Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Roleplaying In RIFT?

Mystik86Mystik86 Member CommonPosts: 380

Before I even consider buying I am wondering if anyone plans to roleplay in RIFT and if it's at all viable for a roleplayer to join in on this game.

Comments

•  

Faeblight is an RP-PVE NA server that is one of the most popular servers. I have rolled characters on there during headstart and beta.

I was roleplaying a dwarven armourer tonight trying to sell my services using /say in Sanctum (main Guardian city). Was quite fun and another dwarf roleplayed with me for a bit.

I've also heard conversations that were the kind of heavy RP that some people find scary.

When I said in chat that I was interested in RP I was invited to an RP guild instantly.

All in all, I think you'd find what you were looking for on Faeblight.

• ShadinShadin Member CommonPosts: 294

I'm planning to roleplay and have rolled on Firesand EU RP-PvP. Unfortunately the RP community there seems small at best and I personally amd planning to reroll on Argent EU RP-PvE instead since it seems that most EU roleplayers will be gathering there and I know a few damn good roleplayers who are starting up there.

• KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414

There is a site for Rift Roleplayers that I recommend

http://riftrp.net/

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch

• RiftFanRiftFan Member Posts: 239

People who troll you on RP servers can be reported and Trion does deal with them. There are two

types pvpRP and pveRP.

• AmbreAmbre Member UncommonPosts: 104

I play on a RP server, and while the community is really nice I still have to read a single "roleplayed" line in the chat. Most of the Roleplaying is done in closed groups of dedicated RPers nowadays and they don't do it with "strangers". That's fairly understandable. But I'm sure that if you join a RP server on Rift and look for a dedicated RP guild you'll find what you're looking for.

Check my blog on mmorpg.com.

• Originally posted by Ambre

I play on a RP server, and while the community is really nice I still have to read a single "roleplayed" line in the chat. Most of the Roleplaying is done in closed groups of dedicated RPers nowadays and they don't do it with "strangers". That's fairly understandable. But I'm sure that if you join a RP server on Rift and look for a dedicated RP guild you'll find what you're looking for.

I've seen it in Sanctum.

Also, I forgot to mention that one night I saw a general invitation to an RP event in an Inn somewhere, open to all.

• ErstokErstok Member Posts: 523

In beta even in PVE servers people RPed typically even in regular chat. I'm figuring now that it's released and getting closer to it's full release probably still see people who RP.

When did you start playing "old school" MMO's. World Of Warcraft?

• TheFarseerTheFarseer Member Posts: 97

Plenty of RPers on Sunrest.