Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PWI Money theft

Ianb4allIanb4all Member UncommonPosts: 77

I brought Zen from them about 3 weeks ago via google checkout- they took the money and then turned around and said they couldnt give me the zen as pwi does not like the option on google checkout that gives you teh option to keep your email secret when you checkout.

I contacted google checkout and they say PWI has taken the money -yet i have sent numerous tickets to PWI asking them where my zen or refund is and today i got angry and told them they thieves and reporting them to the police for theft if they dont return my money!

They responded finally by saying they dotn have my money and they banning my accounts as they dont like negative comments made about them on thier own forums about zen!

LOL

So big big warning - do not trust this company - They have taken my money- my bank says its gone- google checkout says PWI has the money and pwi wont refund me!!!

SO they are a bunch of thiefs.

I dont not recommend any of this companys games!!!

Comments

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

Originally posted by Ianb4all

I brought Zen from them about 3 weeks ago via google checkout- they took the money and then turned around and said they couldnt give me the zen as pwi does not like the option on google checkout that gives you teh option to keep your email secret when you checkout.

I contacted google checkout and they say PWI has taken the money -yet i have sent numerous tickets to PWI asking them where my zen or refund is and today i got angry and told them they thieves and reporting them to the police for theft if they dont return my money!

They responded finally by saying they dotn have my money and they banning my accounts as they dont like negative comments made about them on thier own forums about zen!

LOL

So big big warning - do not trust this company - They have taken my money- my bank says its gone- google checkout says PWI has the money and pwi wont refund me!!!

SO they are a bunch of thiefs.

I dont not recommend any of this companys games!!!

explain.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

If you can prove it. Then i would take it to your bank (or if t's a good amount of money) to a small claims lawyer. A company can't just flat out deny they ever received it, if both your bank and the transaction company can both prove that they did in fact receive it.

As for the company itself, i'll have to see more evidence then just one person. But duely noted in the future.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

How much money did they scam you for? 

• Ianb4allIanb4all Member UncommonPosts: 77

I made a post on thier forums after not recieveing any kind of reply to the 5 tickets I sent to there support- I got a auto response saying google checkout has the money not them and closed the one ticket- I contacted google checkout to find out where my money was and they claim it was sent to pwi and when I made the post on the cash shop huddle on pwi forums telling them to stop been thieves and give me my money back i promtlly got a reply back via email telling me that i am getting all my game accounts with them banned for posting negative feedback on thier forums about zen shop money.

so basically they stole my money- I cant get it back and now i have been banned from trying to find out where my money has gone.

All I can do now is warn people and report them to fair trading standerds.

hope that explains it better

Originally posted by Jimmac

How much money did they scam you for? 

Only £30 but still its the point that they have done it to me thats so annoying.

• Luthor_XLuthor_X Member Posts: 431

Hmm, this fits into the weird vibe I always get from f2p companies anyway...

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

I was just curious. I would get pissed if I got scammed out of just 1 dollar. 

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

Tip 1:  Don't use their forums, send an e-mail and contact their support department.  Accusing the company of theft and threatening to call police on their forums is a sure way to evoke defensive actions.

Just contact your bank and they will have records of the transaction.  Contact PWI's support and work it out with them.

Originally posted by Luthor_X

Hmm, this fits into the weird vibe I always get from f2p companies anyway...

Funnilly enough I played rising force online and spent hundreds of £ on that free to play game only for it to get shut down.

That coupled with this new experience with PWI has opened my eyes to the business practices of F2p games.

I will defo be avoiding these types of games in the future thats for sure.

• HekketHekket Member Posts: 905

It's your fault for playing Free2Play garbage. Hope you learned your lesson.

Originally posted by nickster29

Tip 1:  Don't use their forums, send an e-mail and contact their support department.  Accusing the company of theft and threatening to call police on their forums is a sure way to evoke defensive actions.

Just contact your bank and they will have records of the transaction.  Contact PWI's support and work it out with them.

I cant contact them anymore- everytime I try I get a message saying that pwi is not supported in my area( and I live in the UK) which is a supported area-so no idea what that is- think they blocked my ip or something so I cannot contact thier support and I cannot find a single phone number to phone them either.

so no idea what I can do now.

They get really defensive when you have a go at them about thier cash shop- they must have alot of negative feedback about it so they jump on anyone harshlly if you try show them for what they really are- a bunch of thieves who steal money:P

Originally posted by Hekket

It's your fault for playing Free2Play garbage. Hope you learned your lesson.

Yes lesson learnt indeed

• nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

Well, I wouldn't say they are thieves, more than there is currently a misunderstanding that needs to be resolved.  Picking that option to block your e-mail from the payment info can cause a lot of problems, I would know, I had the same issue your having (but with a different company).  Here is the major question though:  How long has it been since the payment was made?  

When I had the same problem, my online bank statement showed that I was down the $50 I had spent, because the transaction was in progress.  Contacted the company and they said they never received the money, which was actually true.  Because I had blocked my e-mail, the payment was rejected by their systems, so about a week later the money was back.

