Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures: Rise of the Godslayer Review

12346»

Comments

• DaredentDaredent Member UncommonPosts: 14

Originally posted by Yamota

Very good that lack of PvP content was one of the Cons. Stopped reading after that.

Lackluster PvP was, for me, one of AoCs greatest flaws and I guess this expansion didn't address that and put this game firmly in the WoW clone PvE game.

QFT.   AOC is a great PvE game.  But that only holds my interest long enough for me to realize their is no end-game PvP point to all the PvE.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Originally posted by Daredent

Originally posted by Yamota

Very good that lack of PvP content was one of the Cons. Stopped reading after that.

Lackluster PvP was, for me, one of AoCs greatest flaws and I guess this expansion didn't address that and put this game firmly in the WoW clone PvE game.

QFT.   AOC is a great PvE game.  But that only holds my interest long enough for me to realize their is no end-game PvP point to all the PvE.

Meh, ya know, the game has really gone in the PVE-focusing direction by the looks. And that's ok, I mean...if I want PVP, I'll re-sub to Darkfall and do it right.

Although, the AoC devs recently posted about some upcoming PVP changes that might add some spice to the game in that area...who knows??

• PermafrosttPermafrostt Member Posts: 1

Is a pretty good game

• MetalliaMetallia Member Posts: 7

Curious if most of this commentary are from players in Euro?  As the US servers are dying a slow death .. :(

Metallia
    www.Trollradio.com

• MoanalisaMoanalisa Member UncommonPosts: 5

I was searching for another game to play other than WOW which i have played for years.  I had read this review and downloaded AOC.  I have been impressed so far.  I always have thought that if someone could merge the best elements of RPG games like Age of Origins or Mass Effect with an MMO game like WOW then it would be really awesome.  It was going to happen someday.  Well this update to AOC seems to almost be there.  The character customization is really quite good.  Not as good as what you do in BioWare games but generations ahead of WOW.   Let's face it that if you are going to be spending a lot of time with a toon you create then you would like it to your's and not look like everyone else.  AOC did a very good job with this.   The fighting feels a lot different from WOW.  It feels fun and does not feel like grinding yet.  I have not mastered it yet, but it seems real cool and the sound and visual effects are quite impressive.  The quests are decent and pretty well marked out.  The questing follows a model more closely with the BioWare MassEffect method.   It kind of forces you to pay attention.  In WOW you just pick up the quests and get on with it.  (I wonder if anyone really reads WOW quests other than newbs?)   So it seems that AOC is trying to develop a storyline of sorts although it is not completely clear to me yet.  The graphics in this game are just stunning in my view.   It will push your machine.  On the downside here it seems that the number of players has diminished substantially since the start of it's release because of past problems which i gladly missed.  It would be a shame to see this effort die because i think AOC is really close to something pretty great.  I am going to place a bet that a few good reviews and continued improvement and attention to detail will grow the population again.   People play MMO games for the social aspects.   If the social aspects are missing or dying then you might as well play an RPG game like what BioWare produces.   The computer can be a pretty tough adversary.  We play MMO's because we want to compete and work with other humans.   I cannot really comment on the social machinary of this game yet but it looks like the framework is there.  The listing of guilds looked pretty sparse.   If that is all the guilds, then the game really needs some serious work to get the population rising again.