Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dark Age of Camelot: Patch v1.108 Deployed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Dark Age of Camelot team has deployed the 1.108 patch across all servers. The new version features a literal laundry list of updates, changes, and bug fixes. Included in the patch are class balance changes, RvR alterations and realm abilities rank changes.

• House rent will be turned on for version 1.108

• The damage from siege weapons and all siege ammunition has been increased. The hit points of keep pieces have also been increased; players will see the greatest difference in damage on enemy players.

• The Braemar Battleground has been updated with new repeatable quests that will award generous amounts of Experience and Aurulite. Level appropriate Aurulite merchants have been added as well.

• The Realm Ability System has received a large overhaul to expand the purchasable ranks out for almost all abilities, giving players an increased level of customization when spending their realm ability points. Many of the Class Realm Rank 5 abilities have also been reworked or replaced entirely.

Read more here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Ramones274Ramones274 Member Posts: 366

I will always love you..

There are two kinds of people in this world. People who pick their nose.. and liars.

• WaizerWaizer Member Posts: 125

when will they release origins? Will instantly resub to the game soon as that is released :(

• MistmouseMistmouse Member Posts: 91

My wife and I played this game for almost 7 years, was great time and we still talk about it. Give us origins or Daoc 2!

• Bicknell55Bicknell55 Member UncommonPosts: 73

Originally posted by Mistmouse

My wife and I played this game for almost 7 years, was great time and we still talk about it. Give us origins or Daoc 2!

Same here with mine... Awesome!

As much talk that has been with both Origins & Daoc 2,; I see neither.... so my bet has been with Rift! Been feeling the some of the same gameplay, but still in it's own type of MMO.  

Bick

• DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

Ah I loved DAoC so much...I still do...sadly I traded my account away (being young and dumb) for an everquest account back in the day and cannot bring myself to attempt to level up a new character now-adays.

If I still had that account I would probably be playing again, but alas...no :(

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

I would love to go back to this game and try it again after all these years, but I just have a hard time giving EA/Mythic any more of my money after playing that trainwreck Warhammer way too long.  Hell, all they would need to do is update the graphics and UI a bit and add some other minor things, and DAoC would have more subs than Warhammer because it is such a vastly superior game but it's just dated to me now. 

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

Originally posted by Worstluck

I would love to go back to this game and try it again after all these years, but I just have a hard time giving EA/Mythic any more of my money after playing that trainwreck Warhammer way too long.  Hell, all they would need to do is update the graphics and UI a bit and add some other minor things, and DAoC would have more subs than Warhammer because it is such a vastly superior game but it's just dated to me now. 

I have to agree, i checked it out after i had a 7 day comeback and try us out again offer, so i did, i spent about 2hrs before having to leave as the game looked utterly dated and very old.

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

Originally posted by Waizer

when will they release origins? Will instantly resub to the game soon as that is released :(

It got canned when WAR failed so badly that Mythic's team got dispersed to 4 different games. No one at EA thought to bother with DAoC.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Agreed, if Origins had been made I'd be subscribed.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

Originally posted by Kyleran

Agreed, if Origins had been made I'd be subscribed.

Actually I don't think I would have. They made a few origins press releases before canning the idea, they were doing a horrible job with it. They were going to add safe zones to the frontiers, leave the archery system the way it is, cut out certain classes, ect ect.

• kalimahkalimah Member Posts: 44

Doing the 14 free day trial again.  So weird going back to this game since i quit 2 years ago and played since 01'.   Missed everything about it..

• darkgiantdarkgiant Member Posts: 3

I loved DAOC like no other MMO I've ever played.  These update notices always depress me because they are a reminder of what the game has become.

What I would give for a DOAC 2.

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Origins will never happen  but IMO  since i still have a few friends who play..the game is nice where it is  at least they all just Power level through their character and template them out since they all have loads of cash...and JUST RVR  i watch them zerg or run 8 mans some of the time...gameplay is still epic and RvR still populated 

• mjkittredgemjkittredge Member Posts: 126

All this talk about DAOC 2... everybody seems to think it would be the greatest thing since sliced bread and threesomes.. erm I mean 3 realm system. Doesn't anybody consider they could mess up the formula with either too much new stuff/differences (more likley) or disappoint by making it too similar to original DAOC (less likely)? Whatever they do, people will complain. Like with Trials Of Atlantis. The beginning of the end, heh.

I didn't think the pvp was that great, honestly. It was less about skill, and more about who had maxed out gear/stats and who got the jump on whom. 10 second huge AOE stuns that have zero chance to break on damage? No chance to survive a stealthers attacks? Flavor of the month classes that own face in ridiculous fashion then get the nerf bat swung so hard at them they become worthless? (after all that time building up the character, too! Haha!) So much bullshit. The fanboys for DAOC are worse than fanboys for any other game. Blinded by their love. This wasn't gods gift to gaming. It did some things right, and very well. And failed in other aspects. I think the 3 separate factions was brilliant, it's best contribution to the MMORPG genre, which strangely has not been emulated much if at all... can't think of another 3 faction mmorpg. Starcraft? :P

• unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462

The current rules in DAOC are actually pretty great.  Purchasing of ML's with bounty points, can level all crafting professions etc.  Still, we need DAOC 2.

• ubergrendelubergrendel Member Posts: 8

I'm coming back baby !!!

• finnmacool1finnmacool1 Member Posts: 453

Even with new graphics and a decent ui the game still wouldnt be worth a sub. Same issues of buff bots, horrible class balance,horrible casting mechanism, and ridiculous cc. That doesnt even include the toa and ml nonsense.