Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift SOS

Comments

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

Originally posted by tkoreaper

What we see here folks is just a classic L2Play issue... Nothing to see here. Unless you get amusement from listening to ONE guy complain about shit that no one else really seems to have a problem with. Games these days have made people lazy and selfish.

Started playing online when online games were text mode and web browsers did not exist yet.

Been raid leader in a few games.

Got first world kills in a few games.

Trust me I don't need to L2P... and still I agree with many posters here.

1) Rifts need a better scaling and events need to slow down in frequency. Many players are bored of them already and are ignoring them.

2) If you spawn a dynamic event that requires that players move all over the map, you wanna make sure they can move from spot to spot easily.

• crazynannycrazynanny Member Posts: 173

OP is simply trolling. Everyone with different opinion is lying, only OP has real facts, what next - omg the game isn't WoW...QQ? Frankly I don't care if he zerged his way to 50 and is one of few no lifes(?8 am?) in area and has some problems with invasions. Being in mid lvl30 I'm fine with no issues at all. Roads are clear, invasion are scaled, people fight them. Grey mobs could have leser agro zone, I guess, but hardly gamebreaking.

• tkoreapertkoreaper Member UncommonPosts: 412

Originally posted by gordiflu

Originally posted by tkoreaper

What we see here folks is just a classic L2Play issue... Nothing to see here. Unless you get amusement from listening to ONE guy complain about shit that no one else really seems to have a problem with. Games these days have made people lazy and selfish.

Started playing online when online games were text mode and web browsers did not exist yet.

Been raid leader in a few games.

Got first world kills in a few games.

Trust me I don't need to L2P... and still I agree with many posters here.

1) Rifts need a better scaling and events need to slow down in frequency. Many players are bored of them already and are ignoring them.

2) If you spawn a dynamic event that requires that players move all over the map, you wanna make sure they can move from spot to spot easily.

LOL... I always get a kick out of people like you. "I've been playing XXX years..." "Back in my day..." Like it actually makes your argument any more valid.

• Originally posted by Endo13

Originally posted by Strap

Originally posted by just1opinion

Originally posted by Kremlik

The mount bit I'll give you however the rest is kinda debunked TBH - i beleave the size of the events are based on population in the zones, so the zones wont be 'overrun' as badly as it looks now theres a LOT of players in the starting area still as it's only just been released and many only have had this weekend to play, my shard for instance has an invation of 30 dark rifts this weekend whereas during the weekday afternoon it was 5 or 6 in the same zone..

They SAY that these events are scaled, but I will tell you that MY experience in the beta was the same as what the OP stated. If there are not enough people, you're NOT going to complete the event.  Now I don't know what kind of "scaling" they think they're doing, but it's obviouslly not entirely effective. So I can't consider his complaint "debunked" as you say.

EDIT: By the way, this was one of the several reasons that I chose not to play RIFT after the beta. It was not, by far, my only reason, but it was ONE of the reasons.

The scaling system can be tricky. IF there are many players around, Rifts and invasions will be impossible to solo and you'll find yourself HAVING to find the other players (usually fighting another nearby Rift or invasion) and maybe *gasp* use the chat channels to communicate.

The perception that "you're NOT going to complete the event" is understandable but not true. This is MY experience based on beta, headstart and since release.

I'm in Melbourne, Australia so I play peak time on NA servers (my weekend mornings) and then sometimes in the evenings as well. So I see the zones at high and low population phases.

My perspective is that the scaling works very well. The mass events are fun and on the zerg-fest side but massive and give the feeling of a real invasion. At low population phase, you tend to go solo or group with just a few players BUT you cooperate more and I find that really fun/satisfying. Heck, you can even cooperate with the NPCs and time your stand with theirs.

BASICALLY... see a Rift/Invasion then check for elites. If there are elites then look around for other players, which is easy because they will be there since elites only spawn when there are decent numbers in the zone.

Regarding mounts - I agree that when getting to Rifts and Invasions it is very annoying if you have to stop and fight off low level nuisance mobs. I hope they change this too.

Not from what I've seen. There are invasion events that spawn elites whether there are players around or not. I've seen very few invasions be completed successfully on my shard in Crimson Wash and higher zones, because there's almost never enough people. So if they are trying to scale them, they're doing it wrong. End of story.

