Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlanetSide: Mosquito Screen

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Sony's John Smedley has released a new PlanetSide Next image to PlanetSide Universe. The image features the Mosquito ship. In addition, the AGN will be sharing another exclusive on a broadcast scheduled for tomorrow evening.

Set your calendars for This Saturday February 12th at 8PM EST I will be broadcasting live on the Auraxis Global Network!

This will be a fairly open format show where I will be playing Music, Talking about PlanetSide Next, taking Guests and playing some of our old school original content. This is your chance to hear the various Empire Commercials and Original Content such as the PlanetSide Dating game.

You can tune in here or here or using the links that will be available on our main page when the show is live.  You can tune in with iTunes (open audio stream) Winamp, Windows Media Player and more. If you would like to join in on the air you will need TeamSpeak 3 and you will also need to send me a PM on the forum.

Read more here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• saleensaleen Member UncommonPosts: 44

Wouldn't mind trying the new PS.  First one was fun but really really laggy.

• an0maly33an0maly33 Member Posts: 42

I wouldn't mind another planetside, but I can't see paying $15/mo to play it.

• FreedomBladeFreedomBlade Member UncommonPosts: 281

Originally posted by saleen
    Wouldn't mind trying the new PS.  First one was fun but my PC was really really laggy.

Fixed it for you - it was fine for thousands of other people.

• AntiheroDAntiheroD Member UncommonPosts: 43

rarely was lag an issue. my issue was it was raised to 15 from 13 a month.

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

I'd happily pay $15 a month, as long as its open world, and they dont have BigFuckingRobots. If it ends up like Global Agenda Im going to be so pissed. (And not really pissed I just wont care. As in it will be a game to ignore.)

We'll see if Smedley can take something that worked great for them before, and not make the same fuck-ups a second time.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

*whistles*

well look at that beauty :)

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

I can't wait for this game.

• TwwIXTwwIX Member Posts: 203

John Smedley and Co. will find a way to fuck it up somehow.

• HetNetHetNet Member Posts: 48

Like most, I'm terrified that it will just be bad......BUT......I do sincerely and fervently HOPE that they can capture PlanetSide again....I really, really miss the old game.......

PlanetSide is still unique in the scale and freedom aspects.

• mOoKmOoK Member Posts: 26

Mosquito net.

• saleensaleen Member UncommonPosts: 44

Originally posted by FreedomBlade

Originally posted by saleen

Wouldn't mind trying the new PS.  First one was fun but my PC was really really laggy.

Fixed it for you - it was fine for thousands of other people.

Latency lag.

• SlineerSlineer Member Posts: 246

New mossy looks like a drone almost. I hope its more like a scout, tactical plane in PSN and they have some better planes for dog fighting. However, so far it just looks like a remake of the original game with new graphics and no BFR's unless smedley is lieing about that. TBH I'd be happy to play the original game with population again anyways, but it would be dumb to miss an opportunity like this to do so much more.

• DM19DM19 Member UncommonPosts: 122

I can't wait PS to me even today is the best mmo i've played

• LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417

Might as well post the pictures of the other vehicles he posted. Just in case someone hasn't seen 'em. It's looking good. :)

Source: http://www.planetside-universe.com/

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Can't wait for this ! :D

• ShattenShatten Member UncommonPosts: 40

hmm i wonder if this ss is from a trailer or gameplay or maybe its an artwork, if its from the gameplay then it will lag big time...

• Luthor_XLuthor_X Member Posts: 431

I think a new PS could go over well... but then again

• toljartoljar Member UncommonPosts: 228

i hope this game looks like the SS. If people lag upgrade your computers... 

Gaming community: IRONFIST
    New World: Lilith - US East
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Burning Legion> Alliance(We transferred to Illidan)
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Illidan> Horde
    SWOTR: IRONFIST <Satele Shan> Empire/Republic

• WardropWardrop Member Posts: 462

I can not wait... i love the die cast metal skins on these aircraft. I cant wait to see a trooper model.

• sJenksFTWsJenksFTW Member Posts: 63

I'm hesitant but hopeful!

Have Played: FFXI, WoW, Aion, DCUO
    Waiting For: TSW, World of Darkness, SWTOR
    Currently Playing: KOTOR
    Tried: Matrix Online, Rift, Xsyon, LOTRO, EVE, Guild Wars

“Not all those who wander are lost.”
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

• CopenhagenCopenhagen Member UncommonPosts: 57

Well, I have a few things to say.

First off, Planet Side (For me) was and still is the best MMO I've played Hands Down.   I had the most fun in that game.  Looking back, after I've played other MMO's like World of Warcraft (The game everyone I know from Planet Side went to)  I really do miss it a lot.   I still re-sub to it from time to time, to try it, but, it just is not the same without the Population it once had.  The Population is what made Planet Side so ...well Fun.

I really fear that they will try to make it into something totally different, or "Modernize" it in some way.   Which will in turn make me not like it, as well as many others.  (I.E.  Core Combat, and BFR's those two things were Sony's attempt at "Modernizing" the game in an effort to get more new players, which did work...but ran off all the existing players).

See, what made Planet Side fun for me, and I think I speak for most everyone else that played it and loved it, was a few things.   I liked it mainly because the gaming experience made me feel like I was actually involved in a "War"...or "Conflict".     In most other FPS games, it's just a "Kill Fest" or "Frag Fest"   Planet Side offered more than that.  Which made it extremely fun for people even if you were not the greatest at racking up large numbers or kills.    There was support to do, the large battles required a lot of complex stratagy that your just not going to find in any other FPS out there.

To be honest, if they just made the new planet Side the way it was before Core Combat, and BFR's, with a new engine, and all new graphics, I'd probably play it for sure.

But if they go to making it like any of the other FPS games out there, I'm probably not going to be interested in it.

Yeah, I am certainly going to try it...but how it turns out will determine weather I stay.