Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i want back my beloved SPELLBORN!.. hell it was simply the best

after comparing to all the others, and new ones.. 

it was my fav ;)

so HELP 'THAT GAME coming back..

and yes, i cant speak english well ; )

Comments

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

Meant to be cominb back some time soon, not sure when though

• SnailtrailSnailtrail Member Posts: 258

I saw the whole spellborn fiasco as more or less a foreign publisher keeping a dutch development company out of the market.  I neither dutch, nor  from whatever asian country Acclaim is.

It was a good game, it was uniqe, and it could have survived as a niche game.  But acclaim wanted the source code and killed the game when it wasnt going to be given up without a fight.  At least thats how i remember it all going down.  Feel free to correct me on any of this, it was a while ago since i played.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Wish it came back it was the only fantasy hack & slash online I truely enjoyed and for once it was not a gear treadmill since it was mostly for looks.

• BiohunterBiohunter Member UncommonPosts: 97

I would like to see it come back as well. Still bothers me I didnt give it the time it deserved.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

Originally posted by Snailtrail

I saw the whole spellborn fiasco as more or less a foreign publisher keeping a dutch development company out of the market.  I neither dutch, nor  from whatever asian country Acclaim is.

It was a good game, it was uniqe, and it could have survived as a niche game.  But acclaim wanted the source code and killed the game when it wasnt going to be given up without a fight.  At least thats how i remember it all going down.  Feel free to correct me on any of this, it was a while ago since i played.

Acclaim is a U.S. company.

• paulrgodpaulrgod Member UncommonPosts: 240

I was only just thinking about some of the times i spent in Spellborn - it was truly an amazing game.

A game which dared to be different, a game which All MMO players wanted - 'Something completely New'...and in rejecting a different concept, MMO players pretty much killed any chances of this stale genre ever becoming something different to what it currently is..

The game had a rocky road from launch with greedy publishing deals and ip blocks - that pretty much dug the hole, and the fact that people just 'didn't get it' buried it...

This game had potential to change the rules completely.

I too hope to see it again one day.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    Two mmo's that I strongly believe should still be around. TCoS & TR both were ahead of their time and sadly snuffed out.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885

Acclaim is that Delaware Corporation that has the dubious honor of being sued by Mary- Kate and Ashley Olson. Yes they are an American video game developer and publisher not some Asian company, they got bought over by Playdom or something.

• SkanomoduSkanomodu Member Posts: 26

Yeah, I miss spellborn too image

The combat system was really way more fun than any MMO I´ve played...yet somehow the game didn´t survive, and all we can do is wait for the free to play version to be released,if that will ever happen...

• GeevesGeeves Member UncommonPosts: 149

Agree with everyone in this thread. I miss this game so much. Wish I gave it more time.

MUNDO!!

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716

Well Spellborn was different and fun. Man I remember my first time playing this in closed beta being on the ship fighting my way through the opening to the docks and on through the broken land scape. This game was so great there combat system rocked the fact gear was not the main factor but playing with skill was. I also remember my first ganking when a player jumped me in the woods and killed me oh the fond memorys. Well lets all hope it makes a come back I would love to play it again or something close to it nah just it what a good game it was.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• AmannasAmannas Member Posts: 95

With you on that one :)

Deep,immersive,lore-driven,with quests i couldnt wait to finish so i could read up on the new bits of Spellborn shard lore i was allowed as i progressed,hard,let me say that again,HARD,and grindy...wiiii,let me repeat,GRINDY! You didnt ding end-level in one week,amagad..:)  I can't help it,gonna repeat this in defense of anyone loving to earn their e-bread..it was grindy!!!

Never mind that wheel UI thing,so so refreshing,all the skill one could master to be good,just by using his mouse,without this WoW-inflicted button mashing frenzy [Tera fans,this is where your battle system comes from,yes]

I remember the first Vault quest,my feelings as i was treading my way up that steep mountain slope,the music score so epic,feeling like i was stoned,even though sober..smiling..i was playing an MMO and i was smiling..happy..never again since..it lacked a lot,yes,had tons of bugs,with you,but it kept you hooked..you were there..

(shuts his mouth) ;p

• CorthalaCorthala Member UncommonPosts: 283

I remember wondering around a bandit camp with my Skinshifter disguised as one of them and getting ganked by a player that thought I was a bandit.

"you are like the world revenge on sarcasm, you know that?"

One of those great lines from The Secret World

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716

Sorry dont hurt me for posting this I had to just for memorys sake.

Enjoy.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

pls stop opening my old wounds.......pls

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

I loved spellbourn, it really was different. Hack n Slash style but strategic as well because you had to work out which skills to place where on the rotating skill bar thing.

Still remember being repeatedly mauled by Tiny Tyke!

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• GeevesGeeves Member UncommonPosts: 149

Originally posted by stragen001

Such an evil little creature. Hated his guts.

MUNDO!!

• paulrgodpaulrgod Member UncommonPosts: 240

Originally posted by Amarok44

Hehe nothing like being chased across Aldenvault by the most vicious doggy ever....

Originally posted by paulrgod

Hehe nothing like being chased across Aldenvault by the most vicious doggy ever....

Yeah, first time I met tiny tike I was dead before I knew he was there xD

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Originally posted by Skanomodu

Originally posted by paulrgod

Yeah, first time I met tiny tike I was dead before I knew he was there xD

Yeah me too, the first time I ventured out of hawksmouth, literally the first thing I hit when I came through the gate was Tiny Tike, then I was dead. I remember thinking to myself WHOA this area is WAY harder than the starter area. LOL

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• Mud_MonsterMud_Monster Member UncommonPosts: 229

I had good times in this game as well.  Is there still any hope of another publisher relaunching the game?  There was mention when it closed that it might be relaunched by someone else in early 2011, but I never saw who had picked up the game from Disney.

Originally posted by SagetheRage

I had good times in this game as well.  Is there still any hope of another publisher relaunching the game?  There was mention when it closed that it might be relaunched by someone else in early 2011, but I never saw who had picked up the game from Disney.

Well, this is a fansite for tcos: http://www.spellborn.org/ , and look at this thread here: http://www.spellborn.org/forum/index.php/topic,135.0.html . 

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

I would go back to it in a second. This game had many flaws but at its core it was so fun and the atmosphere was the best I have seen in an MMO.

I will always remember TCOS as my favorite MMO experience.

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

• gracefieldgracefield Member UncommonPosts: 279

Originally posted by Rockgod99

Two mmo's that I strongly believe should still be around. TCoS & TR both were ahead of their time and sadly snuffed out.

Had TR lived up to even half of the pre-launch hype, it might well still be around.

TCoS was killed before it event started thanks to the worst PR campaign since Hoover sent everyone to Florida...

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

I'd totally go back and give it another go if it re-launched. As much as I hate F2P crap, I'd still give it a go. It was a fun game & I thoroughly enjoyed the combat style.