Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Miracles are real.

GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/activity-report-feb-25/

Combined with the last few Blog posts. Outstanding.

Comments

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

the bit about not being able to do 100% of everything at once is a BIG step in the right direction

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

Very impressive. Especially this:

"  Wears will be categorized in three groups. Heavy Armors, Light Armors and Robes. Each one of these groups will block specific skills and magic schools, while enhancing other parts of the gameplay.... You can still do everything in Darkfall, but not simultaneously."

along w/ the allignment system changes... awesome

unfortunatly with my limited time I still probably don't have the time right now to play the game.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• VaenVaen Member Posts: 140

Huge respect for Aventurine... I somehow knew this game would eventually have it's place in the industry long before the release. DF and EVE are and will propably be the only games to keep the old schoolers happy, even if they may be far from perfect. I'd prefer a skill cap type of system in both games, but their current systems work very well too. I'd resub right away, if I had the time and a stable connection.

• jadedlevirjadedlevir Member Posts: 628

Only  things that annoye me about allignment( the new one) is that I don't think it will be enough tbh. You can go to the church everday and pay gold? If the cost is not steep, it will not be enough. They need to buff npc cities, add dailies their or something, as well as expand the vendors for smaller clans/players. Also, why will healing still not mark you rogue? This makes no sense, im glad their changing the debuff, but I've seen more people heal their gank partner while they steal all the noobies stuff.

Armor changes are great, if they are balanced, it will be amazing. I image at the people on forumfall saying having to choose between playstyles will make it a themepark... You still have the freedom to play anything in the game, you just have to make actual choices with consequences *gasp*.

But really, these are all great changes. I can actually tell the newbies i run into to play how they like to play. Death of Quakefall?

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

Just a few things we'll be seeing soon, before the major expansion and relaunch.

Alignment changes;

-Players will no longer be able to flip from -100 alignment to 10+ alignment, the new system could theorectically take weeks to months to archieve this, giving red a real meaning.

-Having to pay a sum of gold and wait each day means players will think twice before killing random new players or people not farming anything of REAL value. YAY.

-No trade/race alliance, no friendly NPC cities combined with undisclosed reasons to stay blue will make being red a serious choice and commitment. You can be the bandit player but there will be consequences. R.I.P. Gankfall online

-Chaos cities will once more be populated and have meaning in the game, although chaos cities near valuable spawns are already inhabited

-Alignment loss from debuffing is clearly the first of many small things to fix griefing situations, hopefully more will follow as they are needed

Information Interface;

-Being able to see politics, player vendors (what items and what price and location) is going to be refreshing.

-Trading will become easier with this feature

I'd give you an amazing list of how the expansion will transform this game from a PvP death match is a real breathing sandbox but it'd deserve a new thread of its own. AV, awesome developers.

• 0guz0guz Member UncommonPosts: 287

this is great news :)

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

i like what i hear.

what about new character models and animations?

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

i like what i hear.

what about new character models and animations?

That is stuff will be coming with expansion (which is scheduled for early second quartal of 2011) . The stuff in activity report will be here prior to expac in next patches.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

What the above poster said, this stuff isn't part of the expansion its just separate patches developed at the same time.

Expansion will be about introducing diversity, huge graphics boost(inc animations.models), performance boosting, UI, REDOING THE ENTIRE WORLD AND ALL ITS CITIES AND AREAS. Questing and siege mechanics. That's off the top of my head.

• Harleking89Harleking89 Member Posts: 68

Oh my, these changes look good, really good. Makes me excited, prolly gonna try it again and see what happens.

All it takes is one bad day.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Sounds very good.

Indy games get a lot better with the years as they are much more to a company than just 'the current project', so who knows, ... DF might yet become another EVE, improvement and polish wise.

So far I've been holding off but it's real tempting to try the game when this expansion hits.

• HolaHolaHolaHola Member Posts: 68

When the expansion hits i will try it again. Sounds good.

