Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forsaken World: How do you like it?

xDracxDrac Member UncommonPosts: 201

Well, personally, I don't know. I'm not sure.

And just to clarify lets just leave out all the CS crap, i dont really care about that. Just needs to be fun to play it, you know what I mean.

When would it be possible to look like that?

http://www.mmofront.com/wp-content/gallery/forsaken-world-first-look/forsaken-world-8.jpg

And well, I'm having my Level 21 Warrior on the US PvP server now and what bothers me most about FW right now is:

The combat feels way too simple and clunky. And I dont know, the animations in general look a little weird, don't they?

The auto-routing system kind of makes it an AFK game, right? I mean you just click, go afk while you run to your destination and do what you need to. 

And I'm sorry, I know that sounds a little stupid, but I really dont get the Dungeons or whatever it is.

Like why can I not join God's Trial? It's just once a day, right? I didnt even do it... (am from EU, the time there is US right? maybe its cause it didnt open yet?)

And I hit 'T' and there's just like 4 things to choose from, and 2 of them (carnival and GT) are grey and I cant apply for it.

I dont quite get it... shouldnt there be more and just... *confused*

And the server looks pretty empty does it not?

I only hope the open PvP that start with Level 30 will make things a little more fun...

And also, wtf is with the class advancement? Does like every warrior get the same skills? 

Cause the so called talent trees dont have a lot of varierty..

So all in all 

Whats your impression of it and what makes it special for you?

Web & Graphic Design - www.xdrac.com

Comments

• xDracxDrac Member UncommonPosts: 201

No one?

Web & Graphic Design - www.xdrac.com

• ThububThubub Member UncommonPosts: 62

Well, it is a typical PW title.  If you read the forums here you get the jist of the main complaints against the game:

1.  It is run on an outdated engine making the combat and action very slow.  Clunky is a great way to describe it.  All PW games are like this.  I just came from WoW and the action in this game is what I like the least.  As you progress there will be more options in terms of skills/talents/etc to make rotations interesting, but you will never shake the "press skill... now wait for skill to happen.... did it work the way I wanted?  Yes..... press another skill."  So that part of the game never gets better.

2.  Cash shop.  You will hear a lot about how outrageously expensive it is.  I have never really spent that much in PW games myself and had plenty of fun.  Wanna be the top PvP/ganker on the server?  Prepare to pay.  Wanna have fun with a group of guildies, do PvE, do some group PvP, etc... Then you can get away with little to no expense.  If you figure to start up a cataclysm account from scratch is $100 up front and $15 per month.  If you play it for a couple months then get tired of it your out $130-145.  Play a PW title to see if you like it and spend nothing except what you choose to.  I would say that most of the whining about the cash shop is from people that don't have any financial discipline from the outset.  

3.  AFK friendly.  This is both a pro and a con.  I like that I can do laundry, play for a bit, then get something to eat, then play a bit, then answer the phone and chat for a while and still make progress in the game.  But, it does take away a lot from the immersion.  That isn't the worst part of the AFK issue though.  Soon every main area in town will be littered with those stupid player shops.  It creates a lot of lag and eventually any player hub is a sea of shops.  They so should have just stuck with an auction house.  The key to overcoming the AFK syndrome is to find a good active group of players to guild with.  If you get in with a good group, then you can have good immersion and have a lot more fun. 

What I like about Forsaken World over the other PW titles is its obviously made for the western market.  I got two characters to 20+ in half a day.  Most PW titles are very grindy and I get bored long before hitting max level.  It seems that with Forsaken World they have gotten a lot of different ways to get experience that doesn't involve a grind.   It also seems they have really put some effort into making crafting worthwile.  There is a lot about the game that is intriquing like the prayer system and the legend system.  A lot of the features I haven't figured out yet, like the whole schedule and events calender thing. It seems to have a lot more depth than any game they have put out to date.  The graphics are good as with any PW title.  I would say that my first impression is that this is their best title to date for western audiences.

So my take is that its definitely worth a look for anyone out there.  Even if you have played PW games in the past and found them lacking, I think this one has done enough to make it worth the time to try out.  I am really enjoying it so far.  Like any MMO its going to be best if you can find an active enough group to run with.  There are some interesting classes and class options with the talent system.  I am having fun and plan on sticking with it a while (still waiting for SW:TOR to come out).

As an aside, just from my first impressions I think melee classes are going to have a really rough time in PvP at end game.  I could be wrong, but it just seems there isn't enough gap closers for melee at the moment.  Anywho... I am having a fun time so far.

