Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

A step in the right direction

ReallyNow10ReallyNow10 Pile It High Town, LAPosts: 2,010Member Common

Shared dynamic content is a refreshing relief from the scripted force-fed instanced gaming we have been getting for the past few years.  Still, would like to see TRION or someone take things a step further and deliver a world, and just scrap the rails entirely.

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Edmonds, WAPosts: 2,356Member Uncommon

I completely agree. Although the rails aren't too bad all the time.

• AmbreAmbre ParisPosts: 104Member

Yep exactly. Vanguard was the closest thing I played those last years that felt like "a world" you were free to explore and not rails with some decor put around.

When I played Rift beta, there were rails, but also sometimes it could feel like there was a world, past the 20s I had this VG feel once or twice. I didnt go far enough to see if it persists or not, because I'm not big on betas where your toon gonna be erased. So now we'll have to wait and check by ourselves how everything plays out.

But sure the dynamic part is very welcome. During beta it felt generic though (Rifts I participated were basicly always the same PQ recycled). But I hope it has more under its sleeve and they gonna use this dynamic part to surprise us later.

Check my blog on mmorpg.com.

• MelbolgiaMelbolgia Winnipeg, MBPosts: 2Member

Considering the amount of attention RIFT has gotten I am sure in the next year or so the game will undergo some exciting patch work to keep/get fans interested.

• donjuanamigodonjuanamigo New Orleans, LAPosts: 256Member

i actually enjoy the rifts in the game. yes, its pretty much the same thing over and over again but you never know when they are going to pop up and at what level. the invasions are pretty cool as well. the whole map has rifts popped up everywhere and you can see the direction the invasion forces are heading. pretty cool concept if you ask me. keeps me busy and its fun.