Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Norn Q&A and Fly Through Video

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Arena.Net and NCSoft have released a new in-house Q&A with Jeff Grubb, Continuity and Lore Designer, Ree Soesbee, Continuity and Lore Designer, Eric Flannum, Lead Game Designer and Bobby Stein, Writing Team Lead. The brief Q&A features the Norn, the hearty humanoids from the Shiverpeaks. Check it out along with a fly through video of the Norn starting area.

Q: Why should a Guild Wars 2 player pick a norn character? In game terms, what distinguishes norn from humans and other playable races in the game?

Eric Flannum: A player should pick a norn if they want to play a larger than life character. Norn do everything to extremes and they live life to its fullest. To a norn, the journey is more important than the destination and one should always live in the moment. In game terms, norn player will have access to skills that draw upon their reverence for the spirits of the wild. This means that norn will be able to call upon the spirits and take bear, raven, snow leopard, and wolf form. Beyond taking animal form, the norn can use their affinity with nature in smaller ways as well. For example, a norn can call upon the wurm spirit to summon a temporary pet wurm.

Read more Guild Wars 2: Norn Q&A and Fly Through Video.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

I decided long ago Norn will be first race for me to play.

Shapeshifting nordic giants ... who can say no to that :D

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Not me! :)

We ARE Norn!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

Great read and lovely norn trailer.

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

I think my norn will be the strong silent type rather than loud and arrogant. lolz

• peacekraftpeacekraft Member Posts: 189

Looking forward to playing a Norn so much. I don't often feel much connection with mmorpg races but the Norn just have that something. BY THE BEAR!

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

We are Norn, we do not need pretty beaches with bikini babes walking around, we have got SNOW!

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Originally posted by Alot

We are Norn, we do not need pretty beaches with bikini babes walking around, we have got SNOW!

you don't need bikini babes walking around? O.o?

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • FreeBooteRFreeBooteR Member Posts: 333

No we don't need beach babes, we have 3m tall snow bunnies!

Archlinux ftw

• SkanomoduSkanomodu Member Posts: 26

What about bikini babes in the snow? They'll need someone to keep them warm ;)

Anyway, NORN ALL THE WAY! xD

• NazgolNazgol Member Posts: 864

Sorry I have not been following this game, to they actually shape shift in game?

In Bioware we trust!

• SkanomoduSkanomodu Member Posts: 26

The Norn do :D

• jaycorulesjaycorules Member Posts: 12

"and Fly Through Video" Where????

• korvasskorvass Member Posts: 616

I think the racial interest GW2 is generating is a great testiment to the writing and creative skills of ArenaNet's staff.

(Totally gonna make a Norn!)

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Click the first image in the story OR go here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716

The Norn will be the race of Epic in the meaning they are going to be one of the races that fit well into the world. The race of the Norn will forever be the act of one norn not the many.

Still cant wait to see the rest of the race videos Sylvari is the race I am waiting for the most tho cause they are a new race in the world of Tyria and are the most unknown race.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• ZenakouZenakou Member Posts: 50

I can has GW2 and a norn ranger now?

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

The Norn just look so bad ass. Definitely rolling a Norn for my first character.

• ClobClob Member Posts: 130

Originally posted by Nazgol

Sorry I have not been following this game, to they actually shape shift in game?

Yes, the norn will shapeshift.  Racial skills for the norn include Bear, Raven, Snow Leopard and Wolf forms (as currently planned for initial release).  The form won't be the actual animal, but that of something like a "were" version - elements of the animal.  i.e. the player will not become a raven but a beast of raven-like form.

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

and there will be norn starting area demo at PAX East so all norn lovers out there rejoice!

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• bisurgebisurge Member UncommonPosts: 168

Definitely Charr or Norn for me. Being human/moogle is boring, and being a tree isn't that great either.

• supbrosupbro Member Posts: 327

This game has that epic feel to it. Cant wait to actually play a next gen game its been a while.

GW2 the future of MMO gaming

• Grigor_BronGrigor_Bron Member Posts: 129

I'm glad to see I'll have some company at Holbrak. I decided I wanted to be a norn while playing Eye of the North, back when this game was just a metallic "2" over a Tyrian world map.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

I really wish that Norn doesn't look like human so much, other than the body size =

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• Dagga07Dagga07 Member Posts: 16

Game just keeps on looking more and more amazing. Norn were my decided race from day one, can't wait to play them. Snow Leopard Ranger ftw!