• prototypoprototypo Member UncommonPosts: 179

I like it so far, yeah its a little slow (Combat) and the CS is a little pricey ($10 for a general mount/$20 for a racial mount) but besides those gripes im having a blast. My level 31 Elve/Warrior looks pretty kool with his shiny armor and i have yet to run into the CS wall (Even though its starting to rear its ugly head with gear upgrade crystals in the CS) but one shouldnt expect free stuff even though they do give you 2 free bag slots and like 3 free bank slots. I already dropped $20 worth for zen ($20=800 leaves) and i have yet to spend more than 98 leaves. Try it its a kool time killer until GW2.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by Sukiyaki

I would try it if I didnt get the permanent "40sec login" + "wrong account or password" error on whichever newly created account I try and however often I reset my password and whatever kind of client I install... gave up when the CS couldnt help me either.

So basically this game falls pretty short

after closed beta 4 ended i avoided your issue right away by uninstalling the beta client.... after open beta started then i re downloaded the open beta client.... and i never got your issues....this happened with rift also..... maybe ur trying to log in with the closed beta client

• matcatmatcat Member UncommonPosts: 136

Tried it.  Combat is very slow and it seems to run like crap on my computer though it shouldn't.  Overall, there are much better offerings out there.  The world just seems lifeless to me.  Stiff and clumsy.

• raven222raven222 Member Posts: 88

Currently playing and having fun.

It looks nice , feels nice , event system is there like all PW games , and this one is clearly made for western audience.

It will keep me company till GW2 comes out.

Client is stable , some lag spikes but EU server is packed with people .

Check it out .

• MasterChaosXMasterChaosX Member Posts: 52

I just tried it literally 5 minutes ago. Definetly not for me

Right off teh bat, the graphics are awful. Ive seen better graphics in games made in 2007

secondly, the game is pretty much an automove. All you have to do is click the link and it wiill take you there.

No point in reading the quests or anything.

This is just my opinion though

You may like it though :)

• Meh-sah-yaMeh-sah-ya Member Posts: 17

Thanks for the info thubub-very informative. Does anyone know of any sites doing first impressions or 'official' reviews of the game yet?

The only decent one I found was here http://lorehound.com/mmos/forsaken-world-final-impressions/. Sadly, mmohut doesnt have one yet and i dont trust mmosite :/

Santa Claus says such cruel things.

• MasterChaosXMasterChaosX Member Posts: 52

Originally posted by Meh-sah-ya

Thanks for the info thubub-very informative. Does anyone know of any sites doing first impressions or 'official' reviews of the game yet?

The only decent one I found was here http://lorehound.com/mmos/forsaken-world-final-impressions/. Sadly, mmohut doesnt have one yet and i dont trust mmosite :/

MMOHut actually has done a First Look Video

• fatenabu1fatenabu1 Member Posts: 381

I've played a vampire for a bit, game seems like PW clone but somewhat darker. No flight either which doesn't bother me. Game seems fun. Typical PWI type stuff though, world chat is item shop item etc.

My computer is way above required specs but game lags when I have my view distance up, this somewhat frustrates me, so I have stopped playing hoping they get it fixed.

Dustin

• yogiftwyogiftw Member Posts: 28

I just tried it literally 5 minutes ago. Definetly not for me

Right off teh bat, the graphics are awful. Ive seen better graphics in games made in 2007

secondly, the game is pretty much an automove. All you have to do is click the link and it wiill take you there.

No point in reading the quests or anything.

This is just my opinion though

You may like it though :)

I personally like the graphics maybe you havent tried the max graphical setting the skill animations are really cool the scenery is really nice.. and btw all PWE games have this auto routing system is optional. some of the quests are cool.. one of the quest required me to jump off the cliff lol..but what do u expect from a free game ..have awesome Quests? most mmorpgs do this :kill 5 boars collect 10 rose etc... I am just saying this is a free game.. and i have tried countless free games only found a few of them entertaining this is one of them.earlier i tried most of the PWE games and this one was the most appealing since it has a veriety of races and class like bard and vampire..so if you go F2P on MMORPGs you should try this one.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Perfect World makes pay to win games, no thanks!

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

It feels as thin as a papper. I don't know why they can't use more polygons in graphics. It feels free to play... It looks like a good game.

• Meh-sah-yaMeh-sah-ya Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by MasterChaosX

Originally posted by Meh-sah-ya

MMOHut actually has done a First Look Video

I prefer mmohuts reviews which are better than their first impressions videos. Cheers for this though! 

Santa Claus says such cruel things.

• misfit7783misfit7783 Member Posts: 35

everyone ragging on the game hasn't hit level 15 its a great f2p game i reccomend for everyone.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Thought I was gonna like it, but after 2-3hrs, uninstalled it!

• loudermploudermp Member Posts: 20

I like the game, but I am stuck on a couple of quests and do not want to level up too much past them.

