Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, how long have you played and what level are you?

Comments

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by jpnole

Over half the posters in this thread so far have failed to follow the instructions of the OP. Couldn't help but notice. If everyone would simply type "/played" into their chat then we could get an accurate time per level... which is what the OP was looking for.

heh. yeah, I noticed that too. What you said is indeed what I was looking for, the number of hours that typing in '/played' will give you as result.

Nobody reached L40 yet?

I read some surveys that stated that the average MMORPG gamer plays 25 hours a week (20 hrs avg for WoW, 27 hrs measured for EQ2 a number of years ago), and hardcore MMO gamers 40+ hours a week.

I don't know how launch of an MMORPG affects those figures, but I'm guessing the hours will be somewhat higher.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• gymakogymako Member Posts: 4

/played = 15 Hours

Level 14 Rogue - Nightblade/Riftstalker/Bard

Very casual player. Spent a good few hours just on artifact hunting, crafting and maximizing skill rotations.

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154

/played = 1day 5hours 44 minutes.

Level 26 Warrior.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand

Seems like  it takes an average hour  per level, 30 hours up to level 30.

Will be interesting to see how long it'll take from L30 to L40, an average 2 hours a level? And for L40 to L50 an average 3 hours per level?

Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

68.5 /played to level 36, Bladedancer/Riftstalker/Assassin.

Minus a little time crafting and browsing AH, about 8 hours from level 34 to 36 and already  /played 71 Hours-50 Minutes halfway to level 37. So, the leveling curve is getting steeper.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

I keep forgetting everyday to check my /played. I suppose I'm not the average guy though, since I don't abandon quests when they turn grey. I actually do everything I can find regardless of colour coding..

Originally posted by Xasapis

I keep forgetting everyday to check my /played. I suppose I'm not the average guy though, since I don't abandon quests when they turn grey. I actually do everything I can find regardless of colour coding..

Heh, what's average? It only means you're not a power leveler but a very large group of MMO gamers isn't image

If you can check your /played time in the upcoming few days that'd be great.

Originally posted by fiontar

Minus a little time crafting and browsing AH, about 8 hours from level 34 to 36 and already  /played 71 Hours-50 Minutes halfway to level 37. So, the leveling curve is getting steeper.

Ah, so 3-4 hrs per level from L30+ ?

Interesting.

Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

Originally posted by Xasapis

Heh, what's average? It only means you're not a power leveler but a very large group of MMO gamers isn't image

If you can check your /played time in the upcoming few days that'd be great.

Originally posted by fiontar

Ah, so 3-4 hrs per level from L30+ ?

Interesting.

Looks like 36-37 will be 7 hours +, so the curve is becoming steep, which is to be expected with about a quarter of the level range to cap left to go.

Side note, there are two 35-40 zones available, along with a free port to Portal location of the one located behind enemy lines. So, that was nice. I was afraid that the content would spilt, with some of the high level zones reserved for one faction or the other.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

Well, some speed levelers managed to reach L50 within 3 days, so it can be done in 60-70 hrs apparently.

ALthough I'll be curious to know how large the gap is between the first gamers to reach L50 and the normal, active gamers in hours played to reach L50.

• KilmarKilmar Member UncommonPosts: 844
    I dont think, normal players are 30+ yet. I'm 38 though :(

I'm 37, gained 4 levels since yesterday. I may not be as casual as I may appear to be, hehe.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

This doesn't help too much.

8 hours

Level 14

Cleric (shaman/druid/DENTINEL) =P

• vladwwvladww Member UncommonPosts: 417

Oh the joy of gettin 5lvls / day,

outleveling your quests turning grey,

outleveling your gear in a matter of hours..

Once upon a time there was EQ1, where getting a single level was a joyful achievement

Where getting a new piece of armor that would last for weeks

where looting or buying a new weapon was a stepstone and became part of your character.

Welcome to Rift, the new fast food clone version of mmorpg.

Glad you like it lol

Playing : Uncharted Waters Online

Originally posted by vladww

Once upon a time there was EQ1, where getting a single level was a joyful achievement

where looting or buying a new weapon was a stepstone and became part of your character.

Glad you like it lol

That's the difference between you and me. You need your quests to be exp giving, I don't mind if they are grey, I just do them to see where the story leads to.

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

Level 30...in game time i think was 40 hours

Just hit level 37 and /played is now at 73 Hours. (About 4 1/2 hours for that level).

• SanguinarioSanguinario Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by vladww

Glad you like it lol

Granted that Rift does give up gear very easily. However, it doesn't solely rely on giving players easy achievments. In terms of content, and Lore, it is arguably better than EQ.

• IzorkIzork Member UncommonPosts: 381

During headstart I achieved this:

Lv. 21 Cleric Defiant on Whitefall 16 hours /played (Loads of people in start, upped the /played a lot)

Lv. 46 Warrior Defiant on Imperium 2 days 18 hours /played

Now I have to take a break till mid next week - box will first arrrive then!! /CRY

• Warlord33Warlord33 Member Posts: 79

Been playing 13 Hours 55 Minutes

Lvl 16 Rogue - Nightblade/ Ranger/ Marksman

• felorefelore Member Posts: 222

since the beginning of head start   i have a 21 bard and a 22 ranger (if i had known about role changing i wouldnt of made the ranger o well) =)

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Since headstart 20 marksman and 10 pyromancer. No need to rush to max level anytime soon.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Been playing since Friday night of the Head Start period.

probably about 26 hours or so, can't get into the game right now "its' updating".

lvl 24

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • xxpeddyxxxxpeddyxx Member Posts: 52

Since headstart, work 6 days a week. Currently 36, nearly 37. Play several hours whenever I get the chance.

• NeikenNeiken Member Posts: 254

Ding'd 41 yesterday. My outfitting is 50 points from 300. I had to take a break today cause ive been going hard since head start. Back to the grind tomorrow. 50 by monday, tuesday the latest.

Level 38, Played hours (/played) 78, (3 days, 6 hours).

I'm guessing some people who reached the 40s in 2days played or less probably benefited from the XP bugs/exploits they closed.