Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atlantica Online: Nexon to Take Over Publishing in NA

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Nexon has announced that it will take over customer support and publication duties in North America for Atlantica Online. Atlantica Online is a turn-based strategic MMO that was developed by nDoors Interactive, a subsidiary of Nexon International.

The service migration will result in the adoption of NX Cash as the currency for purchasing in-game items and add-ons via the Item Mall, as well as support for Atlantica Online on Nexon’s web properties. NX Game cards are widely available at thousands of retail locations, which will provide greater convenience for players. The migration will also provide players with uniform access to Nexon’s catalogue of online games and introduce a new way for players to interact with other fans and provide feedback to the Atlantica Online team. To ensure the transition is a smooth process for all players, the migration process will have a discretionary period beginning soon lasting through the second half of April.

Several improvements to the game have already occurred, such as the removal of the Stamina system in February. North American players will have a vast amount of new content to look forward to when the migration is finalized in March, such as the Three Kingdoms content update scheduled to take place on April 5.

Read more here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

whats happening to IJJI, they are losing its games 1 by 1

• RegomarRegomar Member Posts: 122

Final nail in Atlantica's coffin.

• Blackfire1Blackfire1 Member UncommonPosts: 116

Haaa really? a Nail?  Not lilkely. People still love palying AO and they will continue to play it. Its still extremly popular in Korea. So if you really thing its going to "die." Your a retard with a job.

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

I am really not suprized, I went to start up AO again very recently, and just at that time there were login server issues. nDOORs had them fixed within a day, but for some reason IJJI took about a week to fix it before people were able to play again.

Long story short I ended up going over to nDOORs to play it, even had an account reactived through 3 seperate tickets (really old acc caused many errors) ALL days before IJJI fixed their issue.

IJJI has really dropped the ball over the past few years, well beyond it being picked up again for many that use(d) their services, it seems like it's only a matter of time until they close up for good.

They've even been losing some of the better (if not best) f2p's out there, and it isn't because of the games themselves, it is how IJJI opperates (and lack of opperating) and that chasing players away with a bad taste in their mouths over several years can really ruin a reputation.

I'm pretty sure the clock is ticking and the countdown to closure will be on it's way soon enough.

PS. I have not had much better experiences with NEXON, they are almost in the same ballpark, not going to close anytime soon but their service is just about as terrible, if only slightly better.

• bisurgebisurge Member UncommonPosts: 168

nDoors is a horrible publisher. Although Nexon overcharges, nDoors prioritizes their cash shop and gives massive benefits to people who spend more.

So, what's the difference? Nexon charges more for smaller benefits, but nDoors makes their cash shop almost addicting. Stick on hidden details on items, usually negative, by nDoors, and I'd say Nexon is the better publisher.

But, they're both not very good. MapleStory went down the drain once Wizet started letting Nexon publish it.

• HaradeasHaradeas Member UncommonPosts: 252

Closed beta player myself and yes, the game was so great now it is nothing more then a F2pay mmorpg :( after 2 years..... so sad

• NimmonNimmon Member Posts: 28

I despise Nexon for what DFO is in NA. They do absolutely nothing to stop gold spammers, as they can be seen on nearly every channel spamming 24/7. It will be the same character doing it all day, too. They have what is quite possibly the biggest money sink of a cash shop, which is a huge gamble every time. Selling things can be a nightmare, and you usually have to sell low unless you have the "trading liscense" to set up a store.

The avatar items alone are a nightmare. You pick what kind you want ie. chest piece, pants, shoes, and they give a random stat and random kind. Getting a full set is like 1/100. Thankfully Vindictus isn't very bad, and I hope that it stays that way.