Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torchlight: Coming to XBox Live

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In today's post on the MMORPG.com Staff Blog, Bill Murphy takes a quick look at Runic Games' Torchlight as it is set to arrive on XBox Live tomorrow. Bill talks about what will make or break Torchlight for XB fans. Check it out!

The combat though, which is what these games live and die by, feels much more fluid and responsive.  I love the point and click way, but I'd be lying if I said TL didn't lend itself very well to console controls.  The movement is analog, so you can move slowly or quickly, you can map four skills or spells (which is less than on the PC) but they're more readily available and they've apparently changed some of the way the skills feel too... it just feels more responsive.

Read more here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Getting my copy tomorrow. It will be fun to be able to kick back on the couch and enjoy some good dungeon crawls.

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

Not launching for PS3?...

I sold my Xbox 360! *sadface*

• KaaxKaax Member UncommonPosts: 19

same for me nickster :/  or I'd be all over that

• gainesvilleggainesvilleg Member CommonPosts: 1,053

Sweet, and I just upgraded my xbox hard drive to 250 GB and was looking for another XBOX game to download.

Was considering Borderlands but I might actually be up for this instead.  So for those who have played both would you get Borderlands or Torchlight first.  They both sound like good mindless leveling/loot goodness...

GW2 "built from the ground up with microtransactions in mind"
    1) Cash->Gems->Gold->Influence->WvWvWBoosts = PAY2WIN
    2) Mystic Chests = Crass in-game cash shop advertisements

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Would be interesting to see how it plays on the 360, but I still feel it is better suited to a PC's keyboard/mouse.

If you have the option for either, go PC, it doesn't even have high system requirements and it still looks great.

• KebeckKebeck Member Posts: 323

This game would have been awesome with a coop.. But as it is, not worth my money...

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Originally posted by gainesvilleg

Sweet, and I just upgraded my xbox hard drive to 250 GB and was looking for another XBOX game to download.

Was considering Borderlands but I might actually be up for this instead.  So for those who have played both would you get Borderlands or Torchlight first.  They both sound like good mindless leveling/loot goodness...

Personally I think Borderlands would be the better pick, it just plain and simply has a lot more purpose and things to do. Not sure how much it is on XBL, but it's only about $15 for a physical copy now (can't see it being any cheaper than that).

Torchlight's only real purpose is dungeon crawling, going down deeper and deeper until you reach the end boss, killing repetitive things and picking up loot along the way.

I own both games, and i've never really played Torchlight beyond the first few weeks, but Borderlands lasted me close to 2 months before I put it down (and I don't even care too much for FPS's) and it also has some well done co-op online, whereas Torchlight does not.

Originally posted by just2duh

Originally posted by gainesvilleg

Personally I think Borderlands would be the better pick, it just plain and simply has a lot more purpose and things to do. Not sure how much it is on XBL, but it's only about $15 for a physical copy now (can't see it being any cheaper than that).

Torchlight's only real purpose is dungeon crawling, going down deeper and deeper until you reach the end boss, killing repetitive things and picking up loot along the way.

I own both games, and i've never really played Torchlight beyond the first few weeks, but Borderlands lasted me close to 2 months before I put it down (and I don't even care too much for FPS's) and it also has some well done co-op online, whereas Torchlight does not.

Cool thanks for the feedback.  I'm definately leaning towards Borderlands but may even end up getting both.  Need to kill some late night hours over the next few weeks.  No AAA titles coming out imminently that I'm interested in unfortunately.  I don't think I'm going to pick up Dragon Age 2 unless somehow I get convinced it will bet better than Dragon Age 1...

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

I'd say pick up Torchlight over Boarderlands.. I myself had a some bad experiences on Boarderlands especially with the community.. And some weird stuff happening to my character.. I sold it back to Game Stop within the 7days so i didn't have to purchase it.. Torchlight looks fun and the p/c version has gotten some good reviews.. But it really depends if you want a solo dungeon crawler or a FPS/RPG hybrid with a terrible multiplayer community.

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

I own the PC version, but will probably pick up the 360 version just to see what's different, and show support for Runic Games. Just started playing the PC version again a few days ago, in fact :)

• sloebersloeber Member UncommonPosts: 504

Originally posted by Kebeck

This game would have been awesome with a coop.. But as it is, not worth my money...

torchlight 2 will have coop m8, should be released this year (somewhere).

Originally posted by Hellfyre420

I'd say pick up Torchlight over Boarderlands.. I myself had a some bad experiences on Boarderlands especially with the community.. And some weird stuff happening to my character.. I sold it back to Game Stop within the 7days so i didn't have to purchase it.. Torchlight looks fun and the p/c version has gotten some good reviews.. But it really depends if you want a solo dungeon crawler or a FPS/RPG hybrid with a terrible multiplayer community.

Yeah, actually I hear both sides.  A buddy of  mine has Borderlands so I could coop with him a bit, but he said the constant respawning of enemies/chests was pretty annoying.  I might actually get Torchlight despite no coop, because at least it is a big change over the FPS's and 1st/3rd person RPG's I've been playing a ton of last few years.  I'm a HUGE fan of roguelikes but for some reason was never a huge diablo fan. but I'm willing to give it another go.  Its only 200MB and $15 so might as well...

I was hoping to download it tonight but as of 5 minutes ago still wasn't available.  I guess I'll have to wait a few more hours...