Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will respawn stay like that?

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Ok since I can't ask it on the official forums for some reasons anymore, I ask it here. Maybe someone who preordered can ask this on the official forums:

The thing that REALLY drives me away above all other things is the uber respawn rate. No, I don't want to discuss whether or not you like the respawn rate. All I want to know is: does it stay like that. Some say no, others say yes. I am not so much talking about the Rifts, but the normal mobs everywhere. I just can't stand this respawn madness. It is just too fast for my taste. Emphasis: my taste. I got several people telling me the respawn is going to be lowered at launch, but that is kinda hard to believe.

Anyone has some knowledge about this, or can ask this on the official forum?

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

its probably been increased for beta because so many low levels are running around right now. Previous games have done this in their OB's as well.

It will more than likely be decreased at launch, or maybe even during this beta as the population spreads out.

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Respawn is really terrible. Getting killed every 3 minuts is not fun. Soul walking is not fun. I don't understand why devs implement stuff that is not fun?

Take DCUO, death system is superb. Takes about 35 seconds to get back into action. Rift, takes over a minute? just not cool.

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Been like that since B5... cannot speak about pre-B5.  Have heard the same back and forth, yes - no, etc.  Would be interesting to know how it will play out.  Can see the need for an increased respawn during a beta... but then the same goes for the mount changes - are those staying, etc?  Would be nifty to have a list of what changes were made for beta that will be reverted on launch - unless of course that is what will take place during the pre-order beta, er - headstart.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920

Since Trion hasn't said much of anything besides trying to convince you to buy their game, I can only conclude that what you see is what you'll get. As you get past level 20, at least for Defiants, it is very difficult to go from Point A to Point B without having to stop and fight your way through. The mount becomes almost useless because in some areas the mobs are crammed so tightly.

The official forums are closed unless you have a pre-order, El. However, you can still post on the Beta Forums. You should be able to log in there.

Good luck.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• QazzQazz Member Posts: 577

Respawn rate is brutal at times, I agree. "Ha! I killed it....wait, it's standing on it's own corpse!!! ahh"

• SoraksisSoraksis Member UncommonPosts: 294

Back in beta 1 they had an update that announced they have temporarily increased respawn rates.  my guess is they will drop it a bit for launch.  they bumped it up for betas so we could test everything.  if the rates were left too low we would not have been able to push all the content we have and would not have found as many bugs as we did. 

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Ideally the respawn rates were in EQ2 or dare I say WOW too? Something along these lines, where you know you can stand a bit in some space and kill a few things at a leisure. It's just my taste, ok! ^^

Maybe a different ruleset carebear server... haha. XD

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

Originally posted by nomss

Respawn is really terrible. Getting killed every 3 minuts is not fun. Soul walking is not fun. I don't understand why devs implement stuff that is not fun?

Take DCUO, death system is superb. Takes about 35 seconds to get back into action. Rift, takes over a minute? just not cool.

Actually the DCUO death system is even worse than Rift. First off DCUO is an extremely difficult game at max level and you spend more time mezzed, stunned and knocked back than you do fighting. Second, when you die you have to shell out for gear repair.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Originally posted by Soraksis

Back in beta 1 they had an update that announced they have temporarily increased respawn rates.  my guess is they will drop it a bit for launch.  they bumped it up for betas so we could test everything.  if the rates were left too low we would not have been able to push all the content we have and would not have found as many bugs as we did. 

This. Although it still is quite annoying if you get end up by yourself...

He who keeps his cool best wins.