Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gladiator arena mmo

I would love to see a roman times mmo where you fight in the arena for either purse or your freedom.

Other players could sit in and watch and place wagers against other players. Guild leaders use there guild m8s to fight for the glory of there guild. Maybe in order to join the guild you have to beat one of the guild members in the arena

Comments

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Fury was kind of like this, unfortunately it got shut down quite quick after launch.

• xenoclixxenoclix Member UncommonPosts: 298

Would be nice - wouldnt be a full fledge MMO what is ok but will incorporate some aspects of that to keep more players in the server.

You can have guilds that act as a "ludus" what act as a training school and or place to keep all your members there. Where the guild leaders can pick their men against other ludus's for glory, honor, fame, and money.

Some MMO aspects you could put in could be the usual crafting and out of town combat to gain skill, levels as sorts etc. Game wouldnt really revolve around levels, maybe a max level of 20 what you could achieve in a fairly quick time but where the level advancement lacks - the combat system dosnt, would be an action based freeform combat where aiming, dodging, blocking and so forth all play a part in it.

Betting like you said would be great, and a leaderboard, tournaments and so forth could be held all the time.

Like i said it wouldnt be a full fledge MMO, but big enough to have a epic time. More things could be added to make it much bigger and such but i wont list them as i just got out of bed and im tired ;D.

• FearGXFearGX Member Posts: 317

I don't think it would work. It can be a feature, but if that was the whole game it would die out fast. I support your idea, but making that the whole game is just destined for shutdown.

• Natron360Natron360 Member Posts: 3

I'm playing a game right now that is pretty much exactly what you are asking for.  It is called Pit of War.  It's a free to play gladiator managment game.  I'm having a lot of fun with it now and the art is amazing.  If you watch Spartacus it is a lot like that.  You are the Master of your own school of gladiators and you fight other managers in the arena.  If you are interested you should check it out.  You can find it here: http://www.pitofwar.com

• TheIllusiveTheIllusive Member Posts: 196

Originally posted by pauly6478

I would love to see a roman times mmo where you fight in the arena for either purse or your freedom.

Other players could sit in and watch and place wagers against other players. Guild leaders use there guild m8s to fight for the glory of there guild. Maybe in order to join the guild you have to beat one of the guild members in the arena

borrring xD