So no, I can't say for sure whether there's any validity to what you say at all, but on the practical side of things as pertains to players it's a bunch of hogwash, and when it comes to keeping players around that is the only side that matters. Perception is everything, and right now what they're giving us looks way too frustrating to be fun.

So why do our experiences differ so markedly?

You know maybe some of the recent posters are correct. Maybe the people finding fault are ahead of the "main" population and just want to quest quest quest and level as fast as possible. And so the events are annoying to them. I think people should be free to play an MMO however they damn want to. It is a different matter though to then want to DICTATE the games development according to how YOU play the game.

The OP is arguing that he is representative of the target audience for Rift. They certainly took a shot at WoW players, I'll agree with that, but maybe they are targeting the more mature WoW players because Rift is certainly more gritty and dark than WoW, more dangerous and more social.

@OP: it would be a pity if you left Rift and I am not going to tell you to L2P or go back to WoW, but maybe just maybe you could adapt a little to the game. Maybe you could try to react more as a leader when events happen. See if you can turn the event around in your zone just by asking people to join you in fighting it. Get a small group together and play strategic like. Investigate the clickies that can really help in event situations. Hey, you may find it more fun than quest grinding. :)

• LostKiller7LostKiller7 Member Posts: 1

U guys based descions on the shards u played..did u chekc if it was full..I played on dayblind during beta  and it was full there were times when there like 20 of us solvingng invasions(it takes some time to reach the place) in half an hour tops an hour .....and there was time when there were just 5 of us..it took some time but it was rellly fun...u die a lot more but it was fun...just go into the closet rift. and kill how mych u want....and its fun ..when some1 joins its just goes better...my exp.during beta ...its a great game....... I was in pretty good guild so it was  a lot easier for me....when u get bored just go to solving quests...when u are bored with quest just go off the road in the raid...I think its a pretty goos setup up...its easy and its fun..they need still some small changes but the game can pass and I reccomend...U dont need to solve quest to fasl lv. up..u can do this in the raids too...when u get to higher lv.. u reach more quest u just solve the quest that are closest to each other and u will reach the next lv....thats how I lv. up....and I got  to 18 lv...in a copule of days..I think about 6-7 ..I was logged like 2 hours per day maybe a little less...U fast lv up just by playing the game....and u always have something to do..and u just have to buy it without mothnly fee....

welll...if u compare wow and rift...wow is more original but has monthly fee.... which is important info to some players and thats what I like the most about rift :)....and it isnt  a copy of wow...it has element of an mmorpg like evrery other game...if u took wow as the basic mmorpg.. beacuse its the most popular then....every exsiting mmorpg is a copy or similar to wow...if some1 didnt play wow and played rift before he would the say it was a copy ot rift...thats bullsh*t

P.S

WoW and Rifts are both great games...I got to admit that trion relly is pushing rift ....to the limits that is starts to  annoy u..but I got over that.....

• NeikoNeiko Member UncommonPosts: 626

You know maybe some of the recent posters are correct. Maybe the people finding fault are ahead of the "main" population and just want to quest quest quest and level as fast as possible. And so the events are annoying to them. I think people should be free to play an MMO however they damn want to. It is a different matter though to then want to DICTATE the games development according to how YOU play the game.

The OP is arguing that he is representative of the target audience for Rift. They certainly took a shot at WoW players, I'll agree with that, but maybe they are targeting the more mature WoW players because Rift is certainly more gritty and dark than WoW, more dangerous and more social.

@OP: it would be a pity if you left Rift and I am not going to tell you to L2P or go back to WoW, but maybe just maybe you could adapt a little to the game. Maybe you could try to react more as a leader when events happen. See if you can turn the event around in your zone just by asking people to join you in fighting it. Get a small group together and play strategic like. Investigate the clickies that can really help in event situations. Hey, you may find it more fun than quest grinding. :) 

Well put. I agree with what you said pretty much 100%.

• Originally posted by Strap

Originally posted by Endo13

Originally posted by just1opinion

Originally posted by Kremlik

The mount bit I'll give you however the rest is kinda debunked TBH - i beleave the size of the events are based on population in the zones, so the zones wont be 'overrun' as badly as it looks now theres a LOT of players in the starting area still as it's only just been released and many only have had this weekend to play, my shard for instance has an invation of 30 dark rifts this weekend whereas during the weekday afternoon it was 5 or 6 in the same zone..

