Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GDC. Take a look at Cryengine 3.... and some surprise MMO!

check out the engine here: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-11-cryengine-3/711208

absolutely stunning.

check out licensed gaming projects on the engine here:  http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-11-cryengine-3/711210

Pay special attention to the Unknown MMO game running on the Cryengine 3. Soms scenes remind me of Uncharted 2.

Also the game ArcheAge Online that has been known for running on the Cryengine 2, will make the step to Cryengine 3. What we can expect from the update is still unknown.

Comments

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

That video was pretty impressive.  The lighting effects look great!

EDIT: Holy crap Arche Age in the second vid!  yay!

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827

About time we get some games for PC that finally give us or damn DX 11 looks great most of them yes.

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

• TheIllusiveTheIllusive Member Posts: 196

Originally posted by Evasia

About time we get some games for PC that finally give us or damn DX 11 looks great most of them yes.

yeh agree :)  very curious how ArcheAge Online will be upgraded with the Cryengine 3.

• SfaliaraSfaliara Member Posts: 438

I know Cabal 2 will be using CryEngine 3..

EDIT: Oops, commented before seeing the video, didn't expect them to show the game at allimage

• ExploriumExplorium Member Posts: 395

I lost my virginity to those two videos...

Check out my nature/animal/relaxing music channel on Youtube!

My game channel on Youtube!
    http://www.youtube.com/vendayn

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

My PC just blew up..

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Some of  those games looked downright terrible (S.W.A.T.) and wasn't this Archeage footage Cry2.  I mean I've seen the videos they took that from and those have been out for a very long time now.  But the other TBA MMO looked amazing (Archeage did too, but I think they are misbranding).

• IneveraskforthisIneveraskforthis Member Posts: 374

The chinese theme MMO looks pretty good

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

The street scenes in that work in progress rpg look like they are from Butterfly Sword Online.image

• RedencionRedencion Member Posts: 41

Originally posted by TheIllusive

yeh agree :)  very curious how ArcheAge Online will be upgraded with the Cryengine 3.

making MMOs that 49% PCs worldwide will move at snails' pace and 49% PCs will implode when tryin to launch

great idea or greatest idea?

apparently devs havent learned jack from Dark and Light or Vanguard. Push for the limit with the specs and you have effectively shut the door for the vast majority of your target audience.

not to mention, when has eyecandy meant a good game? afaict, never, when devs focus on shining the game mechanics hurt...

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

It's all about scalability. An engine that can't scale up depending on your machine or scale up depending on future improvements ends up being junk after a number of years, especially in the MMO space, where you have these games running for decades.

• WuushuWuushu Member CommonPosts: 53

You don't build an MMO-engine to be futureproof for "decades" ahead. Simply not possible knowing what techniques/hardware will exist in 10 years time. However updating it with frequent intervals is the way to go. :)

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Well, MMOs are long term projects. When you start building one you're looking at a 3-5 years period before you actually launch and then you expect the game to hold strong for at least 3 years. So planning ahead for a decade or more is not that far fetched.

• TheIllusiveTheIllusive Member Posts: 196

Originally posted by Redencion

Originally posted by TheIllusive

making MMOs that 49% PCs worldwide will move at snails' pace and 49% PCs will implode when tryin to launch

great idea or greatest idea?

apparently devs havent learned jack from Dark and Light or Vanguard. Push for the limit with the specs and you have effectively shut the door for the vast majority of your target audience.

not to mention, when has eyecandy meant a good game? afaict, never, when devs focus on shining the game mechanics hurt...

I don't think you understand it well. First off, The Cryengine 3 runs ALLOT smoother than the Cryengine 2, so it is actually decreasing the system specs. Second off, maxing out graphics is only for the people who actually can. You DON'T have to. If you have an 3/4 yeard old PC it will run fine, on low (and even than it will look better than most MMO's out there). Besides, many people want good graphics.

• i hope entropia universe goes from cryengine2---->cryengine3

• Deto123Deto123 Member Posts: 689

Very impressive. Arch age that is one game I cannot wait for.