Well, I wouldn't say they are thieves, more than there is currently a misunderstanding that needs to be resolved.  Picking that option to block your e-mail from the payment info can cause a lot of problems, I would know, I had the same issue your having (but with a different company).  Here is the major question though:  How long has it been since the payment was made?  

When I had the same problem, my online bank statement showed that I was down the $50 I had spent, because the transaction was in progress.  Contacted the company and they said they never received the money, which was actually true.  Because I had blocked my e-mail, the payment was rejected by their systems, so about a week later the money was back.

Going into 3 weeks now since the money went out my account. I guess its a loss i will ahve to deal with- lesson learnt big time to stay away from shoddy free to play games from now on- 2nd one to really bite me in the butt.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

I don't normally like F2P games because your money switches hands so many times from when it leaves your hand to when you get the product.

Usually goes from the bank to the company handling the transaction for said game.

Then goes from their account to coins or what have you currency

To Turning in the coins to redeem an item on the cash shop.

Then finally from the cash shop to your character where you can use it.

Where as a P2P it goes from you account to the company.

Company renews allowance time

4 steps from 2 equals a lot more chances for something to go wrong.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

I have never had a problem with PWI but then I use pay pal for just about everything. from what you said it sounds like they believe that google has the money, in other words they are saying that it is already refunded from their perspective. Seems just as likely that it is Google's mistake as it might be PWI's.

First, don't go on someones website and call them thieves too quickly. You are going to only make it harder getting anything out of them. It doesn't mean that they aren't thieves but that is not the point when you are trying to get your money back. It simply isn't prudent to start calling name when you still need to interact with them

Second. I would work with google on this. They are the middle man, they are the company you did direct business with. They are the people you will ultimately get the money from regardless who's fault it really is. Honestly I am surprised that you don't already have your money back from them, this is, after all, part of the point of their service.

All die, so die well.

• kwaikwai Member UncommonPosts: 825

Going into 3 weeks now since the money went out my account. I guess its a loss i will ahve to deal with- lesson learnt big time to stay away from shoddy free to play games from now on- 2nd one to really bite me in the butt.

File a chargeback claim with your bank stating you never recieved what your purchased, i allways do that if a company is trying to scam me out of money, thats the beauty of paying with a creditcard online, you allways have the option to file a chargeback claim

• doodler222doodler222 Member UncommonPosts: 112

It specifically lists in the instructions to NOT click the 'Keep the Email Secret' . I did this also.

Ok months into this issue- not resolved - cannot do a charge back as not a credit card but a debit card- noone wants to claim responibility - i have lost this money for good- looked into every way to get this money back- short of actuall hunting down the people who stole this-i dont think i will ever get it back- only  small amount of money which people wont think is alot- but i am guessing if this has been done to a very large amount of people it will amount to quite a large sum of money- will never trust this company ever again- they use whatever shortcut to scam people!

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

but i am guessing if this has been done to a very large amount of people it will amount to quite a large sum of money- will never trust this company ever again- they use whatever shortcut to scam people!

That is just nonsense. Clearly the poster above you could have it resolved so I guess it must have been you that is the problem. Maybe it is you that should claim responsibility instead? Also why would they scam you? It does NOT cost them any money to send you virtual money! Now they lose a costumer instead who might have spend more then you did now. I think it really has more to do with your altitude toward this and there company. 

• 190100190100 Member UncommonPosts: 52

I don't know if PWE has been stealing money as I've never been dumb enough to give it to them, but their tech support is the worst you're going to find, there is NO phone number and they hide the phone number for the same reason that paypal & ebay does - a shady reason. The gms are mostly d***s, the tickets are answered by skim+copy&paste, they HOLD GRUDGES if you say something to piss them off, they ban for ridiculous things like naming a serious exploiter whose name was announced in bold global by their own servers, etc, i can go on.

PWE's games are poor quality regurgitated chinese junk using an 8 year old engine that runs like garbage on even the fastest PC money will buy; they're barely worth playing for free - paying them is just throwing your money in the toilet since you have to spend at least $500 to get anywhere.

If you want to get someone in PWE games banned without a question - make accounts on hacking, RMT, or account selling sites with their user or character name and/or allude to some basic information belonging to the person you want banned.

Also, never share your account or log in from a proxy because they ban for that too. Permanently. Bad company is bad.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    I won't say they didn't take your money but I will say CC companies are the people you go to when you have a dispute, not the vendor. Also the card will often have money in a pending transaction that means the card shows it as off the line of credit but if the pending transaction is a week old, the money goes back to your credit. The vendor never gets it.
  • AsoneAsone Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Does anyone even realize this thread was made in 2010?............

Currently active on: Landmark and Aion. Casual gamer on: GW2, Tera, and EQ2. Retired: PWI, Fiesta, and DCUO. Hyped for: EQN, BD, SC, FFXV, and No Man's Sky.