They SAY that these events are scaled, but I will tell you that MY experience in the beta was the same as what the OP stated. If there are not enough people, you're NOT going to complete the event.  Now I don't know what kind of "scaling" they think they're doing, but it's obviouslly not entirely effective. So I can't consider his complaint "debunked" as you say.

EDIT: By the way, this was one of the several reasons that I chose not to play RIFT after the beta. It was not, by far, my only reason, but it was ONE of the reasons.

The scaling system can be tricky. IF there are many players around, Rifts and invasions will be impossible to solo and you'll find yourself HAVING to find the other players (usually fighting another nearby Rift or invasion) and maybe *gasp* use the chat channels to communicate.

The perception that "you're NOT going to complete the event" is understandable but not true. This is MY experience based on beta, headstart and since release.

I'm in Melbourne, Australia so I play peak time on NA servers (my weekend mornings) and then sometimes in the evenings as well. So I see the zones at high and low population phases.

My perspective is that the scaling works very well. The mass events are fun and on the zerg-fest side but massive and give the feeling of a real invasion. At low population phase, you tend to go solo or group with just a few players BUT you cooperate more and I find that really fun/satisfying. Heck, you can even cooperate with the NPCs and time your stand with theirs.

BASICALLY... see a Rift/Invasion then check for elites. If there are elites then look around for other players, which is easy because they will be there since elites only spawn when there are decent numbers in the zone.

Regarding mounts - I agree that when getting to Rifts and Invasions it is very annoying if you have to stop and fight off low level nuisance mobs. I hope they change this too.

Not from what I've seen. There are invasion events that spawn elites whether there are players around or not. I've seen very few invasions be completed successfully on my shard in Crimson Wash and higher zones, because there's almost never enough people. So if they are trying to scale them, they're doing it wrong. End of story.

So no, I can't say for sure whether there's any validity to what you say at all, but on the practical side of things as pertains to players it's a bunch of hogwash, and when it comes to keeping players around that is the only side that matters. Perception is everything, and right now what they're giving us looks way too frustrating to be fun.

probably the best reply I've read on these forums....ever.

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

I only played in Beta, didn't purchase, but I'm bored with no MMO to play so I'm on the forums*

I did push to cap because the Reaver tree looked really fun and I wanted to go deep lol.

I found as I levelled, invasions and rifts were easier and easier to solo.. There's some kind of hardset thing in the game that you can mop the floor with several mobs your level or below, easily take 2 or 3 mobs +2 levels higher at the same time but will get your butt hand handed to you by mobs +3 levels.

The OP is right on the dismounting bit. WoW is too generous here, first you can hardly agro mobs lower level than you (in wow) and second, they can barely dismount you and leash quickly. I'd've like to have seen RIFT take either approach. Either lowbie mobs were very likely not to agro you or they're very unlikely to dismount you and leash quickly. Roads is higher level zones are not safe.

I loved Exposed. Exposed's only weakness is it triggered too easily and I saw it proc several times while moving to 'welcome' a new mob into my battle. The proc-rate conditions weren't very intelligent.

They could have also gone the route that FFXI went which I rather liked.. There were 5 agro types in wow*they were, except for blood and resting, dependent on low level.

* Sight, mob had to see you in front of it (like a 70 degree cone) to agro you. Invis powder made you invisible. Casters could also make you Invisible with a free spell (only cost mp). Some melee classes has invis abilities.

* Sound, mob had to hear you anywhere near it, there was a sneak oil/spells/abilities for this.

* Magic, cast near the mob and it would agro you.

* Blood, if you were at low health, some creatures like undead and demons would agro you. Even low level.. was kinda awesome.

* Resting, ffxi didn't have food for mp/hp regain, you just knelt and got it back (or casters could heal you).

Several mobs had multiple detection types, like demons in "sky" that (that's so ironic, demons in sky) that would agro you if they saw you or you cast near them.

OP needs to calm down though.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• VormirVormir Member UncommonPosts: 135

1- I really don't have any problems about mounts. I get dismounted, I kill the mob and move on.

2- I see rifts like a way to get some progression going. The shards help me get better armor. Maybe those level 30+ players in the level 30+ zones still don't have the numbers we have in the 1-25 zones. I believe it will improve over time.

So far it's a fun game to play. Rifts, waterfronts, questing and instances give lot of things to do.

Peace and happy gaming.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Originally posted by Leucrotta

Originally posted by Dkompoze

I just dont understand why people play a game called RIFT but complain about the RIFTS --  GO FIGURE.

