Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Game Update v1.4.1 Coming March 1

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Warhammer Online devs have announced that v1.4.1 will be deployed on all servers on Tuesday, March 1, 2011. The new patch will bring several important changes including a new claim window for account entitlements, armor changes and something called "scenario shakeup".

Scenario Shakeup

The battle has shifted!  With the advent of 1.4.1, the lineup of the Scenario offering will be changing.  A number of old scenarios are making their return, some are retiring for the moment, and others are shifting tiers.  For a full list of the new line-up, see the RVR section.

Read more here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• mad-hattermad-hatter Member UncommonPosts: 241

Game would had been better without scenarios at all.  Or, at the very least, static battlegrounds like DAOC had.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

Originally posted by mad-hatter

Game would had been better without scenarios at all.  Or, at the very least, static battlegrounds like DAOC had.

Would have been better if they had just made it DAoC with a warhammer skin tbh.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• Oy-jordOy-jord Member UncommonPosts: 44

Originally posted by bunnyhopper

Originally posted by mad-hatter

Would have been better if they had just made it DAoC with a warhammer skin tbh.

QFT.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

Just thinking about the mass exodus that happened to this game at end game has me slightly worried about the public perception of Rift at end game and what the reaction will be..

I don't think the industry can absorb much more of that 2 month boom and then exodus, especially on this pay monthly mentality..

I can see major companies eventually shifting to the Guild Wars formula, probably with an added cash shop..

• spider76spider76 Member UncommonPosts: 3

Cant wait for the "Worn Sov" armor set and the scenario shakeup :-)

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

The mass exodus, or at least the last big migration, happened after EAMythic's billing system billed people multiple times (seen up to 20 times, and some of the 20 times were 6 month renewals).  Its my understanding that this was a new system EA put into place.  Lets hope they dont use it for SWTOR.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• SeffrenSeffren Member Posts: 743

Originally posted by Vyeth

Just thinking about the mass exodus that happened to this game at end game has me slightly worried about the public perception of Rift at end game and what the reaction will be..

I don't think the industry can absorb much more of that 2 month boom and then exodus, especially on this pay monthly mentality..

I can see major companies eventually shifting to the Guild Wars formula, probably with an added cash shop..

I can understand your worry in regards to the mass exodus event  but what I don't get is where you link this to Rift when we are in a thread for WAR?

Wouldn't this be a worry for all games that release?

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

Originally posted by Seffren

I can understand your worry in regards to the mass exodus event  but what I don't get is where you link this to Rift when we are in a thread for WAR?

The situations seem so similar.. They are even adding lots of more servers for another "launch day" flood.. They did this is warhammer as well, and those new servers were left pretty empty and people rolled on them and got frustrated at lack of pop.. They took their time offering transfers and people left.. Just as others were reaching end game and all leaving as well..

Warhammer had tons of servers when it started and it also had queue times etc.. Just like what we are seeing now.. It would dissapoint me to see yet again, this opening boom to end up being 4 servers...

I dunno.. It just makes me wonder about the industry's methods of sustaining themselves.. Can they rely on money from subscriptions anymore?

• fallonfallonfallonfallon Member Posts: 99

Just started playing this a couple of weeks ago. Besides the lack of population i actualy enjoy the game very much. Im only in T2 atm but RVR  has been loads of fun. I heard that badlands was the most populated , but to be honest the past week Gorefang has been more populated.

I look foward to the new changes and hope it might bring back some old players. Especialy on Order. Having no order to kill in RVR is starting to suck. lmao! 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i really wanted to play this game (love the graphics, races, classes, maps), but i dont feel like paying for it..... i rather pay for something else. Maybe if it improves to a lvl that can safely compete with behemoth WoW and now as well with Rift and other newcomers i would believe it defo worth the subscription and play it.... for now, ill sadly keep distance from it

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381

Scenarios ruined this game. The devs are too retarded to realize or its the cheapest way they can "release new content" either way. The game is dead.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Originally posted by Seffren

The situations seem so similar.. They are even adding lots of more servers for another "launch day" flood.. They did this is warhammer as well, and those new servers were left pretty empty and people rolled on them and got frustrated at lack of pop.. They took their time offering transfers and people left.. Just as others were reaching end game and all leaving as well..

Warhammer had tons of servers when it started and it also had queue times etc.. Just like what we are seeing now.. It would dissapoint me to see yet again, this opening boom to end up being 4 servers...

I dunno.. It just makes me wonder about the industry's methods of sustaining themselves.. Can they rely on money from subscriptions anymore?

Hopefully Trion will be ahead of the game here.  The problem(s) Warhammer faced were multiple.  It was released too early, and endgame was an unfinished mess.  Mythic really promoted the heck out of their PVP - and when you finally got there  -  . . .  you couldn't.  It is SO much more stable now - it's sad really - if the released game played as well as it does now (or even a year ago) - I really think the subscriber retention would have been significantly better.

It's too bad that the game really seems to be just in survival mode now.  I doubt EA would be willing to do anything to assist it now, and that's sad - since I still think it could be a player with a decent market share!

• KingdouglasKingdouglas Member Posts: 81

Originally posted by ZigZags

The game is dead.

I'm going to guess that you stopped playing the game, i'm sure the game is dead to you. On the server I am on the game is not dead. Some things are really crap tho.