Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Facebook RvR Pack Promotion

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Warhammer Online team is hoping to build its Facebook presence and give fans a reward in the process. Simply "like" Warhammer Online on Facebook and the price of the RvR pack will drop from $14.99 to $9.99.

This is very simple, like us and $ave. Help us get to 5,000 likes on Facebook, and we will drop the price of the RvR booster double pack from $14.99 to $9.99. Just click here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Official-Warhammer-Online-Age-of-Reckoning/320074732226 and like us. Don’t forget to tell your friends!

Read more here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Not really sure what to make of this they only want 5000 likes surly they would get that anyway without this sort of promotion ?  . I'm kind of hoping Warhammer will go f2play this year some time . Its an ok game but not something I would pay a standard sub for .

• KorithianKorithian Member Posts: 243

Things must be bad if they are looking for 5000 likes. Isn't DA2 going for somewhere in the reigion of 1 million after suceeding in hiting the million downloads. Surely WAR can't be profitable any more.

• SaboterrSaboterr Member Posts: 36

I'd love WAR to go F2P... Is there any solid indication that the game might  go F2P? 

DA2 wanted to reach 1kk downloads of its demo (only accountable when someone logged in with his/hers EA account finished the demo) and then there was something about sharing every post that the DA2 page made from that day, on facebook. But i do not know the numbers...

Just looking around... Hoping GW2's community won't suck :)

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

I guess it will go F2P if they reach less than 50k subs and it should not be far away from that so...

Originally posted by Yamota

I guess it will go F2P if they reach less than 50k subs and it should not be far away from that so...

How many subs are there at the moment ?

• TreekodarTreekodar Member Posts: 524

Originally posted by Saboterr

Nobody knows, but I'm sure the haters will lowball it.

Eleanor Rigby.

• ShaulysShaulys Member Posts: 19

About three.

• ToyImpToyImp Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by Shaulys

About three.

lol

• FailFail Member Posts: 34

"please, like us, we will give you money.... " omg, not exactly making me want to go back to playing WAR

Originally posted by Shaulys

About three.

LOL :P

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

Facebook this, facebook that.  Seriously, facebook is dumb and the way it has changed into a global marketing tool is even more rediculouse.  If you like something, you do not understand how much of your personal information is being shared.

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Originally posted by Dragim

Facebook this, facebook that.  Seriously, facebook is dumb and the way it has changed into a global marketing tool is even more rediculouse.  If you like something, you do not understand how much of your personal information is being shared.

Amen to that .What on earth do people think they are doing putting thier real name up there and adding folk they've never know and then putting up when they go on holiday on thier status . The FB mania cant end soon enough for me .

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Well....before they shut down the official Realm War site, which a really smart player used to pull activity statistics, there were way less than 50K active players.  This was in Januarary.  They maybe had 5-10k active players.  Things have obviously gotten worse since then, with a decent number of WAR players ditching it, in favor of Rift.  I would really be suprised if they had more than 30k subscribers at the moment, maybe even as low as 15k.  No one knows of course, they wont release numbers.

They even went as far as to shut down the Realm War site, saying there was a security hole in it, which is believed to be false.  It's been a few months and they can't fix this security hole?  The REAL reason they shut it down was because players were pulling activity data and using said data to show how dead and imbalanced the servers were.  I was playing on Iron Rock at the time (stopped playing in December), and at certain times we had only maybe 20-50 destruction online.  Also, the Realm War would show many players online, even though they were not.  Winkl (the owner of the activity site), figured out a way to get rid of "ghost" players, and activity numbers dropped by 50%.  Guess what?  The Realm War site was shut down two days later.

I don't think WAR will go F2P.  It's not really set up for it.  EA's customer service is quite horrendus and I do not think they could deal with WAR having a full time cash shop.  What would they sell in this cash shop anyways?  Knowing Mythic, they would offer some uber gear, further ruining the game.  Plus, how long has DAoC and Ultima Online been out?  They still charge premium subs for those games and they will probably continue to do so in War.

Anyways, yeah 5k might not sound like much, but trust me, they probably wont even get that.

• korvasskorvass Member Posts: 616

Wait.. so you pay a subscription, and they also ask you to buy non-expansion content?

That's poor. Very poor.

Paying for an expansion and fluff items, I don't mind, but having to pay extra on top of a sub for actual content.. Wow.

Glad I didn't play this past the free month.

• nepulasnepulas Member UncommonPosts: 218

5000 likes omg , every fuckin emo band can get 5000 likes in a day , but war has only 3.5k lolz ... crap game

Retired : Daoc , Warhammer , WoW , Lotro , Tabula Rasa , Everquest 2 , Aion, Eve , AoC , SW:Tor ( failwars ), Planetside 2
    Waiting : Star Citizen
    Playing : Star Citizen
    FPS : Overwatch

Yt chan : https://www.youtube.com/user/raine187

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

What if they got 10,000 likes? Would they drop it to $4.99? :p

And what's with all the hate? WAR was good, was just a disapointment because we were all hoping for a DAOC2....One day though, eh ?