It must be true, I read it on the internet!
    PDL

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Originally posted by loudermp

I like the game, but I am stuck on a couple of quests and do not want to level up too much past them.

Yea that is a problem i am facing with the game.

That and they force us too much to rely on food and potions for healing.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• prototypoprototypo Member UncommonPosts: 179

Originally posted by MadDemon64

Originally posted by loudermp

Yea that is a problem i am facing with the game.

That and they force us too much to rely on food and potions for healing.

Yeah my Warrior & marksman use a crazy amount of potions, i actually had to use my marksman to craft potions because it was getting to pricey to keep buying in bulk. Still loving the game and now i spent about $30 worth in fashion, mounts, bank & bag space. Now thats not bad considering in other F2P to acquire all of that i would have to mortgage my house and sell my self on the corner.

• AlysenMinaseAlysenMinase Member Posts: 361

Here's my lengthy review of the game. (Gave a warning)

The graphics. They look good for there requirements. It has a style that is more west than east, and I can see some inspiration from WoW's art style. But it isn't cartoony, just artistic. It is more mature than WoW's style as well, which is something I like. The models themselves are nice, the Stonemen especially look good, they look like artwork. Everything seems in scale (the cities buildings aren't tiny like most MMO's, etc) which is a big nitpick of mine. The world isn't lifeless like some say. They have birds flying around, boats in the sea, some npcs walk around, little touches like that are in every zone.

The races are standard for a fantasy MMO. The classes are a mix. Most are to be expected, but some play diffrent than what you'd think. Lots of classes are race locked, which is bad IMO, but the classes that are on more than once race have unique skills in there skill trees which makes for some variety. PVE wise (I don't PVP so I can't comment on that) every class has a niche to fill in parties, and no one is shunned for being a certain class.

Leveling speed is decent. It's fast for a F2P game, until the last 20 or so levels from what I heard. They may work the curve out later on, or it may be a cash shop ploy. There are quests for each level, you won't run out. They give way more exp/hour than just grinding on mobs.

Crafting is a bigger feature compared to other F2P games, which usually make it take a backseat to the cash shop. Crafting professions are called Jobs, and they are lot of varied ones. Cooking, Alchemy, Blacksmithing are all there, but they have new ones like Socialite and Pet Breeder. IMO, it has the best crafting system of any F2P themepark.

Guilds are a big part, and they are a nice end game activity if your not into instances. They have a dungeon queue system like WoW's, which can be good or bad depending on your taste. One nice endgame feature I wish more games would use is an Arena system. A party fights waves of mobs, and bet on how many they can beat before starting. It's interesting.

The cash shop is decent. If you put $20 back for a mount and $25 for a full costume set, you will be good PVE wise. No idea on how much PVP costs, but it's F2P, people always try to outbuy each other so expect it to be expensive.

There is an autowalk feature, which IMO is the same as quest markers on maps, but saves you the key presses to navigate there. They have an in game calendar for events, and a nice Zodiac feature which I don't fully understand yet. Lots of depth.

I plan on sticking with FW as an alternative to EVE, since it is less expensive than a P2P (for me anyways). I'd reccomend to anyone who's wanting a themepark f2p. Plus it's new, so the population is good.

Playing - EVE, Wurm

Retired - Final Fantasy XI, Anarchy Online, Mabinogi

Waiting - ArcheAge, Salem

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

I like the graphics and the classes and the world is very cool but the leveling process is horrible.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• AlysenMinaseAlysenMinase Member Posts: 361

Originally posted by monstermmo

I like the graphics and the classes and the world is very cool but the leveling process is horrible.

Leveling process is better than any other F2P I played, in that you don't run out of quests to complete on the way up. I can see if you compare it to a p2p game, but even they are lacking in quest content at release.

Playing - EVE, Wurm

Retired - Final Fantasy XI, Anarchy Online, Mabinogi

Waiting - ArcheAge, Salem

• S00S00S00S00 Member UncommonPosts: 69

No Left and Right turn for a char!  Only Strafe left and right, no way to change it .

Character movement is Awful!

Played it for about an hour-ish, then logged off!  Not been back, do not intend to go back either! 

Graphics not too bad.

I am an Abstract sort of Creature
    Who Dislikes any sort of Restraint
    If you try to pigeonhole me
    I Will Break Free!

• KamaxKamax Member Posts: 12

Horrible game.

I could not stand the combat and graphics for more than 40 minutes.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Originally posted by S00S00

No Left and Right turn for a char!  Only Strafe left and right, no way to change it .

Character movement is Awful!

Played it for about an hour-ish, then logged off!  Not been back, do not intend to go back either! 

Graphics not too bad.

Not true.  If you walk forward and hold down the right mouse button while moving the mouse, you can turn while moving.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?