Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: February Screens #3

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Welcome to the third February installment of our continuing series, TERA Tuesday. MMORPG.com has partnered with TERA devs and En Masse to bring you the best TERA screens on the Net. This week, we feature three action-packed screenshots that show off the spell and skill effects. Check them out in our February TERA Screens #3 feature.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

I see lack of physics. Her clothing should have cloth physics but it feels like steel, all straight.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Originally posted by nomss

I see lack of physics. Her clothing should have cloth physics but it feels like steel, all straight.

Interesting observation. I wonder how you decyphered that out of a screenshot.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

inb4 $25 monthly subscription for RYL clone.

Originally posted by Xasapis

Interesting observation. I wonder how you decyphered that out of a screenshot.

you don't agree with me or you do?

Well, if it had cloth physics, we would see some bents, ripples, I can't think of a good word.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

If you see a picture of a bowling ball suspended in mid air after someone dropped it, do you complain that gravity isn't workin in the photo?

No.

Gravity is Physics, perhaps the cloth looks "ripply" when you watch a video of it.  It is impossible to state if physics are realistic in a screen shot.

• ThardmannThardmann Member Posts: 48

I agree very much :-)

Looks like steel, not cloth fysics.

Danish SWTOR community!
    www.SWTOR.dk

Originally posted by Laughing-man

If you see a picture of a bowling ball suspended in mid air after someone dropped it, do you complain that gravity isn't workin in the photo?

No.

Gravity is Physics, perhaps the cloth looks "ripply" when you watch a video of it.  It is impossible to state if physics are realistic in a screen shot.

It has to have some "ripply" even in screen shot. But it really looks steel like.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

if you are refering to the second pic I would agree it looks very rigid, however that is a lancer and they wear plate, maybe its not intended to be "cloth" maybe its chain or something.

That and if you guys have seen any crazy martial arts films like "Carnage of the golden flower" or "Hero" or any of those you'll recall them throwing cloth much like that in a few scenes as weapondry.

A final thought is perhaps due to the speed at which the character is thrusting the cloth is not moving much yet until it catches up with them and flutters about, which would be realistic if that were the case.

• afoaaafoaa Member UncommonPosts: 578

Well does it matter if the clothes ripple or not? The overall animations looks so artificial and plain weird in that game, that cloth rippling is a minor issue.

And what MMO does have good cloth rippling apart from CoX?

"You are the hero our legends have foretold will save our tribe, therefore please go kill 10 pigs."

• AyeOhAyeOh Member UncommonPosts: 1

IMO i think both sides have a point based on this screen shot, i mean you cant say that doesnt look like a STEEL CAPE, but with that said, it is very hard to decypher when its simply a screen shot, that couldve been caught just at a bad time..

is the release really 25$ /month subscribtion for this game? =/

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113

I think the OP may mean to say 'textures' im not sure though and it IS hard to tell from a screenshot things of this nature, I think the cloth is animated however and without physics.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

There are cloth physics in the game. As weird a discussion as this may seem.

Lancers wear plate. As stated earlier.

My own pics from a while ago showing cloth in action:

imageimage

Anything else just ask away. Many folk here willing to give answers.

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113

I stand corrected, good to know. Thanks for the info.

• SomnicideSomnicide Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by AyeOh

IMO i think both sides have a point based on this screen shot, i mean you cant say that doesnt look like a STEEL CAPE, but with that said, it is very hard to decypher when its simply a screen shot, that couldve been caught just at a bad time..

is the release really 25$ /month subscribtion for this game? =/

No, thats just the price it costs to pay for a sub on a Korean account if you arent Korean. The site you buy from scalps prices. The official pricing per month in Korea is the exact same as the price for Aion and WoW in korea. So it's almost guaranteed to be 14.99 when it hits the west.

Sup.

• ShazkneeShazknee Member Posts: 81

great graphics, but the style is just terrible.

• ArchidArchid Member UncommonPosts: 210

Originally posted by Shazknee

great graphics, but the style is just terrible.

^This.

the best way to kill a troll is to FLAME ON! ...or with acid...

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

http://www.justin.tv/terabubi#/w/877369328/2

I like the style, maybe not the elin's so much but the rest I like.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Originally posted by nblitz

There are cloth physics in the game. As weird a discussion as this may seem.

Lancers wear plate. As stated earlier.

My own pics from a while ago showing cloth in action:

imageimage

Anything else just ask away. Many folk here willing to give answers.

Thank you. This looks better. It might be very well true that it is difficult to tell of physics from pictures.