Just because the game is called Rift people need to close rifts 24/7?

Nah, I'm with Dkompoze on this one.

First of all I've seen a few people say that fighting rifts gives no reward which is ludicrous. The planarite currencey can be used for excellent gear along with other useful items.

Secondly I want to close rifts, I find it far more enjoyable than grabbing a quest, killing 10 mobs and then turning it in.

When I log in I expect their to be rifts and invasions. If there were less of them it would be more than feasible that a person could log in and not have any or many chances to partcipate.

I'm on the fence about the mount thing. Not a game breaker (really op, this is a game breaker for you?) as I lived through Lord of the Rings and the deal there for years. But if they implemented a similar system that eventually made it into LOTRO where your mount has points and those are taken away every time you are hit.

If you escape then those points start regenerating. If they are down to zero then you are dismounted.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

Rifts are going to be the downfall of this game.

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

1 - This is a design call. You're not supposed to be able to just run through a swarm of mobs unscathed. You're supposed to pay attention and avoid things. it can be annoying, but personally I kind of like that there is an actual sense of danger in the wilderness.

2 - I'm fairly sure that invasion events are based off of the amount of people in a zone, as well as how many of those people are actively closing existing rifts. If rifts are getting demolished by players, an invasion event occurs. if players are ignoring rifts, nothing happens aside from invaders occasionally harassing quest hubs.

• xxHanoverxxxxHanoverxx Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by Soki123

Rifts are going to be the downfall of this game.

Yup...I kind of agree...I didnt renew my subscription and will keep my license just in case it gets better with expansions.  

As I see it, the quest/lore content has taken a backseat to the Rifts and Invasions.  So those of us who like to quietly explore and quest with the occasional dip into the public dungeon or PQ are going to be annoyed by a game that is in your face all the time...and at first it was exciting..the second time, it was fun...the 10th time it was like...*sigh*   There goes my effin NPC..now I have to wait until I can complete my effin quest.  If the rifts and invasions were a bit less regular, I would find it more fun.  People could talk about that one rift or invasion that kicked everyone's butt...but they happen so often, I don't really log on unless I'm more in the mood for that kind of game play...

I also agree with the mobs.  When you just want to get from Point A to Point B as fast as possible to complete a quest, it's really annoying to have to continually dismount and do the same combat over and over again....add the insane re-spawning rates and it just adds to the annoyance.  I love these people who are championing realism...sorry, but realism does not always lead to good game design.  It's one thing if you are running through dangerous territory with high level Mob where you SHOULD be forced to tread carefully, its another to run through what amounts as sheep and have them still attack you so it takes an 30 minutes just to get to your next destination.  That might be realistic, but its not fun...

So I will just say Rift is obviously not for me...at least not at this moment.  I was looking for a second MMORPG to WOW (just re-started WOW two months ago and there wasnt a single expansion the last time I played)...but I think I'm going to run through Oblivion again before Skyrim comes out.

• watchawatchawatchawatcha Member Posts: 960

Here's the thing I agree with the OP, but I don't think it will be the downfall of the game.

I think they need some adjustments.  I also think having so many invasions and footholds running around add to the world.  It's really a living, breathing dangerous world out there.  I was running with a group and we saw two invasions run into each other attacking, while finishing a quest.  Seeing a war go on in the background really added something to the game.

• eowetheoweth Member Posts: 273

Originally posted by Sovrath
    Secondly I want to close rifts, I find it far more enjoyable than grabbing a quest, killing 10 mobs and then turning it in.

What's different from getting a quest to kill 10 things then having to kill 10 things in a rift? Rifts get real boring real quick. It's always basically the same, either simple enough to plow through the spawning bad guys or painfully slow to chew through the elite bad guys then you're done.

The first few times it's kinda cool, and defeating an invasion is really fun, but it's not really any different than any given kill-10 quest, just noiser.

Originally posted by eoweth

What's different from getting a quest to kill 10 things then having to kill 10 things in a rift? Rifts get real boring real quick. It's always basically the same, either simple enough to plow through the spawning bad guys or painfully slow to chew through the elite bad guys then you're done.

The first few times it's kinda cool, and defeating an invasion is really fun, but it's not really any different than any given kill-10 quest, just noiser.