Playing: League of Legends!

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

I have to hand it to AV, they have certainly got their shit together recently and the game *crosses fingers* looks to have a promising future if they keep this up.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• LumanilLumanil Member Posts: 110

Originally posted by jadedlevir

Only  things that annoye me about allignment( the new one) is that I don't think it will be enough tbh. You can go to the church everday and pay gold? If the cost is not steep, it will not be enough. They need to buff npc cities, add dailies their or something, as well as expand the vendors for smaller clans/players. Also, why will healing still not mark you rogue? This makes no sense, im glad their changing the debuff, but I've seen more people heal their gank partner while they steal all the noobies stuff.

Armor changes are great, if they are balanced, it will be amazing. I image at the people on forumfall saying having to choose between playstyles will make it a themepark... You still have the freedom to play anything in the game, you just have to make actual choices with consequences *gasp*.

But really, these are all great changes. I can actually tell the newbies i run into to play how they like to play. Death of Quakefall?

You shouldn't think that these changes are the end of everything.

These changes are more of a fresh start for the alignment system. I'm sure more changes will follow. 

However these changes are a step in the right direction. They already said, that you can only redeem only 1 point of alignment per day, so reds will have to spend much time and gold into becomming blue again.

And yes, armor changes are great. But again most people ( especially forumfallers ) don't have the foresight, that the upcoming changes are only the first of many ( needed ) changes. 

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

Originally posted by Lumanil

These changes are more of a fresh start for the alignment system. I'm sure more changes will follow. 

However these changes are a step in the right direction. They already said, that you can only redeem only 1 point of alignment per day, so reds will have to spend much time and gold into becomming blue again.

And yes, armor changes are great. But again most people ( especially forumfallers ) don't have the foresight, that the upcoming changes are only the first of many ( needed ) changes. 

What people seem to forget when it comes to strong penalities for going red is warfare. When you are blue and you are in a seige with 50 enamies some of which do not have a war status with you and you are casting spells all over the place you cant realistically keep up with how many blues you killed accidently.

Keep in mind, large scale warfare and seiges is the main aspect of this game, its not a side note so this is a thing...

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

Great changes coming to be sure but I see little here other then fluff to finally put an end to DFOs beta stage. Hopefully once everything is said and done theres more to do ingame then mindlessly killin mobs, crafting, or running around an empty world looking for a fight. DFO seriously lacks "things to do". Until AV addresses this, I'll be spending  my $ somewhere else. 

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

Originally posted by EndDream

Very impressive. Especially this:

"  Wears will be categorized in three groups. Heavy Armors, Light Armors and Robes. Each one of these groups will block specific skills and magic schools, while enhancing other parts of the gameplay.... You can still do everything in Darkfall, but not simultaneously."

along w/ the allignment system changes... awesome

unfortunatly with my limited time I still probably don't have the time right now to play the game.

Going to be fun to play around with.

Hopefully nothing too broken. image

But then there can be fun in that too.

PVP is the game's core. Arene to me means the code name for 'play-styles' that can win 1vs1 or specialize in group vs. group. MOre options. MOrE oPTIOns!!! please! ; )

Don't forget the melee and archery love AV!

I want to be a paladin that doesn +melee with +heals someday. Aiming melee is hard enough as is. Would be a fun option.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Originally posted by Greymoor

Just a few things we'll be seeing soon, before the major expansion and relaunch.

Alignment changes;

-Players will no longer be able to flip from -100 alignment to 10+ alignment, the new system could theorectically take weeks to months to archieve this, giving red a real meaning.

-Having to pay a sum of gold and wait each day means players will think twice before killing random new players or people not farming anything of REAL value. YAY.

