

Its nice to see that trion cares... All developers dont care....

• AceOfSpade90AceOfSpade90 Member Posts: 88

Originally posted by DarkPony

0_0

So simple, yet so smart ...

Unless your entire email account has been compromised of course, but it is genius nonetheless. Those who get hacked by keyloggers are much more safe this way I bet. Every mmorpg could use this system.

They aren't responsible if your e-mail system is all "logged" with those... they only care about they product, of course. For their problem, they fixed. They don't need to fix your e-mail problems, it ain't their job or mail server.

I see a universe where unicorns fly... and my mother-in-law is in a grave at last.
    |BEST UNIVERSE EVA AWARD|
  • Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

I agree with it