The game is out now and misinformation like this no longer holds water.  Higher levels the Rifts start to get more complicated.  Not a summation, but fact.  100% fact.  It's great that the game is out now and people can level to higher levels and see things for themselves.  Yay for truth!

• eowetheoweth Member Posts: 273

Originally posted by watchawatcha

The game is out now and misinformation like this no longer holds water.  Higher levels the Rifts start to get more complicated.  Not a summation, but fact.  100% fact.  It's great that the game is out now and people can level to higher levels and see things for themselves.  Yay for truth!

So post some "fact" please. How drastically different are these high level rifts? Low level rifts are a small group of things spawn and you kill them. Then a lower number of stronger things spawn and you kill them in X seconds. Then a single tougher things spawns and you kill it. Done. Sometimes it's a kettle instead of a mob.

What's different in the higher level Rifts?

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

This is what seems to be the biggest problem. People are giving up on the game far too early, figuring that things aren't going to get any harder, complicated, and/or interesting than they are at level 15.

I really don't understand this mentality. Most games start off relatively simple, then get more complicated and interesting the more you play. WoW is no different, heck low level WoW is even more simple than Rift early game, yet no one complains about that.

So post some "fact" please. How drastically different are these high level rifts? Low level rifts are a small group of things spawn and you kill them. Then a lower number of stronger things spawn and you kill them in X seconds. Then a single tougher things spawns and you kill it. Done. Sometimes it's a kettle instead of a mob.

There are plenty of Rifts that are scripted like that.  There's also random rift spawns that open and have objectives that you have to do to close Rifts also.  You will have Rift bosses whom are like instanced bosses that you need to do things to take them down.  If you are expecting a Rift not to have mobs spawning, then you are correct - all rifts spawn mobs.  Stonefield has part of a building show up with bookshelves and such.  Statues appear and lazers shoot out.  Plenty of other variants included in this.

Originally posted by Ceridith

This is what seems to be the biggest problem. People are giving up on the game far too early, figuring that things aren't going to get any harder, complicated, and/or interesting than they are at level 15.

I really don't understand this mentality. Most games start off relatively simple, then get more complicated and interesting the more you play. WoW is no different, heck low level WoW is even more simple than Rift early game, yet no one complains about that.

So many people are playing this game, I wouldn't worry about it.  Game over.  The game is a success and if the endgame continues to be engaging in the long run, Rift will retain its audience.

@watchawatcha

I got to 42 on the beta as Reaver/Paladin/VK or /Beastmaster for basically an auto attack pet and I was afk soloing invasions by aoe and easily soloing rifts including most elites.

I never saw rifts get more complicated. As matter of fact.. Reaver is a tanking class whose damage intake is kept in check by its own self healing. Forget to Soul Sickness or if it misses and you'll quickly see your health drop. Based on this, rifts and especially invasions got easier to solo the more I levelled.

You said "Higher levels", you might have meant 50--level cap, and that's fine if you did. When I encountered a rift--or pretty much any mob in that game, I checked it's level against mine.. +2 = take 2-5 depending on mob type--they won't kill me. +3 = there's something hardcoded to where +3 is supposed to kill you. It takes effort, or luck with the outgoing and incoming hit tables to take a mob +3 levels solo.

• RiftFanRiftFan Member Posts: 239

Originally posted by Deathofsage

@watchawatcha

I got to 42 on the beta as Reaver/Paladin/VK or /Beastmaster for basically an auto attack pet and I was afk soloing invasions by aoe and easily soloing rifts including most elites.

I never saw rifts get more complicated. As matter of fact.. Reaver is a tanking class whose damage intake is kept in check by its own self healing. Forget to Soul Sickness or if it misses and you'll quickly see your health drop. Based on this, rifts and especially invasions got easier to solo the more I levelled.

You said "Higher levels", you might have meant 50--level cap, and that's fine if you did. When I encountered a rift--or pretty much any mob in that game, I checked it's level against mine.. +2 = take 2-5 depending on mob type--they won't kill me. +3 = there's something hardcoded to where +3 is supposed to kill you. It takes effort, or luck with the outgoing and incoming hit tables to take a mob +3 levels solo.

Here is an example:

I approach a water rift in Moonshade. There are 5 NPC's and these non hostile NPC's that look like little squids.

Well when you attack the first npc's his little 10 squid buddies start attacking and doing zero damage until you notice the Debuff called [Thousand Pincers of Doom] <--- I am not lying

This debuff reduces your armor by 5% and I got up to 10 stacks.