-No trade/race alliance, no friendly NPC cities combined with undisclosed reasons to stay blue will make being red a serious choice and commitment. You can be the bandit player but there will be consequences. R.I.P. Gankfall online

-Chaos cities will once more be populated and have meaning in the game, although chaos cities near valuable spawns are already inhabited

-Alignment loss from debuffing is clearly the first of many small things to fix griefing situations, hopefully more will follow as they are needed

Information Interface;

-Being able to see politics, player vendors (what items and what price and location) is going to be refreshing.

I'd give you an amazing list of how the expansion will transform this game from a PvP death match is a real breathing sandbox but it'd deserve a new thread of its own. AV, awesome developers.

Sure the alignment chages are realyl a step in the right direction but for the time being everyone is still gonig to be red as during clan wars you always end up having blue enemies mixed in with the reds so you will always loose alignment in clan/alliance battles..

So yes tis a step in the right direction but at the moment it wont realyl change anything..

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

I will wait before declaring a miracle when I actually see the new character models and GUI in the game rather in a text or a demo.

Will resub if they are on par with other modern games out there.

Originally posted by Caldrin

Alignment changes;

Information Interface;

Sure the alignment chages are realyl a step in the right direction but for the time being everyone is still gonig to be red as during clan wars you always end up having blue enemies mixed in with the reds so you will always loose alignment in clan/alliance battles..

So yes tis a step in the right direction but at the moment it wont realyl change anything..

You're correct, during clan wars if your leaders fail to wardec all enemies present chances are you will end up being red. This is not a bad thing, in war bad acts are commited and you must redeem yourself.

By having such a large number of people going red when they don't want to be mean chaos cities and churches will become more populated during the day. More traffic and more PvP hot spots.

People will want to stay blue so they can access quest titles and NPC cities, so they don't lose TRADE and CA chat and for the extra incentives to remain blue AV are planning to add. Not to mention the fact red players can be ganked without repercussion anywhere.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Sounds good. If they fix the horrible performance of the game, enginewise, and with some of these changes I might just give it another try when the expac hits :)

I like that they want to make ganking a choice. Every choice needs to have consequences. That's the difference between freedom and anarchy. In an anarchy you do whatever you like without having to face the consequences of your actions.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Originally posted by fivoroth

Sounds good. If they fix the horrible performance of the game, enginewise, and with some of these changes I might just give it another try when the expac hits :)

I like that they want to make ganking a choice. Every choice needs to have consequences. That's the difference between freedom and anarchy. In an anarchy you do whatever you like without having to face the consequences of your actions.

Well they're doing a new UI which we have been told will be more efficient, the curent UI uses up 20-30FPS (LOLOLOLOL)

They're redoing the world but also optimising every bit of terrain, I can't find the source for this part but apprently they're making dual-cores work fully too. AV built their own engine and are capable of changing it faster than other developers.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by SEANMCAD

What people seem to forget when it comes to strong penalities for going red is warfare. When you are blue and you are in a seige with 50 enamies some of which do not have a war status with you and you are casting spells all over the place you cant realistically keep up with how many blues you killed accidently.

Keep in mind, large scale warfare and seiges is the main aspect of this game, its not a side note so this is a thing...

Somehow, places where there is a siege ongoing should be declared a war zone and as such collateral damage should not give any alignment hits.

Originally posted by Yamota

Originally posted by SEANMCAD

Somehow, places where there is a siege ongoing should be declared a war zone and as such collateral damage should not give any alignment hits.

I agree but I don't see us getting that mechanic any time soon (sad face) but I guess it forces want to be blue players to explore and use different parts of the world. You're idea would be the most preferable option though.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Originally posted by fivoroth

Well they're doing a new UI which we have been told will be more efficient, the curent UI uses up 20-30FPS (LOLOLOLOL)

They're redoing the world but also optimising every bit of terrain, I can't find the source for this part but apprently they're making dual-cores work fully too. AV built their own engine and are capable of changing it faster than other developers.

I wandered why I was getting so crappy FPS. That's one of the main reasons I gave up on the game. I can put up with bad graphics but when the game runs so badly I simply can't play it :)

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.