Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It finally happened....The WOW Killer. RIFT!!!!

MattDaddy10MattDaddy10 Member UncommonPosts: 30

Let's start by saying that I am a HUGE BLIZZARD fan. An avid WOW player for years and many other MMO's. I know, I know it has been said many times before that this game or that game will take down the behemoth that is WOW. Well Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls it has finally arrived. May we introduce the WOW killer.....RIFT. Yes WOW fanboys and non fanboys when you take a step back to look without your WOW goggles on, RIFT is everything WOW is and more. Rift's gameplay is superb, the graphics are fantastic and the UI is fabulous. Rift's lore is already starting out robust and the community in the betas has been great. Only time will tell but if WOW is a 7 or 8, RIFT is a 10. You would be doing yourself a disservice by not playing the heck out of RIFT. I have officially cancelled my WOW sub and am now a RIFTER! Thank you TRION WORLDS you have done it! Now do not let us down in the coming years. It is all there for you to become the premiere MMO Devs. Good Luck.

Comments

• PaulehPauleh Member UncommonPosts: 78

Well when it happens let me know.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Originally posted by Pauleh

Well when it happens let me know.

Me, too!

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

I played some rift beta and then I bought DC and it blows rift away, sorry

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920

/yawn

We'll try real hard not to say "I told you so" when the wheels fall off.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Ack what to do what to do?!

So many threads like these keep popping up. Shall I save them in my bookmarks folder to dig them up a few months down the road? 

Choices choices. ^^

• ko1oko1o Member UncommonPosts: 117

Well if 12 million people think the same way you do, you might be right. As for me I'll be waiting for something else.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

You really like Rift that much? So many people saying that it's just a clone, and who wants to experience the same sort of thing again and again! It's like reading a thread about game "X" is going to be a WoW killer...

nvm

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by nblitz

Ack what to do what to do?!

So many threads like these keep popping up. Shall I save them in my bookmarks folder to dig them up a few months down the road? 

Choices choices. ^^

Good idea. That way you can shatter people's hopes and dreams the next time they're being silly and making a WoW-killer thread.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Lol.

Enthusiasm and enjoyment with a game is good.

Loss of any sense of realism, not so much.

But hey, hf in Rift during your stay image

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Even if some game comes along that takes a lot of people away from WoW if there are 4mill people still subscribed I wouldnt call it dead...... I dont realy like WoW(bored of it after 6 years) or Rift(bored of it after 6 years).

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

The WoW killer? i doubt there is ever gonna be a game that "kills" WoW, shut up with these stupid threads allready.

And if there ever is a game that is going to kill WoW its not gonna be this PoS clone. Its just a bad version of WoW in another skin.

To bad the devs arent making something more original, cause they actually seem too listen and are great devs. what a waste of potential tbh.

Currently Playing Path of Exile

• DaredentDaredent Member UncommonPosts: 14

If a game is like WOW.   I want nothing to do with it. 

Its the worst MMORPG model ever made. 

It has ruined a genre of gaming.

Game DEVs now want to clone WOW not because its good ... its because its DUMBED-DOWN for the masses to play.

This way they can collect a sub fee for MILLIONS.

The WORST part is you WOWclones are FUELING this by comparing everything to that damn DUMBED-DOWN game.

Thanks for helping to ruin my favorite genre of gaming.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Originally posted by Daredent

Game DEVs now want to clone WOW not because its good ... its because its DUMBED-DOWN for the masses to play.

The WORST part is you WOWclones are FUELING this by comparing everything to that damn DUMBED-DOWN game.

I don't get it...why do these companies make games? Why do ANY companies make ANY product?

Oh yeah...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

Another one?

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

Well that's Rift doomed then...it's a well known fact when your game is dubbed a WoW Killer by anyone it is then cursed.

• slprslpr Member Posts: 340

Sorry but no.

• drawingbraddrawingbrad Member UncommonPosts: 67

IDK what game you all are playing.. I have played every beta and also been in alpha for quite some time, the combat in this game is retarded slow! Nothing special about the combat here. Just wait for SWTOR!

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Originally posted by eyelolled

You really like Rift that much? So many people saying that it's just a clone, and who wants to experience the same sort of thing again and again! It's like reading a thread about game "X" is going to be a WoW killer...

nvm

nvm

(This whole thread is a clone)

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Originally posted by Xzen

I dont realy like WoW(bored of it after 6 years) or Rift(bored of it after 6 years).

Nice.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • DerebusDerebus Member Posts: 54

Dreaming for a big budget sandbox game.... one day....

Future: WoD, SWTOR, Arche Age, Tera (maybe), GW2.
    Present: None.
    Past: Eve, RIFT, UO, bunch of F2P crap.

• fadasmafadasma Member UncommonPosts: 26

omg....not another post for a game so call "wow killer"....jeeeezz

hey i am fan of rift also and play in betas and i will play the game whean it come but seriusly......take some pill and chill out...

Same thing were told about Conan,same for Warhammer and same thing will tell for another 100 games that they will come...and mark my words same things will tell about Warhammer 40k.....

• vanderghastvanderghast Member UncommonPosts: 309

Rift will never break 1 million subs.

It probably won't even match Age of Conan's launch success of 700kish. 

Probably around 500k the first month to fall to around 200 after 30 days and then slowly decline after that.

There is no wow killer game.  Not even SWTOR will hit wow numbers.  Even blizzards next mmo won't hit wow numbers.  WoW was a fluke that happened at the right time.  Now everyone is tired of the wow model, which rift follows to a T.  10 mins of play into rift and i was allready thinking "oh christ it's just wow reskinned".  Just not enough content in Rift to keep people long and many of them have attachments to their wow char or guild and will end up back in wow doing the same stupid crap for the next year while they wait for another expansion.

Honestly i dunno what i hate more, wow, or game fanboys that post clueless crap.  I almost wish that a posters age was required when posting just so i'd know that a grown adult wasn't dumb enough to make these kinds of posts and that it's some 12 year old fanboy with no clue.

• DaredentDaredent Member UncommonPosts: 14

Originally posted by Slampig

Originally posted by Daredent

I don't get it...why do these companies make games? Why do ANY companies make ANY product?

Oh yeah...

THIS!   Yes they make games to make money.  YOU should get your head out of your a-- and realize that WOW is a horrid game and actually DEMAND more from your subscription fees.   YOU sir are part of the problem.    Not the solution ;)

• JoliustJoliust Member Posts: 1,329

I giggle at the sight of this thread being among many threads in the Rift forum named "I'm Bored" and decent game, but repetitive.

Sent me an email if you want me to mail you some pizza rolls.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Rift is the game that made me hate MMO genre. How about that ?

This discussion has been closed.