Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game Used To Be Fun When It Was Free

DevourDevour Member Posts: 902

As the title says, this used to be fun when it was free, but nooo, the bastards had to sell out, instead of just leaving the "elite" servers to the "elite", they had to ruin the classic servers.

I got banned in one of the F2P riots in this game, as they were making it so you got wiped every time you played the game, because I managed to kill a silly, silly GM.

Made a new account, played on Babylon for a bit (because of the whole character save / bank save thing) and then that world went down, too. =(

So, yeah, are they planning on making the game free, again? Or at least making it cheaper to play? The prices are effing ridiculous.

Comments

• Judasgoat98Judasgoat98 Member UncommonPosts: 158

This response is a little late, but no, they aren't planning on changing anything. Although the games population has been consistent for a while now, it appears as if they are just trying to milk the game for what it's worth now until no one wants to play anymore. This game used to be amazing, now the owners are greedy and corrupt. It's got potential though, it just needs new faces.

• oconnergiloconnergil Member Posts: 8

Well i all developers want cash on thier pocket thats why they made is pay to play. but in their point of view they need it to maintain their server cost.

• alderdalealderdale Member Posts: 301

Originally posted by Devour

As the title says, this used to be fun when it was free, but nooo, the bastards had to sell out, instead of just leaving the "elite" servers to the "elite", they had to ruin the classic servers.

I got banned in one of the F2P riots in this game, as they were making it so you got wiped every time you played the game, because I managed to kill a silly, silly GM.

Made a new account, played on Babylon for a bit (because of the whole character save / bank save thing) and then that world went down, too. =(

So, yeah, are they planning on making the game free, again? Or at least making it cheaper to play? The prices are effing ridiculous.

IM not sure if I understand the point to this post.  As long as I dont have to pay for this game its cool.  If I have to pay to play its not cool.  Does that about sum it up?  Some changes were made in game structure that creates an enviornment where you have to give them money in order to have a better game experience?  Is this confusing to you in some way?

Do you think game developers are like parents with some obligation to provide you a game experience at not cost to you?  Thats just not how the real world works as you will find out in a few years.

• Judasgoat98Judasgoat98 Member UncommonPosts: 158

The "bang for your buck" ratio is way off. Basically the owners put no work into the actually game, the players. Owners simply keep the servers running. They make their money off the iPhone version now, and so they focus their time and effort on that. I have recently heard however that with V6 they plan on making all servers F2P again with the acception of cash shops. With the type of gameplay allotted this will have no effect on it at all. I hope it draws players back to this game, as it does get better everyday.