The next stage was just fun fun and impossible to solo. So about 5 little crocodile guys appear. When you attack one they start healing each other.

• intheoryintheory Member UncommonPosts: 32

Originally posted by Endo13

Having played quite a bit in the beta and now since head start began, I see two major problems Rift has, that together are going to drive their target market (disillusioned WoW players) right back to where they came from. They're going to have to change these two things, and FAST if they want to keep those players around.

#1. Probably the number one complaint on the rift forums: getting dismounted by mobs. Anything and everything can dismount you, regardless of what mount you're using or what level you are. You can be a level 50 riding past a level 8 mob, get hit twice, and BAM, dismounted. I know I'm not going to put up with that crap long-term, and I'm 100% sure the majority of other players won't either. To make matters worse, the "new" content Rift has that WoW doesn't (rifts....) requires mobility, and running around in the zone. No one wants to have to stop and fight crap en-route to a rift or an invasion boss every 30 seconds.

This issue is really a common sense thing, and honestly I have no clue why it was ever designed like this in the first place.

#2. Large-scale invasion events. The idea is awesome, but their implementation needs some work. Why, you ask? Population. I did see this coming, but I think a lot of other players didn't. You have to have sufficient players to handle the large-scale invasion events. If you don't, your entire zone eventually gets over-run, and you're basically screwed until it's over. During beta, and so far (for the most part) in live it's not been a problem... at least as far as most people can see. That's because the starting zones are huge, and encompass quite a large level range, so there's a lot of players in that zone, and the invasion events are easily handled. The next zone isn't too bad either. But on my shard, in the zone after that there's rarely enough people to handle invasion events, and I've found out all too well how that works out for players. Bottom line is, it doesn't. Some events literally take over the entire zone: questing areas, quest hubs, and roads. You literally can do practically nothing except try completing the invasion event and dieing horribly over and over again because you just don't have enough people. Or, you can simply log out and wait for the event to go away. I don't know about other players, but I know *I* am not going to pay to play a game where I routinely have to log out for 45 minutes or an hour every couple hours simply because there's not enough players to complete the content.

And I can tell you without a doubt, this WILL be how it plays out, unless they fix it. Server/shard population is hard enough to maintain at the crucial balance needed to complete such large-scale content (and at the same time, not cause login queues), but then you also have to worry about zone population. And that, frankly, is impossible to balance because you're inevitably going to get to a point where most active players are level 50, all the low-level zones are routinely overrun, and no one's going to play new characters for very long simply because it's way too frustrating.

The only real solution I can see to this is to parse the zone for population just before the event starts, and scale the event accordingly.

What this post really says:

"People refused to help in my zone, therefore, this game sucks."

Get a guild. Get some people together, and tackle the Rifts. Or you can continue to QQ while your zone is over taken.

You know what's ironic about all of this? People complained in WoW all the time how the PvP was so boring, how the PvE was lame because it was too easy. Nothing with world events was happening. It didn't FEEL like they were always under siege. Now there's a game like WoW where you feel completely undersiege, and people still complain?

W.T.F.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

I'm sending out an SOS

I'm sending out an SOS

Originally posted by RiftFan

Originally posted by Deathofsage

@watchawatcha

Here is an example:

I approach a water rift in Moonshade. There are 5 NPC's and these non hostile NPC's that look like little squids.

Well when you attack the first npc's his little 10 squid buddies start attacking and doing zero damage until you notice the Debuff called [Thousand Pincers of Doom] <--- I am not lying

This debuff reduces your armor by 5% and I got up to 10 stacks.

The next stage was just fun fun and impossible to solo. So about 5 little crocodile guys appear. When you attack one they start healing each other.

I ran into guys like but honestly I had no issue soloing them. Setup to spread diseases and drop them all and without using long-cd powerful aoe's, they died very quickly.  Reaver is definitely a class that = the more you pull, the stronger you are for abilities like Master of the abyss, the high threat aoe that heals and dots, and the aoe healing dots.

I didn't consider it complex because it didn't cause me any issue.

The only things I considered before pulling a mob is if its level was 3+ higher than me--I tried to avoid that--and if it was an elite. Elites took effort but only because they hit hard, they weren't challenging. 

I regretted rolling a tank til about 15 when dps were killing faster and not dying any slower. The talents started to flesh out and I could pull anything.