Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New website

YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Anyone checked out the new website at http://www.3000ad.com/gco?

Looks alot more professional than the old one and gives hope that something is going on with this game even though it was not released in 2010 as previously claimed.

It says Q4-2010 to Q1-2011 now, in their FAQ but we are ending Q1-2011 soon. Lets hope it is coming out atleast Q2-2011 as the game simply sounds awesome. It seems to be a less spreadsheet and more immersive than Eve type of MMO!

Comments

• lantrillantril Member UncommonPosts: 7

Unfortunately, based on his past record, Mr Smart is all mouth and no trousers when it comes to delivering decent, playable games.

And he certainly has plenty of the mouth. He knows exactly what SHOULD make a great game but no idea how to actually put it together.

This does sound like a great game and I hope im proved wrong.

Somehow though I doubt it.

Fingers crossed though eh ?

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

I read somewhere that they've stopped working on this until their other upcoming mmo is released

• VasuNLVasuNL Member UncommonPosts: 1

Originally posted by Karahandras

I read somewhere that they've stopped working on this until their other upcoming mmo is released

Can you find that link, like to know if this is official.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

Originally posted by VasuNL

Originally posted by Karahandras

Can you find that link, like to know if this is official.

It's in the GC forums, a post from derek smart

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:39 AM

View PostBrian Rubin, on 01 February 2011 - 11:51 PM, said:

Really glad to see this game is still in the works. :)

(Mr Smarts response)Yep. It is such a huge undertaking, it's not even funny. Of course I got distracted with Alganon (over at www.qol.com) and also decided to move forward with Line Of Defense in the interim. But yeah, GCO is my next game after LOD. I promise. :)

If you want to read the full thread you can access it either via the galactic command website or the 3000ad website and then general discussions -> galactic command online

• GandrellGandrell Member Posts: 22

Originally posted by lantril

Unfortunately, based on his past record, Mr Smart is all mouth and no trousers when it comes to delivering decent, playable games.

And he certainly has plenty of the mouth. He knows exactly what SHOULD make a great game but no idea how to actually put it together.

This does sound like a great game and I hope im proved wrong.

Somehow though I doubt it.

Fingers crossed though eh ?

Can't really say I like the guy much or have a lot of faith with what he can do eather but, I will keep and eye on this as well as LOD. Deff though will not be preordering his games any time soon! The website also looks horrid. I hope they are not planning to leave it looking that way?