Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All Points Bulletin: Beta Application Keys Coming This Week

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

A new post is on the APB Reloaded blog site with information about the beta application keys to be sent out this week. Beta application keys, according to the blog, are different than actual beta keys in that they allow players to apply for access to the beta. The new blog post goes into more detail about the process recipients need to go through to gain access to the beta.

First and foremost we want to be clear that Beta Application Keys guarantees that you will have a chance to APPLY for access to the APB Reloaded Closed Beta, regardless of how you received your key (from us, through one of our media partners like IGN or from fan sites, since we will be handing out application keys in the next few days to select partner sites as well).

The closed beta is an important final testing step in our development process that requires a number of diverse system specifications, locations, languages and OS configs. Due to the need to test many diverse configurations, every individual we admit to the closed beta will be selected in accordance with the need to test various parameters (therefore; giving us false info, such as claiming you are close to a server when in fact you are far away will be of no help in improving your chances of getting admitted, since we might in fact NEED people that are far away for certain tests). And because we had such LARGE number of people apply (150,000+), we need to slowly roll out the beta in several waves.

Read more here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

Saw the post this morning. Can't wait argh! I keep buying games to fill the gap, so please APB, come back!

• KebeckKebeck Member Posts: 323

Same here.. Keep watching my emails since febuary 15... Seems I'll have a couple more days to wait...

• Radar11xRadar11x Member UncommonPosts: 118

cool beanz

• zadubivzadubiv Member Posts: 1

wah-wah

• Gither79Gither79 Member UncommonPosts: 55

woohoo

• MagickHaruMagickHaru Member Posts: 2

We heard you like beta keys so we put a beta key in your beta key!

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Originally posted by causs

Saw the post this morning. Can't wait argh! I keep buying games to fill the gap, so please APB, come back!

You'll change your opinion of it after you spend some time with G1....

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• TheUnknownMTheUnknownM Member UncommonPosts: 29

I can't wait to play this again

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

ok so .....this is the second launch of this game? it tanked pretty hard the first time, what exactly have they changed?

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

Originally posted by Roin

Originally posted by causs

You'll change your opinion of it after you spend some time with G1....

Yeah.. but you know what. I never had any problems with any publisher.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Looking forward to testing this, maybe this time they can implement our suggestions!

• afoaaafoaa Member UncommonPosts: 578

It took the closure of the game to make you realize just how much fun it actually was. Looking forward to the re-release.

What killed the game in the first run was the silly payment system and all the cheaters. If they haven't found a way to stop cheaters effectively then game wont live long again sadly, no matter how fun it is.

"You are the hero our legends have foretold will save our tribe, therefore please go kill 10 pigs."

• DF08SaidDF08Said Member UncommonPosts: 24

anyone got their key yet?