Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm already bored... why?

Comments

• SixfeetunderSixfeetunder Member UncommonPosts: 180

My first Lvl 0-25 and give 6/10 for this game...combat =boring , graphic = average , sound = poor , action and quest = boring.

Best part of this game is stability for new game but... i don't stay in after my free month

• sloebersloeber Member UncommonPosts: 504

i think that you get bored because just played too much.....i play about 2 hours a day and i am nowhere near boredom.

But a good guild kinda makes up for that.....always something to do.

• SixfeetunderSixfeetunder Member UncommonPosts: 180

maybe..i'm not in a guild...but the combat and and quest style are'nt for me , no inovation and gameplay bored me of this style same like every mmo

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sloebersloeber Member UncommonPosts: 504

Originally posted by Sixfeetunder

maybe..i'm not in a guild...but the combat and and quest style are'nt for me , no inovation and gameplay bored me of this style same like every mmo

this discussion had been going on for about centuries now.....mmo is an mmo and a race game is a race game.....just different cars.

So yeah they are all ALMOST the same.

Guess you are just play too much imho.....switch games or go out with friends......leave the gaming alone for a week or two :)

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Originally posted by cinos

I'm a lot like one of the guys who posted earlier. I would find my mouse pointer hovering over the Rift icon, finding myself unwilling to go through with the double click.

It's not that there is anything strictly wrong with RIft. I just think it's about 3 years too late to the party.

It represents the best of what the old style of MMO has to offer, and unfortunately most have already 'been there, done that' and want something different.

I'd refrain from generalising before the first month is over.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Originally posted by zereelist

Most games including single player games are just so easy that is feels unrewarding and pointless, there is no sense of adventure anymore because everything is just spoon fed to you.  This why I mostly like well designed PvP games or strategy games.

I think you are correct, too much leveling too easy becomes just boredom. Better to less levels to raise but more difficult to achieve.

• Deto123Deto123 Member Posts: 689

This is the first of many posts like this, I m afraid.

Originally posted by Deto123

And you can find one of those in every single game out there, no exceptions.

• Deto123Deto123 Member Posts: 689

Originally posted by Xasapis

I agree, it just confirms Rift isn t the amazing game alot of people claim it to be.

I agree, it just confirms Rift isn t the amazing game alot of people claim it to be.

Are you new on these boards? They are practicaly filled wit threads claiming that the game is "same old, same old". It doesn't matter whether it's true or not.

And yes, lots of people will love the game and thus to them it wil be amazing. It's as natural as for people to get bored by it.

What you'll notice on these boards is an absense of threads that claim how the game fooled them or the developers tricked people with promised features that were not there and so on. The game delivers fully on what it promises. It may not be enough for some people. It may be boring for others. But for a change, somebody delivered the full feature list that was promised. It was certainly a while since we saw that happening.

• HersaintHersaint Member UncommonPosts: 366

Yeah I agre with alot of the posters here as well. Its too easy for me and Im a casual gamer (7 hours a week about). Theres no strategy so far and the lack of meaningful PvP doesnt spice up the combat experience. Its a well polished amusement park though. Just Im looking for somehting more engaging. Have fun in rift, heres hoping they ramp up the world PvP.

I'm a lot like one of the guys who posted earlier. I would find my mouse pointer hovering over the Rift icon, finding myself unwilling to go through with the double click.

It's not that there is anything strictly wrong with RIft. I just think it's about 3 years too late to the party.

It represents the best of what the old style of MMO has to offer, and unfortunately most have already 'been there, done that' and want something different.

I'd refrain from generalising before the first month is over.

Who's generalising?

I was talking about the millions of WoW/EQ players that have already seen that kind of gameplay and are getting bored of it.

Wasn't referring to just the people currently playing RIft.

I've played WoW in the past. I've already seen WoW's gameplay to its fullest. Rift offers a different experience with many familiar elements. You are generalising, unless you think that "most" people are the closed circle of friends you have.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

I gave up WoW when I played after the Burning Crusade and I never got higher than 64 so I do not have any problems with Rift reminding me of it . I enjoy Rift and still am playing it and having fun. I guess I am lucky to have found a game I enjoy and that seems to be heavily populated. I feel sorry for those of you who are still looking or have no more room for these games.

• QazzQazz Member Posts: 577

Fun is where you choose to find it. If you're bored change it up or change games.  

I was exploring yesterday and thought I was about to find some unfinished area after walking up a steep ledge to a remote peak between zones but instead found a blue artifact sitting up there.  

I agree, this is a thread on bored people. How many will be bored is yet to be seen since, as I said the first month is not over yet. It pays to be cautious and don't make grand claims on how "most" people are bored. Do you know why most games made follow the same formula? Because people are not bored by it.

I hope somebody somehow proves that people love MMOs with different features that what we've been getting lately, but so far the players have been punishing innovation to obliviion, while the "clones" still live and make money. Even the ones on life support.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Not true at all.  While every game out there has people who get bored from playing them, the reason for the OP is that its a large case of "been there, done that before".

Take a game like EVE and you'll never find anyone who thought to themselves, man, this sure feels like game "XYZ" that I've been playing for the past 7 years.

It is possible to design a game that does not feel like the standard MMO model currently embraced by a majority of the Developement houses out there today but rarely will you find it outside of a smaller title.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

Not true at all.  While every game out there has people who get bored from playing them, the reason for the OP is that its a large case of "been there, done that before".

Take a game like EVE and you'll never find anyone who thought to themselves, man, this sure feels like game "XYZ" that I've been playing for the past 7 years.

It is possible to design a game that does not feel like the standard MMO model currently embraced by a majority of the Developement houses out there today but rarely will you find it outside of a smaller title.

So EVE has no "I'm bored" threads, is that what you're trying to say?

Certainly EVE is different, but not that different in this regard.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by GPrestige
    I'm also hoping there are others here who feel the same way; they like it but can't bring themselves to log on much.
    This thread is meant in no way to start an argument between people who like it and dislike it,

Well played, sir

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

He is saying EvE doesn't really have any people saying "I'm bored because this game feels like XYZ".

Strawman much?

Why don't you just rewrite his whole post while you're at it?

He's answering my own post with an answer that is not relevant to my post. How about I get an answer appropriate to my own instead?

This discussion has been closed.